collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Jacob Ramsey by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 05:46:28 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by villabear
[Today at 04:37:35 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Rory
[Today at 04:07:17 AM]

Re: Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by olaftab
[Today at 02:42:51 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 02:30:08 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by aj2k77
[Today at 02:00:12 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Pete3206
[Today at 01:38:56 AM]

Re: Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Rory
[Today at 01:30:04 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Yet more de-Pression.  (Read 8300 times)

Offline Mazrim

Re: Yet more de-Pression.
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 12:37:37 PM »
Audley Harrison, the titan destined to clean up after having won a gold medal with a broken hand. A lionheart with physique, power and mentality to clean up a very, very average division. Not McLeish.

Audley Harrison, affraid of his own shadow, who gets soundly beaten by poor and average opposition regularly and is critiscised for wasting his resources and being negative in mind and body. McLeish.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 12:38:47 PM »
Excellent article, again.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 12:39:49 PM »
Thanks.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 01:33:47 PM »
Audley Harrison, the titan destined to clean up after having won a gold medal with a broken hand. A lionheart with physique, power and mentality to clean up a very, very average division. Not McLeish.

Audley Harrison, affraid of his own shadow, who gets soundly beaten by poor and average opposition regularly and is critiscised for wasting his resources and being negative in mind and body. McLeish.

I know sod all about boxing but the first statement  to me is analogous to his time at Rangers and the Scottish Premier and maybe to a certain extent his tenure. as the manager of the Scotland team.

I don't want him to go, at least not right now. I'd just prefer the teams he prepares and picks didn't play like a drain.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2012, 01:40:22 PM »
I was of that opinion a few weeks ago but too many sins have been repeated for me to think he's anything other than out of his depth.
A nice guy, but the wrong guy.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2012, 01:45:41 PM »
It is truly the mark of an eternal loser that when the going gets tough, they scuttle back to their comfort zone. And AM has shown more than once that he is all too ready to do that. 

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 01:50:12 PM »
He has the same look he had at Blues in the last 6 months, when according to a friend who sits by the directors, Pannu and Yeung were on the phone to the bench and signalling to him to bring on forwards during games and he was refusing and gesturing back from the bench on a regular basis. The man has waded into the deep, without any thought of what to do if the current gets too strong for him to get back to shore. He is lost, and will never find himself at Villa Park. The kindest solution would be a mutual parting of the ways, but I think both sides have too much pride to admit their mistakes, and ultimately we are the ones who are going to suffer, for a long, sustained period of dire agony.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 01:57:27 PM »
He has the same look he had at Blues in the last 6 months, when according to a friend who sits by the directors, Pannu and Yeung were on the phone to the bench and signalling to him to bring on forwards during games and he was refusing and gesturing back from the bench on a regular basis. The man has waded into the deep, without any thought of what to do if the current gets too strong for him to get back to shore. He is lost, and will never find himself at Villa Park. The kindest solution would be a mutual parting of the ways, but I think both sides have too much pride to admit their mistakes, and ultimately we are the ones who are going to suffer, for a long, sustained period of dire agony.

Sadly very true, Randy's stubborn incompetence is going to be our undoing. I can't think of two characteristics that are more of a nightmare as a combination.

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2012, 02:52:15 PM »
Great Article Dave, I think you have expressed the opinons all of the reasonable minded Villa fans

Offline Klaus Katt

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2012, 06:24:31 PM »
The promising signs here and there are no doubt credit to McLeish, but I don't count Arsenal at home as one of those. It was a stupid, stupid give-away.

Offline tilecross lion

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2012, 07:11:11 AM »
You hit the nail the head.still believe the players dont help the hanager or the club as much as they could.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2012, 09:55:37 AM »
Good work Dave.

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
Albert Einstein

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal