collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Protest? Not in my name...the football match is the main event  (Read 78916 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Protest? Not in my name...the football match is the main event
« Reply #330 on: February 12, 2012, 11:07:41 PM »
Only when you are stood near Legion.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #331 on: February 13, 2012, 12:03:09 AM »

In regards to the current manager, 1. The club 'targeted him' when they still had time to look at other candidates, and 2. His PL pedigree is one of struggle and relegation.

Also, the manager has also fallen out with several players (the biggest criticism of Houllier), including ones he signed only this season.
What evidence have you got of that?
McLeish may have bollocked a few players. That is part of a manager's job.
O'Neill signed them, fell out with them and didn't play them. That is a waste of club assets.
What is your hidden meaning about McLeish falling out with players all about?

What evidence? Well N'zogbia has resorted to expressing his utter frustration on Twitter, and the manager has resorted to criticising him and Ireland in the press. Don't really see that being all hands rowing together on a happy ship, but I may be wrong.

So that's two. Where are the several that you mentioned?

Well Bent criticised the style of play openly in September, and went on his shopping trip in December during a game. Doesn't smack of having absolute respect for the manager.

Oh well in that case Rooney and Gibson got pissed before training in December. They obviously hate Ferguson and he's a shit manager. As for Mancini at City, with the behaviour of Balotelli and Tevez, well... The next England manager, Mr Redknapp - ask Pavyluchenko, Bent or Krancjar about him. All have had public issues with him.

Every manager has players who act up. It doesn't mean they've lost the dressing room, it means that most pro-footballers nowadays are tits.

There are far better reasons to criticse McLeish without having to make stuff up.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #332 on: February 13, 2012, 08:31:27 AM »
Up to 70!

I'd say half that many were protesting. There were far more just milling around watching the event or, in the case of me, Leeg and Mr Shin, trying not to get run over by a police van.

What is it with this police van run over?  Was it deliberate or what?

Just a very poor attempt at a three-point-turn that, at one point, was heading directly for the three of us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal