collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Takeover Rumour  (Read 83521 times)

Offline DerHammer

Takeover Rumour
« on: February 27, 2012, 01:16:35 PM »
Can't see anything else posted on this here yet & not sure how behind the times this is but any news on this or is it Villa Bullshit again?

Offline pig

• GM : 01.04.2016
Re: Takeover Rumour
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 01:26:38 PM »
I can't see anyone taking over Villa in this climate.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 01:28:32 PM »
I don't know based on the apparent competancy displayed by Lerner and Faulkner, I'm sure they could be talked into exchanging the club for some magic beans.

Offline DerHammer

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 01:30:30 PM »
Thanks, so Villa Bullshit it is!!

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 01:38:40 PM »
I dont know. A lot of what I see and hear makes it a possibility and then again maybe not.
There are all sorts of rumours doing the rounds.
I'm not ruling it out or depending on it. Unfortunately, I am hoping for it.

Offline Villanation

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 01:53:50 PM »
Well, very good golfing bud of  mine and one of the lads of the eighties Villa side, still with on going contact with the Villa mentioned to me and I put it on here a couple of months ago that there is an interested party, that party was looking at buying another club in England, it all fell through, they turned to Villa and as far as I know RL isn't opposed to it.

That's all I know, so its not new news unless there has been other developments.

Really Randy Lerner doesn't seem to have the interest anymore, he certainly doesn't seem to have the bottomless pocket to achieve (which is hardly his fault) so if some rich Arab comes in from  Qatar Petroleum and wants Villa, so be it.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 01:55:08 PM »
It is the only way out of another 2 years of McLeish I fear! But in the current climate there is no chance.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 01:55:22 PM »
I think it's mainly wishful thinking.

I like Randy and have never doubted he has the very best interests on the club at heart, but he simply isn't rich enough to sustain his initial levels of investment.  He also wasn't able to capitalise on that honeymoon period to significantly increase our turnover to the point where he didn't need to.  After that you need an absolutely brilliant approach to be able to compete and the top end without a Sugar Daddy, which he again has not demonstrated.

So our only hopes of getting back to where we were is either a takeover or some master plan by Randy he's keeping under wraps at the moment.

Offline Villanation

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 01:58:27 PM »
It is the only way out of another 2 years of McLeish I fear! But in the current climate there is no chance.

If its the kind of interested party like as mentioned "Qatar Petroleum" the guy that head this lot up could buy Villa and it would be like you or me buying a Mars bar, he's one of the richest Arabs out there, for what Villa would go for, he could spend that again rebuilding the squad easily and still not notice it, if that's what you mean by current climate.

Offline Monty

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 02:05:39 PM »
To be honest, I don't particularly want us to become the plaything of some Near-Eastern oil magnate whose wealth is outstripped only by his ego.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 02:06:00 PM »
Yes, to the likes of the Qataris, the climate matters not a jot. In fact, they're thriving.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 02:08:49 PM »
To be honest, I don't particularly want us to become the plaything of some Near-Eastern oil magnate whose wealth is outstripped only by his ego.
I do.
I wants us to be winners.
Man City, Man Utd, Blackburn have all bought it, i'd be happy to do the same.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 02:09:31 PM »

I don't think that sort of takeover means you're necessarily a plaything.  The owners of Man City have just sat back and provided the money.

Offline Monty

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 02:13:00 PM »

I don't think that sort of takeover means you're necessarily a plaything.  The owners of Man City have just sat back and provided the money.

I would say they're the exception, the takeovers of Malaga and PSG, not to mention Chelsea, have so far proved all about the wealthy investors and nothing to do with the fans.

I do.
I wants us to be winners.
Man City, Man Utd, Blackburn have all bought it, i'd be happy to do the same.

That's fine, just for me I don't particularly mind if Villa don't win everything. I support my club for other reasons - as do you, of course (I'm not trying to be the 'better fan' or any shite like that, don't worry) - and I wouldn't really sacrifice feeling close to my club for particular, artificial success. Of course, at the moment we are all totally disconnected, unsuccessful and chronically un-entertaining, so something really has to change.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 02:17:54 PM »
That's fine, just for me I don't particularly mind if Villa don't win everything.

Winning anything would be a nice change really, its been a long time.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal