collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Relegation Possibility  (Read 291688 times)

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
Relegation Possibility
« on: February 12, 2012, 07:43:20 PM »
We are 7 from the drop zone. But have some truly tough fixtures ahead, with the most crucial 2 surely our next 2 away at Blackburn and Wigan.

So - how many points do you give us, and how many do you think will be needed to keep us safe. I think we will get 37.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/predictor/default.stm

Wigan
Blackburn
Fulham (h)
Bolton (h)
Arsenal
Chelsea (h)
Liverpool
Stoke (h)
Man U
Sunderland (h)
West Brom
Spurs (h)
Norwich

I think tough due to our appalling home form. We need 7 from the next 4 IMO to ensure we survive. Then cobble another 4-5 points together. Over to you guys, where do you think we will end up.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

Re: Relegation Possibility
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 07:46:35 PM »
Fucks sake. Does this have to come up all the time?

Are we better than Bolton? Yes. Are we better than Wolves? Yes. Are we better than Wigan? Yes. Are we better than QPR? Yes. Are we better than Blackburn? Yes.

Are we going to get relegated? No. Is it a possibility? No, because there are at least five teams more shit than us.

Offline Compass

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 07:48:36 PM »
Like I said in the other thread, I don't think relegation would be that bad. There are some positives (if people give McLeish some positives, then anything is possible). We need a major revamp and I think dropping down would be a massive wakeup call to the smug board at least.

I don't want us to get relegated, but I'm at the stage where I'm not even enjoying our football and I'm actually ashamed to be a Villa fan, so I'm not going to feel any different if we drop down at this stage.

If he can't win any of the next 4, expect us to drop and we deserve to be relegated because we've been a disgrace to the game and its all down to the manager.

Offline AvFc4eVeR

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 07:48:45 PM »

Are we better than Bolton? Yes. Are we better than Wolves? Yes. Are we better than Wigan? Yes. Are we better than QPR? Yes. Are we better than Blackburn? Yes.

Are we going to get relegated? No. Is it a possibility? No, because there are at least five teams more shit than us.

Which is exactly what the blose fans were saying at this point last season.....

Offline Aston Manor

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 07:49:03 PM »
15th

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 07:50:18 PM »

It doesn't matter if we're "better". It's about results. We're probably better than a lot of teams above us, but as long as we keep aiming for draws and losing at home there's no reason we can't be dragged down. We are literally in the same exact position as Bloos last year.

Offline Summers

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 07:50:49 PM »
Leeds, West Ham and Newcastle both thought they were too good.

No one with six wins in 25 is too good.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 07:53:46 PM by Summers »

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 07:52:04 PM »

Being less shit than other clubs is no guarantee of survival. Determination, team spirit, good motivation and management are as important.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 07:54:01 PM »
We have appointed a manager with a very good record in this area, let's not forget that.

Which I think was the reason behind the unrest during the summer.

Offline luke25

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 07:54:28 PM »
The problem is, we need to pick up as many points as possible in the next 4 games because if we come out of those games with say only a 5/6 point gap from the bottom 3 then he's going to be bricking it and revert to type by playing negatively in the other games for the fear of losing, were in deep shit I feel and it was so unavoidable.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 07:57:43 PM »
This why I said on the should AM be sacked thread, he has 4 games. Take 5 points or less from them and he's making it very hard to say anything other than go. Take 9+ and we are safe/almost safe with 9 matches to go. Which is exactly what he was employed to do this season.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 07:58:00 PM »
Can I just point out, after 25 games last season, Blues had 30 points. We have 28. With a better squad. Shit is not the word for the job he is doing. If they can drop from 30 at this point last season, we can from 28.

Offline gervilla

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 07:58:18 PM »
Of course it is a possibility , just as it was last season.
We got away with it then, we may not this time.

Offline Compass

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2012, 08:01:00 PM »
What would people choose:

Premier League with overpaid talentless arseholes like Warnock picking up more in a week than the vast majority of you would earn in a year and McLeish's anti football rubbish with Heskey being played ahead of Ireland and N'Zogbia or....

Championship with upcoming kids who actually play for the shirt and having an attack minded manager on board such as Kev Mac or Sid who knows how to use them effectively?

If we went down, I would buy a season ticket if it meant the latter. There's no value at Villa Park anymore. We haven't won a match since bonfire night. I don't come to watch other Premier League clubs play well or their flashy millionaires. I come to watch us play well and sometimes with McLeish's tactics we look like a League 1 outfit at best. He's holding us back and I don't want to endure this for 2 more years.

We also look behind the years. We need a new system where we keep hold of the ball like Swansea. I think we really need to aim for high posession in future. It may take a while to address but I think it would be worth it in the long run. We'll never get that under McLeish.

Online dr.chekov

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 08:03:25 PM »
I don't want us to get relegated, but I'm at the stage where I'm not even enjoying our football and I'm actually ashamed to be a Villa fan, so I'm not going to feel any different if we drop down at this stage.

See I don’t get this… what are you ashamed of?

I think it must be pretty shameful being a Liverpool fan at the moment.

But being ashamed of your team because they’re not playing very well seems utterly ridiculous.

If I were ashamed every time Villa played crap I’d have spent half my lifetime being ashamed.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal