collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bent out for rest of season  (Read 39090 times)

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
Re: Bent out for rest of season
« Reply #150 on: March 06, 2012, 12:25:19 AM »
I hope Bent is back and strong next season in a Villa shirt. There are some very valid points above about Gabby, who as much as we love, his ability is often heightened through his ties to the club. Bent scores more, and would score more IMO in the 4-5-1 we started at Blackburn. As long as the wingers were on the right bloomin sides.

I hope the injury is not risked in the Olympics.

Offline Rick_avfc

Re: Bent out for rest of season
« Reply #151 on: March 06, 2012, 04:57:59 PM »
I hope he makes a speedy recovery and ready for pre season.

I've read quite a few villa fans elsewhere and on twitter that villa play better without Bent in the side and with Gabby upfront.  Really?  Did we play well on Saturday against Blackburn with Gabby up front?  Did any one see his shocking miss (that lame header) in the 2nd half to make it 2-0?  Im sorry, people will say he hasn't played for a while and I accept that but that header is standard training ground practice if you ask me.  It was identical to RVP's against Livershite but the other side of the box and RVP buried it without any probs.  Im not comparing the players as you cant because they are on different levels but im comparing the positioning and the distance from goal.  Gabby should have scored end of.  Anyway, sorry for going off topic. Back to Darren Bent.....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal