collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Protest? Not in my name...the football match is the main event  (Read 78837 times)

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
Re: Protest? Not in my name...
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2012, 09:54:21 PM »
Does anyone want to join the protest about the lack of Pies!  Since Randy gave everyone a free Pie, the Pie supplies have been sadly lacking, makes you want to throw away your Season Ticket.

Whatever next.
 If you were a true fan you would agree that this sort of irresponsible behaviour from our chairman is not good for good football, Villa sold two players for more that £30Million and all we got was a free Pie

I'm off to find a bed sheet to paint!, I need to get a Facebook account whatever that is and start a order more  Pies campaign! please join me and all the other protestors and 21;00 down near the chip shop, we'll show them, this is no way to treat us! we'll stand out in the cold and then Talk Sport will make us famous!
I'd love to join your protest Hampshire but as a veggie I don't know if I qualify.
Could I start a splinter protest group about the lack of Veggie pies?
We'd be small but perfectly formed with brocolli in our beards!

you're in! We are an equal rights protest group! veggies Vegans, lactose intolerance etc etc one for all and all for one!

by the way I have already formed another protest group to protest about the lack of black coffee at the Villa! We're all going to meet at the King Edwards Car Park, at 22-00 we don't care how long it takes, we'll get them to sit up and take notice of us, REAL TRUE Supporters, only real true supporters feel like this! We'll boycott the white coffee sales, just watch those tills fall silent!
I'm definitely in for the lack of black coffee protest. Hate milk! The coffee's a bit shit anyway, with milk, disgusting. I promise to buy so much black coffee and veggie pies that we'll be able to afford a new defence, we'll win the Prem, the Champions League and conquer the world!
Now that's a protest!!

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2012, 10:00:54 PM »
We're already fragmenting, can the pie and coffee people not come together and campaign for milk free pastry or something?

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2012, 10:02:08 PM »
It's called lazy journalism rutski.   They write that he came from Small Heath and we all hate him for that reason.

All the armchair thickos who take in their sport between bites of pizza can relate to that.

It does not have to be the truth or anything approaching the truth just predigested tabloid slop to feed the uninformed masses.

Just look at the recent story of Tommy Mooney having to go to youth matches in disguise because he played for them. Forgetting that he came from us originally and never played a game against us, let alone scored when there. But unfortunately there will be thickos out there who now realise he did play for them and will probably make the story come true.

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2012, 10:03:47 PM »
We're already fragmenting, can the pie and coffee people not come together and campaign for milk free pastry or something?

Very good.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2012, 10:05:54 PM »
Black coffee pies?
Yummy!;-)

Offline nickataylor2000

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2012, 10:08:39 PM »
The only protest i would make is for LERNER OUT. Nobody wanted McLeish because of his failure record, but he has been given no money and has to work with the worst back four in the Premier League. Lerner appointed McLeish and should have backed him in the transfer market to get the over paid, beer swilling undisciplined bunch out of the club.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2012, 10:09:59 PM »
Most people I know didn't/don't want mcleish, come on here every day and on match days and everyone is moaning about team selection tactics, subs. So why is everyone against this protest?

Are we saying now we want him?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2012, 10:10:29 PM »
The only protest i would make is for LERNER OUT.

And in his place?

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2012, 10:33:30 PM »
As I said on the other thread re the protest:
"I was quite impressed with McLeish's demeanour on Sunday: he was engaged, passionate and prepared to have a go at players that did not play to his script. And, by and large, the team played okay (defensive idiocy aside).
Yes, his substitutions have been suspect at times and he has seemed to stumble across the value of playing Herd and then Clark alongside Petrov as the midfield. His biggest problem was that he prioritised buying N'Zog over a couple of decent centre backs in the close-season.

The point is, we have McL at the moment: why shoot his legs away at tihis crucial time in the season when the
chairman is unlikely to get rid?"

Offline TaxDodger

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2012, 10:34:57 PM »
Lerner out? Yeh, how dare he invest hundreds of millions of pounds in our football club in the hope of bringing it success.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2012, 10:48:15 PM »
Lerner out? Yeh, how dare he invest hundreds of millions of pounds in our football club in the hope of bringing it success.

It's that utterly witless "he's spent lots of money so he must be alright" argument that makes me despair.  Most of the money wasted has been lent to us, and we have to pay it back, somehow.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2012, 10:55:46 PM »

It's that utterly witless "he's spent lots of money so he must be alright" argument that makes me despair.  Most of the money wasted has been lent to us, and we have to pay it back, somehow.

But he did'nt have to buy us, he did because he wanted to. He has'nt got a bottomless pit of money and that goes for the majority of club chairmen in the Premiership. Why should Randy be any different?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2012, 10:58:53 PM »
As the main criteria for any potential replacement seems to be "One of them Arabs what will spend zillions" then the argument that Randy has invested so much would seem to be a lot more than witless. Let's see how, and if, it has to be paid back before casting judgement.

Offline Risso

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2012, 11:00:15 PM »

But he did'nt have to buy us, he did because he wanted to. He has'nt got a bottomless pit of money and that goes for the majority of club chairmen in the Premiership. Why should Randy be any different?

Then he really should have appointed a manager who he could have had a sensible working relationship with, instead of one who wasted tens of millions on shit players.  We will never again be a force while Lerner is in charge, so he needs to sell up asap.  He's proved that he's hopeless at running both a NFL team and a English Premier League team.  We either need someone with more money, or more business acumen than Lerner.  Seriously, the bloke hasn't got a clue.

Offline Risso

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2012, 11:01:44 PM »
As the main criteria for any potential replacement seems to be "One of them Arabs what will spend zillions" then the argument that Randy has invested so much would seem to be a lot more than witless. Let's see how, and if, it has to be paid back before casting judgement.

Another crap argument.  There's only one team in the Premier League owned by ultra-ruch Arabs.  And the loans do have to be paid back, it says so in the audited accounts.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal