collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Questions to Season Ticket Holders.  (Read 24777 times)

Offline Desi

Questions to Season Ticket Holders.
« on: February 27, 2012, 05:51:23 AM »
I understand that the club are currently phoning S/T holders asking questions re renewing for next season.

If anyone has had this call, what questions were they asking and were they connected with the current situation?

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
Re: Questions to Season Ticket Holders.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 08:14:44 AM »
what questions were they asking and were they connected with the current situation?

I can only think of two questions they could ask that would be connected with the current situation.

1) Will you renew if Alex Mcleish is still in charge?  YES/NO
2) Will you renew if Randy Lerner continues to be owner but carries on to appear to no longer care? YES/NO

Offline spirit of 82

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 10:06:42 AM »
I have had a call within the last week but as i paid for my season ticket on 4 monthly instaments the questions were related solely to what i thought about the options available and was i likely to do the same for next year.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 10:22:37 AM »
I've had two calls in the last few weeks.

The first one, they asked me a few questions about whether I'd used the benefits you get as a season ticket holder, whether I liked the seat, yada yada yada, then got on to how these benefits would affect whether I renew next year or not, which then led onto if I was likely to renew. I've a feeling this is the real cause of the call.

I told them it was extremely unlikely, and the girl said "is it the manager?", which made me think she'd heard the same thing a fair bit. Conversation went on for another five minutes re why I was unlikely to renew.

Second one, they called last week as I'd paid over 10 months for my ST, asking questions about whether I was happy with the service, whether paying in instalments was a big factor in whether to renew, and whether I'd be likely to use the same method next year, which then got us on to likelihood of renewing.

The second of these calls, was really just about the finance company they'd used, I imagine they were just seeing if people were happy, nothing more.

The first one, though, sounded to me like they're getting worried about likely uptake rate next season. Not necessarily triggered by the obvious factors at play this season, but generally starting to assess where they're likely to be with their sales projections towards renewal time.

Regarding who does and who does not get a call, the only thing I'd say is that maybe they're targetting ST holders who have missed a lot of games this season (for various reasons, I have missed quite a few) as they reckon these are an obvious group who they're at risk of losing next season. I may be totally wide of the mark, though.

Incidentally, I actually had another survey call from them just before Christmas, although my memory of what was said in that one totally fails me.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 10:24:23 AM by pauliewalnuts »

Online Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 10:40:04 AM »
Regarding who does and who does not get a call, the only thing I'd say is that maybe they're targetting ST holders who have missed a lot of games this season (for various reasons, I have missed quite a few) as they reckon these are an obvious group who they're at risk of losing next season. I may be totally wide of the mark, though.

That would make sense as I haven't had a call, but everytime I can't go someone else uses my ticket.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 11:00:39 AM »
I haven't had a call but if as suggested they're targeting absentees that might explain why. Mind you I'm still waiting for my invite to The Holte pub! ;)

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 11:05:35 AM »
I had a call last week.

It was purely to do with the way we paid, which was the 4? Month interest free way.  I was asked if we'd use this service again and I said of course.

Donna was extremely pleasant and did her job well.

Somewhat strange though that I should be called as the finance and all transactions are carried out by jon who hasn't had a call.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 11:47:37 AM »
We had the call a few weeks ago which my husband took

They asked if he would be prepared to renew early it]f he could pay the same price.Also if he was happy with his seat etc

He replied that he was happy with his whole match day experience apart from what was actually happening on the pitch,which to him was far more important than a free cup of tea,free AVTV and a placename on his seat.He said that the club  seemed more concerned about lucrative sponsership deals than our performances and results

Basically if things don't change we would be more likely to go on a match to match basis due to the cheap deals being offered.Let's face it there is going to be absolutely no problem getting seats for any game next season

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 12:11:38 PM »

Somewhat strange though that I should be called as the finance and all transactions are carried out by jon who hasn't had a call.

Even Villa know who's really in charge.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 12:13:28 PM »
I don't think that I've ever been phoned by Villa about anything. I get the automated texts and, whenever I phone the ticket office about away games, they try to flog me extra home tickets. However, I'm pretty sure that I've never had them call me.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 12:41:07 PM »
Not a ST holder so no calls, but I do get regular texts from the club (or Spam as it is usually known) offering cheap ticket deals. Thing is, I can't remember ever giving them my number.

*EDIT* Ah! Got it. Won one of them 188Bet free ticket things when they were going, had to give my number for that. That's probably it.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 01:49:33 PM »
I've had two calls in the last few weeks.

The first one, they asked me a few questions about whether I'd used the benefits you get as a season ticket holder, whether I liked the seat, yada yada yada, then got on to how these benefits would affect whether I renew next year or not, which then led onto if I was likely to renew. I've a feeling this is the real cause of the call.

I told them it was extremely unlikely, and the girl said "is it the manager?", which made me think she'd heard the same thing a fair bit. Conversation went on for another five minutes re why I was unlikely to renew.

Second one, they called last week as I'd paid over 10 months for my ST, asking questions about whether I was happy with the service, whether paying in instalments was a big factor in whether to renew, and whether I'd be likely to use the same method next year, which then got us on to likelihood of renewing.

The second of these calls, was really just about the finance company they'd used, I imagine they were just seeing if people were happy, nothing more.

The first one, though, sounded to me like they're getting worried about likely uptake rate next season. Not necessarily triggered by the obvious factors at play this season, but generally starting to assess where they're likely to be with their sales projections towards renewal time.

Incidentally, I actually had another survey call from them just before Christmas, although my memory of what was said in that one totally fails me.

I'm in that ST holders category of having missed quite a few games, especially in the last 4 months - all I've seen is the Liverpool, Arsenal and Swansea home matches and, you as you know, Villa were abysmal apart from the Arsenal game. I just can't drum up the enthusiasm anymore with current regime. It was very much 50-50 whether I renewed or not last summer. In the end I did, but wish I hadn't. Unless there's a massive change of management and approach there's no chance of me renewing for next season, and in 24 seasons I've only not had a season ticket for the 1999-2000 season. I've found better use of my time and don't really miss it now - never thought I'd say that.....

Offline Damo70

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 04:35:39 PM »
I had a call. They asked me if I had any Premier League experience on Championship Manager and how I had managed the wage bill on those occasions. Also what formation I usually played and if I had ever managed Blues. My answers were - yes, no problems, 4-3-3 attacking and no. Apparently my name as been put on some list for a later date.

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 06:33:14 PM »
I haven't had a call.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 06:35:55 PM »

Somewhat strange though that I should be called as the finance and all transactions
are carried out by jon who hasn't had a call.

Even Villa know who's really in charge.

They have spies everywhere.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal