collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 11/12 P-A-Y Go v ST comparison  (Read 12621 times)

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
Re: 11/12 P-A-Y Go v ST comparison
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2012, 10:16:53 AM »
To reward season ticket holders, I'd instead give them a free cup game or two and if it's season when we don't get a home cup tie, a free away game towards the end of the season.

Can't do this, no away game can accomodate 15-20 thousand season ticket holders!

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2012, 05:24:23 PM »
To reward season ticket holders, I'd instead give them a free cup game or two and if it's season when we don't get a home cup tie, a free away game towards the end of the season.

Can't do this, no away game can accomodate 15-20 thousand season ticket holders!
It doesnt have to be the same away game though does it. I think a free away ticket during the season as part of  a ST package would be a good idea.

Offline Sister of Top Cat

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2012, 08:19:09 PM »

It doesnt have to be the same away game though does it. I think a free away ticket during the season as part of  a ST package would be a good idea.
Personally I'd rather they just reduced the cost of a ST.  That way those who do go away can use that money towards the cost of a ticket and those that don't wouldn't lose out.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2012, 08:22:51 PM »
Same here. Plus drop the promotional crap. I don't need/want AVTV, a sticker for my seat, one free coffee when I buy three, etc etc

Offline Sister of Top Cat

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2012, 08:24:32 PM »
Same here. Plus drop the promotional crap. I don't need/want AVTV, a sticker for my seat, one free coffee when I buy three, etc etc
Yes absolutely.

Offline Jimmy Smash

« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2012, 08:30:23 PM »
Reduce the season ticket cost. This would compensate for the PAYGO discount, lower expectations, crap football, lack of motivation on the pitch,  rubbish board etc etc. And No, I don't want a Villa dressing gown, even if it is 10% off.

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2012, 08:58:29 PM »

I really can't see how this could work.  Who would determine who goes to which game?  Most would probably want to go to the likes of Old Trafford, Emirates, Stamford Bridge, the Etihad.  How could the club allocate tickets?  There's also the varying costs of away tickets to be taken into consideration.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2012, 09:18:35 PM »
I think there should be a "Cup gamble option" on a season ticket. You can buy a season ticket a normal season ticket for the usual price or for a bit more get one which includes all the home cup games. If there are a lot of home cup games it will be an incredible bargain, and if we go out before we even get one home cup match, you've lost your gamble. I think it'd add interest ;)

Offline villaparkb6

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2012, 10:05:06 PM »
Tbh as a st holder since 1982 i think its takin the piss that buying casual tickets works out cheaper than a season ticket, since the year dot before any seats were on the terraces the whole point of paying up front for a season ticket was to get a discount for your loyalty, if it works out cheaper to buy casual and probably miss the crap games when you dont fancy it whats the point ?

Offline bones.

• GM : 28.01.2020
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2012, 05:35:55 AM »
As others have said, it would be good if it included cup games, a cup run would be a good saving as long as we get drawn at home. Theres a reasonable offer on at the moment for season ticket holders for the Bolton match. Ive just exchanged our two season tickets in the lower North for three in the middle Trinity and its cost me a tenner. The downside to this is that its the Bolton match of course.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2012, 06:25:12 PM »
So...all season tickets have been increased by a tenner unless you renew by the end of May in which case it's the same price.

But it appears the club are listening and will ditch the cheap matchday offers as they're introducing a new "cheapskate" season ticket for 295 quid which works out at pretty much 15 quid a game.

These seats are located in shall we say some of the less desirable parts of the ground such as in the Witton upper right next to the away fans and in the Holte/Trinity corner but you can't argue with that price.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2012, 06:26:55 PM »
I'll definitely consider relocating from the Upper Holte for the £295 option. Off to take a look.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal