collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread: Speculation, Lies, Absolute Cr*p and Bosman Rumours  (Read 2451260 times)

Offline Phil from the upper holte

Re: Summer Transfer Thread: Speculation, Lies, Absolute Cr*p and Bosman Rumours
« Reply #8760 on: August 26, 2012, 11:22:21 PM »
So unless Man Citeh score another goal in the last 10 minutes to win at Anfield, then we're going to be bottom of the league after just 2 games...and probably still there after we lose at Newcastle next week. That should send a loud enough message to Randy to back PL this week...lets hope it doesnt fall on deaf ears.
Lerner has proved himself to be a Grade A twat over the last 2 seasons, I don't expect that to change anytime soon.

We need 3 players of quality and experience, you're talking in the region of £20m and I can't see him stumping up for that.

Proud history - Dismal future.

Can't disagree, although if we ain't brought anyone in before Newcastle then its too late the door will be well and truly shut

Offline wolfman999

« Reply #8761 on: August 26, 2012, 11:24:21 PM »
According to the Mail, when asked if anything was in the pipeline, P L replied no but was planning to sit down with Lerner and Faulkner to discuss a way forward. If true, with five days to go, that is truly terrifying and shows breathtaking incompetance at the highest level of the club.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #8762 on: August 26, 2012, 11:27:16 PM »
I can't stand Collymore either.  He just comes across like that loud-mouthed Harry Enfield character.  "Lambert?!  Don't talk to me about Lambert!" 

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #8763 on: August 26, 2012, 11:30:40 PM »
According to the Mail, when asked if anything was in the pipeline, P L replied no but was planning to sit down with Lerner and Faulkner to discuss a way forward. If true, with five days to go, that is truly terrifying and shows breathtaking incompetance at the highest level of the club.

After the car crash of the past 24 months are you at all surprised?

I don't think any other club in the top flight, over the past two seasons, has been so incompetently managed as we have.

Offline wolfman999

« Reply #8764 on: August 26, 2012, 11:32:41 PM »
Err No....

Offline KRS

« Reply #8765 on: August 26, 2012, 11:33:21 PM »
"If true" are the keywords there and I sincerely doubt they will be. Why would we appoint a new head of European scouting if there was no intention to bring in cheaper (ie more affordable) players from the continent? Why would any manager declare that we have funds available to improve the squad?

I would like to think that PL has been assessing the strengths of the squad in competitive games as you cant tell much from pre-season games. If I'm wrong then then they will be guilty of being incompetent and Randy can rightly be branded a "twat"...until then I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Offline wolfman999

« Reply #8766 on: August 26, 2012, 11:39:14 PM »
Whichever way it plays out, at least we won't have long to wait to find out. What I can't understand is if the name of the game is saving money, why leave it so late so other clubs know we are desperate and will up their prices accordingly. But hey, what do I know! ::)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #8767 on: August 26, 2012, 11:44:44 PM »
Unless PL has a real quality target in mind and has discussed it with Randy there is no point in panic buying. We may as well make the best with the current lot and than make considered  signings in January.

Offline KRS

« Reply #8768 on: August 26, 2012, 11:47:18 PM »
It can also work the other way around wolfman...leaving it till last minute more often than not means you can pick up a bargain as other teams are trying to offload players. We're not the only club with players that we dont want, we're not the only club that needs to reduce the wage bill and we're not the only club that needs to sell to buy. I also expect we'll be going about our business quietly with European clubs rather than the ridiculous over inflated prices of the Premier League and English players.

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #8769 on: August 26, 2012, 11:56:34 PM »
My biggest concern is not who Lambert wants to bring in, but will he be able to find anyone stupid enough to take on Hutton and Warnock?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #8770 on: August 27, 2012, 12:30:14 AM »
Was Jones involved for Stoke today? Swap with Hutton, throw in Davy Prutton and a bag of mutton.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #8771 on: August 27, 2012, 12:43:59 AM »
Unless PL has a real quality target in mind and has discussed it with Randy there is no point in panic buying. We may as well make the best with the current lot and than make considered  signings in January.

With the current midfield we could be in a lot of trouble by January. Need to act now. Not panic, but act. Even someone like Danny Guthrie would have given us a much better option than what we have

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #8772 on: August 27, 2012, 01:29:16 AM »
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/342248?

Press are after Lerner then. He has backed himself into a corner by appointing a manager with such a growing reputation and then thus far not properly backing him.

If the club have any sense, they will give Lambert 20 million this week for 4-5 players that can bolster the very, very thin squad we have.

Offline KRS

« Reply #8773 on: August 27, 2012, 01:35:28 AM »
Harsh but fair...cant disagree with any of that.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #8774 on: August 27, 2012, 02:54:41 AM »
Staggered to hear a commentator of the Pool-City game that before being selected for this game Milner had only played 2 minutes in their last seven Prem games.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal