collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Randy misses his Deloitte target  (Read 11867 times)

Online Rotterdam 82

Randy misses his Deloitte target
« on: February 09, 2012, 02:03:14 AM »
Real Madrid's revenues of 480m euros (£401m) topped the Deloitte league table of the world's richest football clubs for the seventh straight year.

Deloitte's Football Money League, based on data for season 2010/11, says Real will match Manchester United's eight-year record if they stay top next year.

Real's arch-rivals Barcelona remained in second place, ahead of Manchester United, who stayed third.

Bayern Munich, Arsenal and Chelsea are fifth, sixth and seventh respectively.
Unchanged at top

The top seven clubs stayed in exactly the same positions as in the previous year.
Continue reading the main story
FOOTBALL FACTS

Aston Villa fell out of the league entirely, failing to hold on to their 20th position and leaving English clubs holding six places out of the top 20.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16951878

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
Re: Randy misses his Deloitte target
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 02:05:45 AM »
No surprise.

Offline The Villa Werewolf

• GM : 13.07.2015
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 07:14:17 AM »
Does that mean McLeish can be sacked now?

Offline MarkM

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 07:24:05 AM »
Does that mean McLeish can be sacked now?

Can't really blame McLeish for this

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 07:34:28 AM »
Its not unconnected. His appointment has led to fewer people coming through the gates and revenue dropping. If we're going to point the finger though I think Faulkner is a better target, being on this list was more important to him than anything else seemingly.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 08:11:17 AM »
Its not unconnected. His appointment has led to fewer people coming through the gates and revenue dropping. If we're going to point the finger though I think Faulkner is a better target, being on this list was more important to him than anything else seemingly.

Do you really think it's had any 'significant' impact? I think crowds would have been down this season whoever got the job due to selling of players and the wider recession, I think it's difficult to make a case for placing much of it at the door of McLeish.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 08:13:30 AM »

Do you really think it's had any 'significant' impact? I think crowds would have been down this season whoever got the job due to selling of players and the wider recession, I think it's difficult to make a case for placing much of it at the door of McLeish.

It's definatley played it's part though, although i think we'll see a clearer indication on next season's ST Sales.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 08:15:38 AM »
I've no real interest in this money league thing. We're a football club not a bank. However, looking at Chelsea, historically a medium sized and largely unremarkable club rake in that sort of money after years of investment is quite telling.

There would be no reason to assume we ourselves could not get to similar heights. All we need is hundreds of millions of pounds and sustained success...

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 08:16:07 AM »
That top twenty was never a real target anyway. It was something we happened to have achieved and was retrospectively stated as a target to demonstrate how competent we are from a business perspective.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 08:22:15 AM »

It's based on 2010/2011 before McLeish was appointed.

Offline rjp

• aka Rob
  • GM : 07.05.2024
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 08:36:05 AM »
It's a bit premature.  This could all change when small heath finally post their accounts :)

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2012, 08:38:57 AM »
Oh no Randy's plans out the window were not in the top 20!

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2012, 08:43:12 AM »
Oops.

Offline Holte132

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2012, 08:52:52 AM »
It's based on 2010/2011 before McLeish was appointed.
[/quote]

Yes, but let's not let facts get in the way of another excuse to bash McCleish. ;-)

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2012, 08:57:05 AM »

Supposedly our gate revenue is down by £1.5 Million this season, which will likely become £3 Million by the end of the season, and you have to admit that it's a sizable amount.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal