collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Randy misses his Deloitte target  (Read 11868 times)

Offline MarkM

Re: Randy misses his Deloitte target
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2012, 09:06:32 AM »
If you were looking at a sucess or failure of a strategy, then ours as of late would be...

Get into the Champions League - Failed
Win a Trophy - Failed
Remain in the Top Six - more than likely failed
Be in the Deloitte top 20 list [as per letter to ST holders] - Failed
Maintain attendance levels - Failed

Looking objectively its hard not to be dissapointed in the way things have gone

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2012, 09:08:22 AM »
It was always slightly bizarre to state this as a goal and then do as much as humanly possible to stifle the flow of income by pissing off the paying customers.   

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2012, 09:33:22 AM »
Its not unconnected. His appointment has led to fewer people coming through the gates and revenue dropping. If we're going to point the finger though I think Faulkner is a better target, being on this list was more important to him than anything else seemingly.

Do you really think it's had any 'significant' impact? I think crowds would have been down this season whoever got the job due to selling of players and the wider recession, I think it's difficult to make a case for placing much of it at the door of McLeish.

I did say 'his appointment' so yes I think its going to have a significant impact on the figures for this year. It marked the end of a period where we perhaps expected to compete at the top table, was deeply unpopular, and still is.

Pals have struggling to give STs away this year because of the kind of football we are perceived to play, accurately but for a few exceptions recently. People are less likely to watch now, how can it not have an impact on revenue?

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2012, 09:39:26 AM »
PW, I think we'd have had a similar season and similar crowds whoever had been appointed. I'm not suggesting it hasn't had any impact but selling players without replacing them has been more of a factor.

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2012, 09:44:33 AM »
So will PF get the 'tick tack' for failure?

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2012, 09:53:17 AM »
Actually, with profits from player sales and dramatically increased commercial income from the Genting and Macron deals I expect the next year or two turnover figures to be a lot better.

Offline cdward

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2012, 10:11:24 AM »
 Call yourselves Villa fans, real fans would get behind the chairman at this crucial stage and start spending more money at the Villa, I think we should all pay double ticket prices, and dress the whole family in head to toe Macron from now on, until we get ourselves back into that top 20. Fickle? We will show Randy what good fans we are, can we set up a collection?

Offline The Villa Werewolf

• GM : 13.07.2015
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2012, 10:29:04 AM »
Does that mean McLeish can be sacked now?

Can't really blame McLeish for this
It was a joke.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2012, 10:51:57 AM »
It was always slightly bizarre to state this as a goal and then do as much as humanly possible to stifle the flow of income by pissing off the paying customers.   

Absolutely.  And not just pissing off paying customers.  The whole operation of the club has been down-sized since stating the target of getting in the top twenty. I'm not a drama queen (!) but I genuinely would like to hear PF's reaction to this missed target - and more to the point, I'd love to know how he thought we would achieve it whilst making so many cut backs. 

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2012, 11:02:19 AM »
We got 20th on the figures from the season we had two great cup runs and were in contention for fourth place until the penultimate weekend of the season, so it's no surprise we dropped out on the figures for Houllier's season. What was the turnover? Did it drop much from the £90m?

Offline Rico

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2012, 11:10:25 AM »
Oh dear. Not doing very well is he? Five year plan - failed! Top twenty - failed! Appoint the least popular manager in living memory! (been successful in that if that was actually his goal).
Must do better!

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2012, 11:27:36 AM »
I don't think he's anywhere near as disliked as DOL was in his last season. And I'd say Houllier after the Anfield thing was more disliked too.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2012, 11:42:08 AM »
Actually, with profits from player sales and dramatically increased commercial income from the Genting and Macron deals I expect the next year or two turnover figures to be a lot better.

Fair point, but profits from player sales will depend on how the players concerned were valued in the books.  If they were valued at purchase price and depreciated, then the profit could be quite significant.  If they had been revalued to reflect actual market value, not so much.  It also depends on how they define turnover, normally income from "normal business activities".  Depends on whether transfer dealings are considered normal business activities, but sales of assets would not normally fall within that definition.  Risso is probably the man to ask, or I suppose we could always consult VillaDawg (runs for cover).

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2012, 12:03:20 PM »
Any new figures on turnover?

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2012, 12:11:23 PM »
I don't think he's anywhere near as disliked as DOL was in his last season. And I'd say Houllier after the Anfield thing was more disliked too.

Maybe it depends where you sit.  He's more disliked than either of them in the Lower Holte where I sit.  *shrug*

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal