collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Big 'Eck in the USA  (Read 44681 times)

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
Re: Big 'Eck in the USA
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2012, 10:45:20 AM »
Sounds like a good idea to me. NFL is well ahead of just about anybody when it comes to what is currently termed 'Sports Science'. There's much we could learn.

I also like the notion of coaching by function - i.e. a defensive coach, an attacking coach, etc. Although I doubt that's going to figure in any discussions.
The Browns are flying.The only thing he will learn is how to lose.
That would be like teaching your grandmother how to suck eggs ;)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2012, 10:45:28 AM »
I think he's over there for a bollocking personally. They can spin it otherwise.
Or maybe it's just for a game of Golf whilst the Qataris measure the place up.

He'll come back and all the signage will be in Arabic.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2012, 10:48:33 AM »
Im hoping he's going for crisis talks

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2012, 10:48:57 AM »
I'd sincerely hope Alex is going there for a routine fitting of a new arsehole.

Offline godzvilla

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2012, 10:49:40 AM »
My God !...thankyou SteveN'Rose for a note of sanity and composed thinking amongst all the mindless dross that passes for constructive opinion on this topic  ( and many others on these pages ! ) .   Sports Science in the USA ?....go and ask Robbie Keane , David Beckham even JPA about how they have virtually resurected their careers due in to the far superior Fitness standards set in American sport .  I applaud the Villa Management for taking the opportunity of going away to improve themselves and their Club , after all , is,nt that what most ambitious Companies do all the time ? . ....is,nt it ? . ............Godzvilla !

Sounds like a good idea to me. NFL is well ahead of just about anybody when it comes to what is currently termed 'Sports Science'. There's much we could learn.

I also like the notion of coaching by function - i.e. a defensive coach, an attacking coach, etc. Although I doubt that's going to figure in any discussions.

Offline wombat

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2012, 10:55:23 AM »
Indeed function specific coaching would be good. We are hideously lacking in many areas so.... Defence, Passing, Moving to create space and Special Teams (or not conceding from corners as we would call it!) coaching would be an absolutely brilliant idea! Slightly tongue in cheek, but I seriously do wonder what the hell they get up to in training when I watch our lot play!

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2012, 10:55:33 AM »
There are countless reasons to criticise McLeish and Lerner but them seeing if they can learn something new in a free week isn't one of them.

Offline Boz

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2012, 10:58:05 AM »
They might learn something about back room processes, injury treatment etc., but where it really matters, e.g. on the field what benefits will be gained? Sounds more like a jolly to me.

If as it seems, AM is well entrenched with Randy, there's little likelyhood of  removal from his job in the near future.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2012, 10:59:58 AM »
A bit of piss taking isn't going to hurt anybody so if you're offended please wind your neck in.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2012, 11:01:47 AM »
Perhaps some time on the training ground would have been more useful, but hey ho.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2012, 11:02:10 AM »
At the moment whatever he does will be treated with scorn.  I see no harm in this and possibly some benefit from the sports science/fitness elements, so I ain't bothered he's going.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2012, 11:03:08 AM »
There are countless reasons to criticise McLeish and Lerner but them seeing if they can learn something new in a free week isn't one of them.
Yes your right the pair of them should learn to fuck off and walk.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2012, 11:11:10 AM »
So what's exactly the problem here, afterall I don't think the Browns conceded a single goal from a corner last season.

On second thoughts, how about we just spend the time making sure that the next time we have to defend a set piece, the opposition attackers don't have an area the size of Belgium to run into unmarked.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2012, 11:19:30 AM »
I know this may sound ridiculous but considering how we are playing at present any "free week" surely should be spent teaching our morons how to defend set pieces, take set pieces and genrally improve our quality of play

Where are all the players during this meeting for a week?  probably lying on some beach thinking none of this is their fault

I would have the fuckers running up and down the Holte end until they were sick and then when they were tell them anything less for 110% every game this will be the same response!

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2012, 11:25:29 AM »
I'm in Cleveland right now. Maybe I'll bump into him at one of the restaurants here and be able to give him a fucking slap in the head and tell him to sort things out. Coming to the Browns to share ideas is tantamount to attending the world's first ever "Celebration of Underachievement and Failure" Summit.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal