collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is the fans expectations half the problem at Villa?  (Read 26410 times)

Offline Eigentor

• Muppet Hero
Re: Is the fans expectations half the problem at Villa?
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2012, 03:39:50 PM »
Results are poor, but not poor enough to justify sacking McLeish. The combination of poor results, dire football and a complete lack of progress (both with regard to performances and results) make the case stronger.

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2012, 03:42:12 PM »
Of course we are.  But the game isn't played on paper - if it was Man City would have much more than a 2 point lead on the top.

Even the 8 points would but us in 8th place, which I suppose is our optimum position with the squad we have.

I know its not based on paper but with the player we have, we should have picked up a few more points than what we have now.  I still believe had we had a better manager, we wouldnt be 15th but more 8th (maybe thats being a bit too optimistic), 9th or 10th (more realistic) and thinking of pushing for europa league spot not looking over our shoulder at a relegation battle.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2012, 03:45:10 PM »
I know its not based on paper but with the player we have, we should have picked up a few more points than what we have now.  I still believe had we had a better manager, we wouldnt be 15th but more 8th (maybe thats being a bit too optimistic), 9th or 10th (more realistic) and thinking of pushing for europa league spot not looking over our shoulder at a relegation battle.

That I agree with - especially the 9th or 10th bit.

Although I'd say realistically we can look over our shoulder at the relegation scrap, but we're not in it.

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2012, 03:51:04 PM »
I agree we are not in it but I feel we will be dragged into it.  I really hope im proved wrong and eat humble pie but we just dont look like beating anyone at the moment.  Even blackburn fancy their chances against us!

Offline littlevillain

« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2012, 09:45:28 PM »
I think with the younger players we have emerging and a few of the better more experienced ones Given,Bent,Gabby,Ireland we probably should be better placed in the league. A couple of times we've witnessed
whats possible with the right mixture and balance, so for me it's down to selection from the coach and on the players side commitment. Our squad is as strong on paper as over half the teams above us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal