collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Questions to Season Ticket Holders.  (Read 24805 times)

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
Re: Questions to Season Ticket Holders.
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2012, 09:39:09 AM »

We might play better football too. If god forbid we go down then a large reduction maybe 10-20% may be needed to get good crowds. we would ofcourse have a new manager if we were relegated which may improve the gates. Unless it was Chris Houghton ofcourse!! Or Steve Bruce!!!

What's wrong with Chris Hughton ? I'd be more than happy with him

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2012, 09:40:28 AM »
A reference to his current employers, perhaps?

Offline VillaAlways

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2012, 09:44:46 AM »
All the better.They' be livid if we nicked him.Unfortunately I don't think the board would dare even though the majority of Villa supporters would be thrilled to have him because they just don't get it

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2012, 01:03:23 PM »
It is meant to be fun.

If you meet up with your mates before and after the match and go boozing, maybe that bit still us fun.

The football bit in the middle hasn't been fun for a while, though, and is becoming less and less fun.
This is how it is for me these days. A good craic before or after (sometimes before and after), but the middle bit not being enjoyable.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2012, 01:08:08 PM »
It is becoming very tedious being a Villa fan at the moment and going to VP is far from being fun - it is a chore.

I probably will renew, but only if they keep the prices the same.

If they increase by literally 1p it would be the end for me next season after a decade of being a ST holder.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2012, 01:11:55 PM »
I have long since realised that meeting up with friends was the most enjoyable part of going to the football. 

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2012, 01:14:20 PM »
All the better.They' be livid if we nicked him.Unfortunately I don't think the board would dare even though the majority of Villa supporters would be thrilled to have him because they just don't get it

Absolutely. They probably believe the oft-repeated shit in the press that we don't want McLeish as he came from City.

I'd be delighted if we brought in Hughton if we sacked McLeish. I'd not have been disappointed in the summer had he came in. Instead we made the most bizarre, divisive, unimaginative and downright terrible appointment imaginable.

Offline VillaAlways

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2012, 01:20:13 PM »
I have long since realised that meeting up with friends was the most enjoyable part of going to the football. 
My sister,brother in law and nephew don't even have that.For 3 seasons they have been driving all the way over from Shropshire all the home games and driving straight back.My nephew has gone from being a fanatical Villa supporter to now barely bring interested.Suffice it to say those 3 season tickets will not be renewed next season

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2012, 01:23:08 PM »
If it wasn't for meeting up with my variety of acquaintances in The Bartons I would have given up some time ago.

Offline coda

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2012, 01:23:59 PM »
we would ofcourse have a new manager if we were relegated which may improve the gates.
I'm not convinced we would. I can envisage Faulkner saying McLeish is the perfect manager with his experience of the Championship. I think we'll be fine this season although I am worried about next season.

Online nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2012, 01:29:37 PM »
Having been a season ticket holder pretty much for the last 30 years, I'm disappointed they haven't called me up to get some feedback. I would like the opportunity to tell them how painful it is at the moment and that the club are alienating a lot of loyal fans as a result.

I very rarely miss a home game but I've missed the last two, the second being simply because I knew how McLeish would play against Man City and can't stand to watch it.

As things stand me and my family will not be renewing, so that's another three.

Offline Boz

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2012, 01:45:07 PM »
I'm not an ST holder and only get to see a few games in a season, but to me the Board seem to have lost sight of the fact AV are primarily a football club and what happens on the pitch dictates almost everything else that goes on at the club.

All the fluff and other marketing ploys are secondary, as until there's a successful team on the pitch, the fans will not be happy or contemplate spending hard to come by money at the club. Under the existing manager, it's difficult to envisage any real success or an acceptable style of football, so the donward spiral will continue.

Offline VillaAlways

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2012, 01:53:55 PM »
I'm not an ST holder and only get to see a few games in a season, but to me the Board seem to have lost sight of the fact AV are primarily a football club and what happens on the pitch dictates almost everything else that goes on at the club.

All the fluff and other marketing ploys are secondary, as until there's a successful team on the pitch, the fans will not be happy or contemplate spending hard to come by money at the club. Under the existing manager, it's difficult to envisage any real success or an acceptable style of football, so the donward spiral will continue.
This in a nutshell.I get the feeling from the present board that it is the football that is secondary to everything else

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2012, 02:08:11 PM »
I've not had a call yet but i'll always get a ST for as long as i can afford it. I'd also tell them that I can see a lot of people not renewing if Eck is stlll there, which i don't think he will be.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2012, 02:45:46 PM »
I haven't missed a home game for over 20 years and I've got a great ST seat (near front & centre Upper Holte). But I'm finding it hard to muster much enthusiasm these days - with top flight football(ers) in general and McLeish's brand of football in particular. I've stopped going to away games, and if my mates don't renew I probably won't either. It'll be a wrench as I've been going to the Villa on and off since I moved to Birmingham in the '70's, but other than the banter with my mates it's just no fun any more.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal