collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Striker Situation  (Read 20124 times)

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
The Striker Situation
« on: February 25, 2012, 05:01:23 PM »
So, with Bent being stretchered off, Gabby playing as a winger, The Fonz being out on loan, Keano leaving, and Heskey being Heskey, we seem to be a bit short in the forward department.

Personally, I quite fancy giving this Andreas Weimann a go, the OS and Bent have been giving him praises for the last few weeks and if I recall correctly, Bent called him "one of the best natural finishers I've ever seen". If he's able to live up to that I see no problem with giving him a go, but I wonder if there isn't the possibility of recalling Fonz.

Worried ahead of the Blackburn game, not to mention that we're entering March needing points, and we never do well in March. So, who would you have up front?

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
Re: The Striker Situation
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 05:04:28 PM »
Weimann deserves a chance.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 05:10:15 PM »
We'll probably just go a more orthodox 451 with Gabby on his own up front.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 05:11:53 PM »

Agree 100%. Fonz seems to be doing a Luke Moore. Weimann looks like he has real promise but we'll only find out if he gets game time. Unfortunately McCleish is in charge and we all know who he'll play up front

Offline Chipsticks

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 05:19:53 PM »

Agree 100%. Fonz seems to be doing a Luke Moore. Weimann looks like he has real promise but we'll only find out if he gets game time. Unfortunately McCleish is in charge and we all know who he'll play up front

Release the Ivanhoe.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 05:20:03 PM »
I'd go Weimann against Blackburn, they aren't much better than what he faces in the reserves and he's scoring for fun there!

Offline timeoutbigbar

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 05:20:19 PM »
Give Weimann a chance, I'm sick of hearing about the Fonz's potential, he just looks out of his depth most of the time.  Give Andreas a chance and see what happens, at least it'll be more interesting than today.

Offline gervilla

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 05:21:01 PM »

Release the Ivanhoe.

....from his contract.

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 05:22:52 PM »
Don't think that Fonz has had a decent crack of the whip.  But really the club keep hyping the players up on the OS (not the players fault) and they need to be given a chance to deliver.

A Blackburn defence now minus the Samba would be an ideal chance for either Weimann or Fonz.

Offline timeoutbigbar

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 05:26:13 PM »
Don't think that Fonz has had a decent crack of the whip.  But really the club keep hyping the players up on the OS (not the players fault) and they need to be given a chance to deliver.

A Blackburn defence now minus the Samba would be an ideal chance for either Weimann or Fonz.

Remember Luke Moore being bigged up by the media after his hat-trick against Boro.  He was promising but he didn't make it and I think the fonz is going the same way

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 05:30:36 PM »
Frustrating that he's been sent on loan.....to sit on the bench.

I'd of thought we'd not let players go out unless they were guaranteed matches.  Can't see the benefit to him essentially training with Leicester and warming their bench....

Offline Chipsticks

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 05:31:09 PM »

Release the Ivanhoe.

....from his contract.

You've managed to make me smile for the first time today, thanks ;)

Offline tsvet

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 05:48:16 PM »
I'd be curious to see Andreas given a chance, but on the other hand some of Gabby's best games I've watched have been when he was up on his own.

Offline Chipsticks

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2012, 05:55:04 PM »
I'd be curious to see Andreas given a chance, but on the other hand some of Gabby's best games I've watched have been when he was up on his own.

By any chance would it be when we won 2-0 away at the Emirates? He was absolutely superb on that day.

Offline Jimmy Smash

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2012, 06:00:55 PM »
Gabby up front... Ireland behind him... Marc and NZog either side. Weinmann as Gaby's understudy. Nothing disastrous there... in fact it's a class forward line.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal