collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: AVFC statement - McLeish sacked.  (Read 1735693 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Should AM be sacked ?
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2012, 06:04:05 PM »
I still want to see what it will be like after this summer. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt by shipping out certain players and bringing in others. But he is making it almost impossible for people to support him if he keeps setting us up like that. It is impossible to watch, impossible to defend as a strategy.

Online Rodders

• GM : 30.08.2024
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2012, 06:04:35 PM »
At least we're not the Dingles.

In fact; if RAL were to chuck AM* overboard would we end up with Mick McCarthy?

* RAL AM = ALARM. Over to Suzy in dictionary corner.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2012, 06:04:49 PM »
No fan who's proud of their club should want him a second longer, especially after tonight. 15th in the league, anti football bollocks where we had 3% possession at the final third at HOME and if he drags us into a relegation battle we can kiss goodbye to the Premier League because he's known to going down with no fight.

Sack him and have a caretaker guy for the rest of the season who's looking for a win instead of damage limitation.
I'd rather have him as manager than listen to harp on all day.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2012, 06:04:57 PM »
Who would we realistically get in?

This is precisely the problem, if anyone can come up with a decent and unemployed manager who we can get in I'd love to hear them. And before anyone gets over excited Capello's not coming to B6.

...I hear Mick McCarthy's job is in jeopardy if anybody fancies McLeish version 2.0

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2012, 06:05:20 PM »
Who would we realistically get in?

Paul Lambert

There is no way he will leave Norwich in 8th for our rabble in the middle of the season. No chance at all. Maybe at the end of the season but definitely not now. It's more likely to be Steve Bruce or Neil Warnock.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2012, 06:05:59 PM »
I'm sorry but there are bound to plenty of options who can't possibly to worse with the players available.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2012, 06:06:20 PM »
I still want to see what it will be like after this summer. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt by shipping out certain players and bringing in others. But he is making it almost impossible for people to support him if he keeps setting us up like that. It is impossible to watch, impossible to defend as a strategy.

He's learned nothing so far this season, and most worryingly he's learned absolutely nothing from last season either.

I don't give a shit about him being ex Blues, but I most certainly do give a shit about him having us play like he had Blues play last season.

It's just beyond belief. He has a few matches where he starts to suggest he can get something going for us, then he reverts to type with embarassing results.

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2012, 06:06:49 PM »
We've sunk so far that there no longer seems a suitable alternative to Big Eck?

Ecking hell.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2012, 06:07:16 PM »

He's learned nothing so far this season, and most worryingly he's learned absolutely nothing from last season either.

I don't give a shit about him being ex Blues, but I most certainly do give a shit about him having us play like he had Blues play last season.

It's just beyond belief. He has a few matches where he starts to suggest he can get something going for us, then he reverts to type with embarassing results.

Which is why he has to go now.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2012, 06:08:20 PM »
No fan who's proud of their club should want him a second longer, especially after tonight. 15th in the league, anti football bollocks where we had 3% possession at the final third at HOME and if he drags us into a relegation battle we can kiss goodbye to the Premier League because he's known to going down with no fight.

Sack him and have a caretaker guy for the rest of the season who's looking for a win instead of damage limitation.

Whilst I agree with you on the manager, you need to change that "you're not a real fan if you support McLeish" nonsense really quickly, because it pisses everybody off.

It really does.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2012, 06:08:47 PM »

As much as a fair chunk of the blame lies on Big Eck's shoulders, you have to remember we were playing what must be considered as possibly the best team in the country. In fairness, it's comments from fans with mindsets similar to yours that may have forced him to play such defensive football today, if he'd gone full throttle we probably would've been whipped at least 3 or 4-0, leading to even more hatred and abuse thrown his way.

Also, cut this "you're not a real fan if you support McLeish" crap out, who the fuck are you to label fellow Villa fans with just as much passion for the club as you as not a real fan, just for having an alternative opinion to yours?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 06:10:43 PM by Chipsticks »

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2012, 06:08:59 PM »
There is no reason we can't go down.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2012, 06:09:50 PM »
The lack of ambition to attack and go forward, as shown in today's game, sickens me. We've made our bed (rather Randy has) so we'll have to lie in it.  Sacking the manager at this point won't help us, I feel. 

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2012, 06:09:53 PM »

What it comes down to is that for the first time since his arrival I am really torn on how I feel about him.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2012, 06:10:06 PM »

As much as a fair chunk of the blame lies on Big Eck's shoulders, you have to remember we were playing what must be considered as possibly the best team in the country. In fairness, it's comments from fans with mindsets similar to yours that may have forced him to play such defensive football today, if he'd gone full throttle we probably would've been whipped at least 3 or 4-0, leading to even more hatred and abuse thrown his way.

Can't win with you lot.

Sorry, but I really couldn't disagree more with that.

if we'd had a go, there would be miles less stick than there is now, as was proven against Arsenal.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal