collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Further de-pression  (Read 13301 times)

Offline gervilla

Re: Further de-pression
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2012, 10:03:46 PM »
I take it that you all think Heskey is crap because he used to play for Blues?

Obviously, there could be no other reason, could there ?

Offline villan1975

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2012, 10:12:04 PM »
mental frankly. If AM gets the shove it will be on current managerial performance rather than what he did at SHA, Just like he wasn't appointed for what he did at blose. (I hope!)
Pretty tiring always having to defend your argument by saying firstly "it has nothing to do with the fact he came from SHA".I think to counter any Blues related argument I am putting forward Trevor fucking Francis to be our next manager advocating his first signing being Stephen Fucking Carr.

Offline Californian Villain

• Mustang 68
  • GM : Apr, 2012
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2012, 10:12:27 PM »
I take it that you all think Heskey is crap because he used to play for Blues?

I think he's crap because he is crap!

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2012, 10:23:44 PM »
mental frankly. If AM gets the shove it will be on current managerial performance rather than what he did at SHA, Just like he wasn't appointed for what he did at blose. (I hope!)
Pretty tiring always having to defend your argument by saying firstly "it has nothing to do with the fact he came from SHA".I think to counter any Blues related argument I am putting forward Trevor fucking Francis to be our next manager advocating his first signing being Stephen Fucking Carr.

yep its daft.  Probably 100% on this site didn't want him, but besides concerns about trouble employing an ex-blose manager, the main thing that concerned/concerns us was his ability.  If we were top of the league and playing well no-one would give a shit.

Offline claret and blue blood

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2012, 11:24:39 PM »
while Heskey was injured recently we actually played better (and Collins) .The two prime reasons we hoof it straight back to the opposition.Is it any coincidence that Heskey's arrival on the pitch in the second half at Newcastle has plunged us straight back to the dire crap we have had to suffer most of this season?

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2012, 02:08:10 AM »
while Heskey was injured recently we actually played better (and Collins) .The two prime reasons we hoof it straight back to the opposition.Is it any coincidence that Heskey's arrival on the pitch in the second half at Newcastle has plunged us straight back to the dire crap we have had to suffer most of this season?

Some will argue that when Heskey came on at Toon we improved, but I honestly think it was just the inevitable late match flurry of offense to salvage a point. It was never going to happen. It never it.

We are terrible at set pieces on both sides of the ball. The defense is worse than ever. The offense is non-existent and not even worth mentioning. And the supporters are bitter and anxious to get this season over with.

How can Alex McLeish make any of these issues better?

Simple, he can't.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 02:14:01 AM by villadelph »

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2012, 11:27:10 AM »
Some will argue that when Heskey came on at Toon we improved, but I honestly think it was just the inevitable late match flurry of offense to salvage a point. It was never going to happen. It never it.

We improved before they scored after he came on the pitch. But it was the introduction of GG for Clark that meant we took the game to them right at the end.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2012, 04:10:16 PM »
the bit where Dave says that Mcliesh doesnt help himself with his team selections is spot on,
 in fact as DW says he seems to go out of his way to do the very things that will bring even more criticism on himself, and thats something i really dont understand.

he know's how he is percieved, not just at VP but generally by football supporters, even those who are ready to support him must at times be pulling there hair out with some of the tactics and subs,

I agree with your agreement on what I wrote. I honestly thought he was learning, the team were improving and we might all start pulling together. Arsenal & Newcastle - setbacks but the former are better than us and the latter are on a roll. QPR - on another night we'd have got double figures. Then came that team selection.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2012, 11:15:49 AM »
Will you use my piece in the next issue Dave? I did wonder whether it will be current enough by then.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2012, 07:17:11 PM »
Heskey was used as a defensive wide midfielder and to get on the end of Givens kicks, that was the extent of the AM "Excellent Game Plan"

The article pretty much covered it for me.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal