collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fuckwit bemoans poor finishing  (Read 19538 times)

Offline Lee

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/BlackCountryVilla/
  • GM : Jul, 2014
Re: Fuckwit bemoans poor finishing
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2012, 01:13:52 PM »
You are right on the money with that observation ALITA but it also raises the problem touched on in other threads that a substantial number of managers are promoted way above the level merited by their ability on a basis of media sycophancy, the old boy network (particularly those who gave service to Ferguson), personal pull with owners and directors and almost certainly membership of a masonic lodge or its equivalent including the bucket of copulating toads which is television sport.

It is fashionable to have Scottish managers at the moment because there have been trail blazers like the exceptionally talented Moyes and the exceptionally lucky Ferguson.   Good American or Norwegian (tick any box) managers are not so easily sold to the tabloid media who demand pre-chewed football stories for the armchair footie fans.

There are potentially far better managers Liverpool could have chosen from the ranks of their own but fashion and marketability kicked in and they shooed in KKK to their eternal cost. 

There are far too many inferior managers and our own one is as clear a case as you could find of those who have been given very lucrative contracts on the basis of very little proven or even potential talent.

I have no animosity towards Alex McLeish he just should never have been there in the first place.  I wish him no ill and I hope that we win every game from now to the end of the season but it does not change my view that he was the wrong appointment and a disaster just waiting to happen.

Sums up my view totally

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2012, 01:20:06 PM »
There is space dust floating around the galaxy of Andromeda that holds a more realistic assessment of that game of football yesterday.

Offline Boz

« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2012, 02:55:02 PM »
Right now I can't see where our next win will come from. It's such a depressing state of affairs.

I think he's relying on three teams being worse than Villa plus we have an eight point buffer.

It would seem his strategy is hang on to premiership status and hope he can buy a few players in he summer and turn things around. Unfortunately, his record is against him in terms of improving the standard of football to win the fans over. I doubt he'll ever be able to do that.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2012, 03:54:58 PM »
Decent bloke? Just look at how he end up here to prove otherwise.

And he shat on Hibs from a great height when he went to Rangers. Their supporters absolutely despise him and he was quite a good manager for them.

Offline woody4866

« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2012, 04:49:35 PM »
Decent bloke? Just look at how he end up here to prove otherwise.

And he shat on Hibs from a great height when he went to Rangers. Their supporters absolutely despise him and he was quite a good manager for them.
Lets just hope he sh!ts on us for another big club then?

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2012, 07:05:29 PM »
Ferguson got lucky when he needed it.   Lucky big time.   I remember us singing to him Fergie Fergie On The Dole.   You don't need to be lucky all the time just at the right time especially at the start of anything.   After that it is easy to make your own luck especially with a tsunami of money behind you.

Nonsense.

Seconded. For a manager to keep a side in the hunt for trophies season after season over the course of 20 years is not lucky, it's bloody good management.

Not nonsense at all.  Being one kick away from the sack is luck.  Having a Tsunami of money behind him helped him like no other manager of the time allowing ManU to hoover up all the best players that were available allowing momentum for the club.  Time has proved that he's a good maanger holding it all together, no doubt about that. But the point remains, Fergueson got lucky.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2012, 09:57:25 PM »
Ferguson got lucky when he needed it.   Lucky big time.   I remember us singing to him Fergie Fergie On The Dole.   You don't need to be lucky all the time just at the right time especially at the start of anything.   After that it is easy to make your own luck especially with a tsunami of money behind you.

Nonsense.

Seconded. For a manager to keep a side in the hunt for trophies season after season over the course of 20 years is not lucky, it's bloody good management.

Not nonsense at all.  Being one kick away from the sack is luck.  Having a Tsunami of money behind him helped him like no other manager of the time allowing ManU to hoover up all the best players that were available allowing momentum for the club.  Time has proved that he's a good maanger holding it all together, no doubt about that. But the point remains, Fergueson got lucky.

Its a bit of a blanket statement. i dont like taggart but he has come up against the likes of Chelsea man city who have  had more money and he still challenges you have to give it to him

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2012, 10:08:48 PM »
The gene pool of managers is very limited, most of them come over as inarticulate and dim. Most footballers are the same. How many of these guys would in any other profession be given the responsibility that these guys get?

Offline Holtemeister

• Location: Living in Birmingham (just) but definately still a Yam Yam
  • GM : 22.07.2016
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2012, 07:14:50 AM »
Players do not get I,Q boosts on taking on a managerial job..... Just an even bigger ego !

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2012, 08:21:26 AM »
I dont want a nice decent bloke in charge next, I want a bastard. Ron Saunders was a bastard.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2012, 01:17:30 PM »
I dont want a nice decent bloke in charge next, I want a bastard. Ron Saunders was a bastard.

Far from it Andy. As any of his players will tell you, he was a very hard task master but fair with it. He didn't suffer fools and all he ever asked was that his teams performed to the best of their abilities.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal