collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 11/12 P-A-Y Go v ST comparison  (Read 12610 times)

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
Re: 11/12 P-A-Y Go v ST comparison
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2012, 08:27:45 PM »
I actually don't think our season ticket prices are that bad. Yes in an ideal world they'd all be under 400 quid and the ones over 500 quid need to be looked at but the ones at around £450 worked out at less than 25 quid a game so for a season of prem football that's not too bad.

It's our matchday ticket prices that seriously need to be looked at imo. If you're a casual fan then you'll probably be scared away if you want to sit in the upper witton or trinity and you see the price is 39 quid (42 for the top games).

I see on the website they've started doing early bird deals for these sections but they still start at 29 quid.

Can't agree with that I'm afraid.  Season ticket holders pay their money up front, for every game. I simply cannot see why casual supporters should pay less for their tickets than season ticket holders.

The club needs the revenue from the sale of  season tickets.  I think they are going to struggle next season for several reasons not least cheaper tickets on a match by match basis as others have said.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2012, 08:39:33 PM »
Well if they reduced ticket prices to a maximum of 35 quid in all parts of the ground, then that would still be more expensive then our most expensive season ticket price wouldn't it?

Offline villajk

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2012, 08:51:06 PM »
Well if they reduced ticket prices to a maximum of 35 quid in all parts of the ground, then that would still be more expensive then our most expensive season ticket price wouldn't it?

It would indeed.

Offline Sister of Top Cat

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2012, 08:55:52 PM »
So you think match tickets should be reduced but season tickets remain the same price?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2012, 08:58:38 PM »
It is scary how once people stop going they can lose interest. Early to mid 90s there used to be 12-25 of us meet up before a game. Numbers depended on work etc. Midweek games often had the biggest numbers of us for that reason. Likes of Peterborough, Wigan in the LC was always a good turn out.

Me and my sister are the only ones that still go more than a few times a season now. And a lot of that group were regulars dating back to the late 60s early 70s through to Simod aways and the like. Even the MON & Randy "glory" years didn't get them back more. I doubt they will ever be anything but occasional visitors to VP anymore. But how many more like them are there?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2012, 09:19:17 PM »
I had a few years when I didn't bother.

Was a regular attendee, then went to live abroad, came back three years later and just didn't bother going again for what turned out to be several years.

Once you get out of the habit, it is quite easy.

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2012, 11:12:59 PM »
I had a few years when I didn't bother.

Was a regular attendee, then went to live abroad, came back three years later and just didn't bother going again for what turned out to be several years.

Once you get out of the habit, it is quite easy.

Like any habit, it's breaking the initial dependency that's the main stumbling block.

Personal/work issues [which I suspect are not unique to me] makes staying away easier than attending at times.

Offline richardhubbard

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2012, 06:26:20 AM »
Having lived away from Birmingham for 13 years , I had 8 years of going to 12 plus games a season and then got a season ticket(s) for five years. Having got increasingly pissed off , last summer game them up. I then went to home game in September and bought tickets three times since but gradually given up.

I still look at results , but for now weekends are more enjoyable and cheaper than spending 150 on that shite

Offline MarkM

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2012, 11:09:08 AM »
There is no real insentive for the club to reduce ticket prices.

If they did they would have to ensure that more attended to make up for the shortfall, and with the dross on the pitch that is something they can't do.

So I suspect that ST prices will be held, and the offers will continue as the club desperately tries to fill the empty seats [bit like Ryan Air or Easy Jet!]

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2012, 04:06:40 PM »
High price put me off as well, and boring football plus uncertainly about changes at work for Saturday. 

I have not missed going to Villa Park or get a craving to come back. It is not very difficult to get out of habit. Football need to realise it also competing with other leisure activities ie Cinema, Salsa Dancing, Rugby, etc. 

for price of ticket, program and fuel which is about 35-40 pounds could pay for 3 night out in Salsa Dancing.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2012, 04:48:29 PM »
Can do 5 rock climbing sessions for the price of a ticket.  I know what I'd rather be spending my time doing.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2012, 04:54:37 PM »
Can do 5 rock climbing sessions for the price of a ticket.  I know what I'd rather be spending my time doing.
Exactly. At least you can be pissed while watching a match. Not that rock climbing.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2012, 08:11:15 PM »
High price put me off as well, and boring football plus uncertainly about changes at work for Saturday. 

I have not missed going to Villa Park or get a craving to come back. It is not very difficult to get out of habit. Football need to realise it also competing with other leisure activities ie Cinema, Salsa Dancing, Rugby, etc. 

for price of ticket, program and fuel which is about 35-40 pounds could pay for 3 night out in Salsa Dancing.

Yeah, that's my point. Would you reconsider if the standard match day ticket price was in the 20-25 quid price range?

I think the season tickets over 500 quid should be reduced without question. Anything below that works out at 25 quid per game which I think is o.k.

To reward season ticket holders, I'd instead give them a free cup game or two and if it's season when we don't get a home cup tie, a free away game towards the end of the season.

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2012, 08:37:09 PM »
My first season without a ST for the last 15 years and being honest I don't miss it anywhere near as much as I thought I would. I've moved to Worcestershire, I don't mind driving but not for what's been served up so far. I also said for many years that once my seat went to £500+ I'd give it thought. Not because I couldn't pay it, more out of principle - football is taking the piss out of its supporters. Of course I still support Villa, I stream most games and would quite happily renew if I thought that the money I was paying was justified but even at £25 per game, it that really good value for 90mins of 'entertainment'? And I use that word very loosely at the moment.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2012, 10:30:38 PM »

I guarantee the club has never even considered this comparison and it just shows how clueless Randy and Faulkener are!!!

We need people in charge who understand salsa dancing or we're going nowhere!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal