collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gabby just wants it to end..  (Read 10254 times)

Offline mikeb1982

Re: Gabby just wants it to end..
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 02:02:36 PM »
Expect the same quotes , this time next year . 

Maybe with ' if we do go down , I expect us to come straight back up '

I fear that's exactly what we'll be hearing, when the likes of Wigan and Wolves have gone down, and some strong looking teams probably coming up (West Ham), we'll be right in amongst the bookies favourites to go down. And we'll deserve it if we keep playing like this

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 10:30:15 PM »
'I just want this season to end so I can join Martin O'Neill's Sunderland.'

Offline Jimmy Smash

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 10:33:48 PM »

It would be the end for me if that happened.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 11:11:13 PM »
Hang on a minute Gabby - you're being paid a lot of money to get out there and entertain us, and I've still got six home games to go on the season ticket I bought last summer. So stop moaning and try and at least sound enthusiastic about the run-in. You had the armband on Saturday, that means you are our leader!

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2012, 12:55:32 AM »
Hang on a minute Gabby - you're being paid a lot of money to get out there and entertain us, and I've still got six home games to go on the season ticket I bought last summer. So stop moaning and try and at least sound enthusiastic about the run-in. You had the armband on Saturday, that means you are our leader!

I'm really, really surprised this story didn't continue to develop. Gabby is the heart, soul and anchor of Aston Villa at the moment. This guy just wants it to end?! He's treating it like its a eight hour work day, stuck in a cubicle crunching numbers, and he just wants to make it through the build up to the holiday vacation. If Gabby doesn't want to play than who does?! No one cares more about the club than our CURRENT captain and he just wants to flush the rest of the season away, content that we're odds on for survival. It's horse shit, absolute horse shit in the most defining way.

If he is out on the god damn wing against Blackburn I'm going to throw a rock through my television screen. Player personnel must play their positions, enough with this infatuation with defending, it's nonsense. Let's play ball.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2012, 01:15:29 AM »

I'm really, really surprised this story didn't continue to develop. Gabby is the heart, soul and anchor of Aston Villa at the moment. This guy just wants it to end?! He's treating it like its a eight hour work day, stuck in a cubicle crunching numbers, and he just wants to make it through the build up to the holiday vacation. If Gabby doesn't want to play than who does?! No one cares more about the club than our CURRENT captain and he just wants to flush the rest of the season away, content that we're odds on for survival. It's horse shit, absolute horse shit in the most defining way.

If he is out on the god damn wing against Blackburn I'm going to throw a rock through my television screen. Player personnel must play their positions, enough with this infatuation with defending, it's nonsense. Let's play ball.

Agree a lot with this. I wouldn't mind him on the wing if we were regularly getting 50%+ possession every game - the more one-on-one situations with full-backs we could manufacture the better - but how deep we play basically negates him. Now with Bent out, he absolutely has to lead the line - and if Eck picks Heskey instead and the tactics, set up and, hell, the result is the same I might kick something.

Agree as well with your assessment of the Gabby situation. This sounds to me like a prime example of the negative approach Eck has brought with him - fear-based football, the absolute opposite to what every successful manager tries to instil in his players: positivity, proactivity, encouraging a willingness to take responsibility. Eck does none of this - instead, his joyless, jobsworth approach has players groping desperately at the dream of their summer holidays, when they can get away from doing what most of us would kill to be able to do for a living.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2012, 02:48:23 AM »
Much as I love you, maybe if you scored as few more goals the season might not be quite so shit Gabby? Just a thought as you go through your annual few months goal drought.

And I wonder what the reaction to an article like this would have been if it had been one of Heskey/Warnock/Collins/McLeish etc who had done it.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2012, 06:59:02 AM »
Could well happen the way we are plummeting.

Online nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2012, 07:46:42 AM »
It is dispiriting to hear our longest serving player wishing the season were over with almost a third of the games still to play.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2012, 08:15:06 AM »
bar a transformation at board and management level over the summer, Gabby wont be here next season.

Offline Villanation

« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2012, 01:09:15 PM »
Hang on a minute Gabby - you're being paid a lot of money to get out there and entertain us, and I've still got six home games to go on the season ticket I bought last summer. So stop moaning and try and at least sound enthusiastic about the run-in. You had the armband on Saturday, [size=12pt]that means you are our leader![/size]

Love this, and so it is the case Gabby is Aston Villa, way more so than Lerner or any of the other cronies, and its for that reason why this injury to Bent is a kind of blessing in disguise and i say that wishing Benty all the best with that, fact is Gabby should now lead from the front, that's where he belongs, that's where for yonks he caused lethal damage season after season, thus making some of the top Premiership CB's at that time like Terry and Gallas say that Agbonlahor was a nightmare to play against and I'm sure Vidic would agree with that, I'd bet these players must look at him now (and the club) and say what the phuks happened to him.

Fact is between friggin Houllier and now this bloke McLiesh they have stuck him out in the sticks, he's got slower and less responsive because the pressure on him to deliver has been removed, if he don't put Gabby up front again someone needs to kick the managers teeth in.

The other point about Gabby going at the end of the season, have to say it, if his career is going to be thrown away playing for blokes like McLiesh then let him go, because for me Gabriel Agbonlahor should be leading England out tonight and its a friggin disgrace that Frazier Campbell and Wellbeck get the shout ahead of him, Gabby did his time for U21's and was brilliant for them, had his debut for a full cap v Germany a few season s back and again was brilliant (ref the Terry quote) but then we have to contend with the fact that England don't have any kind of management structure either and haven't done for many years.

Gabby up front and McLiesh out pronto.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 01:11:59 PM by Villanation »

Offline JDPower

« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2012, 01:12:44 PM »
why do we need to wait to the end of the season to rebuild?
correct me if im wrong but cant the silly mistakes be sorted out in training...

the only real changes that happen when the season ends are transfers and we can safely say we will be sitting on the sidelines watching that happen with no involvement anyways

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2012, 01:14:57 PM »
Hang on a minute Gabby - you're being paid a lot of money to get out there and entertain us, and I've still got six home games to go on the season ticket I bought last summer. So stop moaning and try and at least sound enthusiastic about the run-in. You had the armband on Saturday, [size=12pt]that means you are our leader![/size]

Love this, and so it is the case Gabby is Aston Villa, way more so than Lerner or any of the other cronies, and its for that reason why this injury to Bent is a kind of blessing in disguise and i say that wishing Benty all the best with that, fact is Gabby should now lead from the front, that's where he belongs, that's where for yonks he caused lethal damage season after season, thus making some of the top Premiership CB's at that time like Terry and Gallas say that Agbonlahor was a nightmare to play against and I'm sure Vidic would agree with that, I'd bet these players must look at him now (and the club) and say what the phuks happened to him.

Fact is between friggin Houllier and now this bloke McLiesh they have stuck him out in the sticks, he's got slower and less responsive because the pressure on him to deliver has been removed, if he don't put Gabby up front again someone needs to kick the managers teeth in.

The other point about Gabby going at the end of the season, have to say it, if his career is going to be thrown away playing for blokes like McLiesh then let him go, because for me Gabriel Agbonlahor should be leading England out tonight and its a friggin disgrace that Frazier Campbell and Wellbeck get the shout ahead of him, Gabby did his time for U21's and was brilliant for them, had his debut for a full cap v Germany a few season s back and again was brilliant (ref the Terry quote) but then we have to contend with the fact that England don't have any kind of management structure either and haven't done for many years.

Wow, you see a very different gabby to me!

Offline Villanation

« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2012, 01:16:50 PM »

Wow, you see a very different gabby to me!

Which one do you see then

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal