collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fuckwit bemoans poor finishing  (Read 19539 times)

Offline claret and blue blood

Re: Fuckwit bemoans poor finishing
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2012, 08:23:51 AM »
How many games has Lerner been to this season ? He isn't interested and he owns the club so we are pissing in the wind expecting him to do anything. It's the most frustrating time I can ever remember and my first real memeory goes back to the board must go days in 1969!

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2012, 08:26:20 AM »
I'd really like to know what makes him a nice bloke?

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2012, 08:27:38 AM »
How many games has Lerner been to this season ? He isn't interested and he owns the club so we are pissing in the wind expecting him to do anything. It's the most frustrating time I can ever remember and my first real memeory goes back to the board must go days in 1969!

those were the days we wouldnt stand for this half wit running the club hes got no real interest in the villa any more I would to get him on a phone in.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2012, 08:29:53 AM »
You are right on the money with that observation ALITA but it also raises the problem touched on in other threads that a substantial number of managers are promoted way above the level merited by their ability on a basis of media sycophancy, the old boy network (particularly those who gave service to Ferguson), personal pull with owners and directors and almost certainly membership of a masonic lodge or its equivalent including the bucket of copulating toads which is television sport.

It is fashionable to have Scottish managers at the moment because there have been trail blazers like the exceptionally talented Moyes and the exceptionally lucky Ferguson.   Good American or Norwegian (tick any box) managers are not so easily sold to the tabloid media who demand pre-chewed football stories for the armchair footie fans.

There are potentially far better managers Liverpool could have chosen from the ranks of their own but fashion and marketability kicked in and they shooed in KKK to their eternal cost. 

There are far too many inferior managers and our own one is as clear a case as you could find of those who have been given very lucrative contracts on the basis of very little proven or even potential talent.

I have no animosity towards Alex McLeish he just should never have been there in the first place.  I wish him no ill and I hope that we win every game from now to the end of the season but it does not change my view that he was the wrong appointment and a disaster just waiting to happen.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:32:08 AM by brian green »

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2012, 08:37:44 AM »
Unfortunately, he is no longer a disaster waiting to happen.

Offline Jimmy Smash

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2012, 08:38:06 AM »
I don't think you can just put Ferguson's success down to luck. He's talented. You don't stay in the job he's been in for the length of time he's been in it through luck alone.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2012, 08:59:20 AM »
Decent bloke? Just look at how he end up here to prove otherwise.

Decent bloke yes, decent manager, no!
think you missed my point. The way he handled departing blues was disgraceful as was the behavior of Villa.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2012, 09:20:02 AM »
Don't understand this "He is a decent bloke" input either. He relegated  SHA from a reasonably safe position and than ditched them as soon as some fools came looking for him.
To rub salt in to wounds of their fans he moves across the city.
 No remorse, no loyalty no decency there IMO.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2012, 09:21:31 AM »
Ferguson got lucky when he needed it.   Lucky big time.   I remember us singing to him Fergie Fergie On The Dole.   You don't need to be lucky all the time just at the right time especially at the start of anything.   After that it is easy to make your own luck especially with a tsunami of money behind you.

Offline tarzansbrother

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2012, 09:23:11 AM »
Don't understand this "He is a decent bloke" input either. He relegated  SHA from a reasonably safe position and than ditched them as soon as some fools came looking for him.

Me neither. I would sack him by email, just like he did to his previous club.

Offline eastie

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2012, 09:26:11 AM »

Thats football , if someone offers you a better job with much more money then who wouldnt take it, its a job and im sure most people would take the money and job offer as he did- randy is the fool for offering it in the 1st place- mcleish has been respectful in his comments anout villa and spoken highly of us unlike some previous managers ,but there is no doubt he must go !

Offline Jimmy Smash

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2012, 09:28:21 AM »
Ferguson got lucky when he needed it.   Lucky big time.   I remember us singing to him Fergie Fergie On The Dole.   You don't need to be lucky all the time just at the right time especially at the start of anything.   After that it is easy to make your own luck especially with a tsunami of money behind you.

Nonsense.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2012, 09:33:56 AM »

Nonsense.

Seconded. For a manager to keep a side in the hunt for trophies season after season over the course of 20 years is not lucky, it's bloody good management.

Offline eastie

« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2012, 09:35:00 AM »

Nonsense.

Fergie has been a great manager at aberdeen and utd- anyone suggesting luck is wide of the mark!

Online Karlos96

« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2012, 09:42:43 AM »

Nonsense.

Fergie has been a great manager at aberdeen and utd- anyone suggesting luck is wide of the mark!

I think the point Brian is trying to make is that Fergie did get lucky and it was when he needed it.  If it hadn't been for Mark Robins goal against Forest in the FA Cup Fergie would have been sacked.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal