collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Peter Rippington  (Read 4977 times)

Offline b671

Peter Rippington
« on: February 19, 2012, 11:58:50 PM »
Many of you will of heard the news involving the coach crash in france during the early hours of today,peter rippington or mr ripp as he was known to his pupils was a lifelong villa fan who i had the pleasure of being taught by also my two brothers.My daughter is also presently a pupil at the school,and was in his maths class.
    At least once a season mr rippington would arrange a school trip to a game and i got to meet the european cup winning team during a trip in '82.
   Any pupil who passed through alvechurch middle school will tell you what a inspiration he was both in the classroom and on the sports field with both rugby and football,a person who stopped and asked you how things were when you saw him years after you left the school.A true legend to anyone who knew him.  rest in peace mr Ripp

Offline Flamingo Lane

Re: Peter Rippington
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 08:12:57 AM »
That is such sad news. Our thoughts to those who knew the man, and to all at the school.

Offline Colhint

• GM : 02.12.2016
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 08:45:01 AM »
so very sad. I feel very sorry for his family

Offline nigel

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 09:50:11 AM »
Although I didn't know him, it's always awful to hear when a person held in such high esteem dies in such tragic circumstances.
My thoughts are with his family and colleagues.

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 10:09:59 AM »
Terrible news. I have family in Alvechurch who would no doubt have been taught by him. RIP.

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 10:45:03 AM »
Didn't know him personally, but a number of people I was at secondary school with were taught by him and I know are quite upset by it. RIP

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 11:37:51 AM »
Sad news thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 07:54:36 PM »
Saw the story today.

Sad sad stuff. R.I.P.

Offline solihullblaze

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 01:01:53 AM »
Absolutely heart broken to hear the news. Spent 7 years together at grammar school, played in the same football team.  His dad drove us up to watch the Villa in the mid to late sixties when we really did have a bad board and a poor team. A good mate , a bloody good centre half and great person.  Totally gutted, thoughts are with Sharon.

Online tricky59

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 08:24:33 AM »
Unfortunately, it seems I missed out on knowing Peter.  He was a cousin of mine a few years younger than me, he grew up in Alvechurch and I grew up in Alcester.  In those days with fewer cars the families did not get together so often.  It must be over 50 years since I can remember seeing him.  The tributes to him have been wonderful and I really feel as though I have missed out on someone special.

His dad, 'Jimmy', was also a teacher, full of life and love, us kids loved him.  Also, a top footballer and big Villa fan.  It seems Peter was a chip off the old block.  Love to all.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal