collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread: Speculation, Lies, Absolute Cr*p and Bosman Rumours  (Read 2444598 times)

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Re: Summer Transfer Thread: Speculation, Lies, Absolute Cr*p and Bosman Rumours
« Reply #11550 on: October 06, 2012, 08:28:29 PM »
I am very much in favour of our manager's policy of spending money on young players from lower divisions who have potential.

In my opinion they have nine very clear advantages over established premiership players.

1.   They are a fraction of the price and your money gets a bigger less injury and suspension damaged squad.

2.   They are younger and probably carry fewer long term injury or fitness dangers (Jenas, Dunne etc).

3.   They are much less likely to be burdened with baggage like woman trouble or gambling or booze or driving offences.

4.    They have less inflated egos.

5.    Because Paul Lambert has given them their big chance they they will be intensely loyal to him.

6.    They are pop bottles not milk bottles.   You can always get something back on them.

7.   Their agents behave themselves.

8.   They are not part of the celeb circuit more interested in what the tabloids say than what the manager says.

9.   Savage does not have their phone numbers.

Realistically of course we hope, and they hope that some of them will become Premiership stars and then they will lose all the advantages listed above and will join the ranks of Lampard, Rooney and co, but by that time they will have delivered for us and we shall be the ones who reap the benefit.

10.   Because they're cheap.

And regardless of what your 9 points claim, it's probably the main reason we signed them.

yep, most of them were cheaper than those experienced players like Hutton, Warnock, Beye, Heskey etc

even throw N'Zog in there as well, they were all cheaper than him

Offline IRISHPHIL

« Reply #11551 on: October 09, 2012, 05:11:19 PM »
would like us to go after gary hooper from celtic

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #11552 on: February 01, 2013, 12:46:53 AM »

Riiiight, this is all a result of Lerner's monetary policy. In reality, PL is coming to him and saying, "Randy, give me 10 million pounds so that I can go buy 'Proven Premier League Player X'!" and Randy replies, "No, Paul, here is 500K (or whatever it is) for Bowery. Have you seen him? He can really do the business and the price is right! I have been spending all my time scouting the lower leagues for these bargain basement players." Sheesh! PL knows who he wants and has targeted those players and brought them to the attention of PF. If you do not like the players he is bringing in, then take it up with Lambert. Has anyone noticed that this is fairly typical of PL's modus operandi? It has worked well in the past, so why not allow him the opportunity to build the team his way without suggesting that he would really be building a Barcelona-like squad if "only that pesky Randy had not thwarted him."

Right then Pelty, seeing as you've been on here tonight, what are the reasons for this shambles of a transfer window?  Lerner not putting the money up, or Lambert not spending money that was available?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #11553 on: February 01, 2013, 07:53:52 AM »
Haven't four months worth of posts vanished?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #11554 on: February 01, 2013, 07:56:28 AM »

Edit: ah no, I get it. This is the Summer transfer thread.

I blame Risso for confusing me. And I think Pelty has about as much influence at the club these days as Rinder does.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #11555 on: February 01, 2013, 07:58:01 AM »

Edit: ah no, I get it. This is the Summer transfer thread.

I blame Risso for confusing me. And I think Pelty has about as much influence at the club these days as Rinder does.
Message pigeon.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #11556 on: February 01, 2013, 07:58:52 AM »
Eastie is back to a new starter. He was hoping to join the 30000 club on one thread alone.

I have this image of him in his room, surrounded by posters of Natalie Sawyer and Jim White, slowly rocking back and forth saying "one more signing, just one more signing...".

Offline DerHammer

« Reply #11557 on: February 01, 2013, 08:40:34 AM »
So we have 1 player that we need with no Prem experience & loaned a player that we don't need. We're fucked >:(

Online stubbsyandy

« Reply #11558 on: February 01, 2013, 02:00:19 PM »
I see Upson went to Brighton on loan, a loan deal would have been good for us

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal