collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Protest? Not in my name...the football match is the main event  (Read 78890 times)

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
Re: Protest? Not in my name...
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 08:15:08 PM »
I will take action that is positive to help the Villa - protests are just negative "I don't like this/that/t'other".

I would turn up to repaint the stands, clear the car parks, mow the bloody turf whatever; anything constructive happening?

I love This, That and T'Other, 3 excellent beers brewed by the Teme Valley Brewery!
I'm with you WW. I'll do anything for my club: wash the shirts, clean the boots, scrub the bogs.
But I won't protest until I feel all is lost.
I'll be cheering my team on on Sunday and hoping that AM is discussing a great win over the opposition on the radio while on my way down to Devon for my holiday delayed by a day so I can watch the Villa!
UTV!

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 08:21:09 PM »
To be honest I don't know why Pauline decided to organise this protest. I bet DC5 isn't too happy!

Hehe, I did clarify my post the other day and now I make another post that sounds like I'm part of it. D'oh

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 08:26:38 PM »
To be honest I don't know why Pauline decided to organise this protest. I bet DC5 isn't too happy!

Hehe, I did clarify my post the other day and now I make another post that sounds like I'm part of it. D'oh

Keep digging.

Offline Hampshire Villa

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 08:41:49 PM »
Does anyone want to join the protest about the lack of Pies!  Since Randy gave everyone a free Pie, the Pie supplies have been sadly lacking, makes you want to throw away your Season Ticket.

Whatever next.
 If you were a true fan you would agree that this sort of irresponsible behaviour from our chairman is not good for good football, Villa sold two players for more that £30Million and all we got was a free Pie

I'm off to find a bed sheet to paint!, I need to get a Facebook account whatever that is and start a order more  Pies campaign! please join me and all the other protestors and 21;00 down near the chip shop, we'll show them, this is no way to treat us! we'll stand out in the cold and then Talk Sport will make us famous!

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 08:49:35 PM »
Does anyone want to join the protest about the lack of Pies!  Since Randy gave everyone a free Pie, the Pie supplies have been sadly lacking, makes you want to throw away your Season Ticket.

Whatever next.
 If you were a true fan you would agree that this sort of irresponsible behaviour from our chairman is not good for good football, Villa sold two players for more that £30Million and all we got was a free Pie

I'm off to find a bed sheet to paint!, I need to get a Facebook account whatever that is and start a order more  Pies campaign! please join me and all the other protestors and 21;00 down near the chip shop, we'll show them, this is no way to treat us! we'll stand out in the cold and then Talk Sport will make us famous!
I'd love to join your protest Hampshire but as a veggie I don't know if I qualify.
Could I start a splinter protest group about the lack of Veggie pies?
We'd be small but perfectly formed with brocolli in our beards!

Offline Hampshire Villa

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2012, 08:59:56 PM »

Whatever next.

I'd love to join your protest Hampshire but as a veggie I don't know if I qualify.
Could I start a splinter protest group about the lack of Veggie pies?
We'd be small but perfectly formed with brocolli in our beards!

you're in! We are an equal rights protest group! veggies Vegans, lactose intolerance etc etc one for all and all for one!

by the way I have already formed another protest group to protest about the lack of black coffee at the Villa! We're all going to meet at the King Edwards Car Park, at 22-00 we don't care how long it takes, we'll get them to sit up and take notice of us, REAL TRUE Supporters, only real true supporters feel like this! We'll boycott the white coffee sales, just watch those tills fall silent!

Offline Villanation

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2012, 09:03:41 PM »
Short of McLiesh getting us into the top 6 this was always going to happen, tell you what, Alex McLeish has been expecting it for some time IMO, my point would be there should be a line drawn in the sand, for me that line is 15th place, once we hit that then we are fighting relegation and then I can fully understand people getting pissed of.

Put another way, we beat Man City at the weekend these people are going to look just a tad stupid.

Offline rutski

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2012, 09:04:18 PM »
these people really are an ambarrasment to our club! why are the press taking hold of this? what is different from the previous 20 protests this season?

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2012, 09:10:53 PM »
Hopefully the news tonight will dominate the sports pages for the next few days and save us from further embarrassment.

Offline Villanation

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2012, 09:13:59 PM »
Hopefully the news tonight will dominate the sports pages for the next few days and save us from further embarrassment.

I don't think that is anything to worry about, anything that happens at Villa park will take up about 3 sentence's and 30 sec's on Sky Sports News.

Example:

Sky Sports News...................Breaking News..........................Protest today at Villa park......job done.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2012, 09:15:58 PM »
It's called lazy journalism rutski.   They write that he came from Small Heath and we all hate him for that reason.

All the armchair thickos who take in their sport between bites of pizza can relate to that.

It does not have to be the truth or anything approaching the truth just predigested tabloid slop to feed the uninformed masses.

Offline Archie

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2012, 09:19:00 PM »
I totally agree that AML can't be considered the scapegoat of the situation. He may not be the new Alex Ferguson, but, unlike his predecessors, he found place for a lot of youngsters (Clark, Albrighton, Gardner, Bannan, Herd), and the team impressed with top teams like Arsenal and Chelsea. Last but not least, we can't blame him if we have two clowns (Dunne and Warnock, it goes without saying), that play for the opponents and concede one or two goals every game. 

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2012, 09:25:58 PM »
I totally agree that AML can't be considered the scapegoat of the situation. He may not be the new Alex Ferguson, but, unlike his predecessors, he found place for a lot of youngsters (Clark, Albrighton, Gardner, Bannan, Herd), and the team impressed with top teams like Arsenal and Chelsea. Last but not least, we can't blame him if we have two clowns (Dunne and Warnock, it goes without saying), that play for the opponents and concede one or two goals every game. 
Dunne is not as bad as you continually make him out to be Archie.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2012, 09:38:35 PM »

His general play has been OK, but he is making costly mistakes in far too many games, as are his fellow defenders.  When one of them makes a mistake that leads directly to a goal in every game, as they seem to be taking turns in doing, we'll always be up against it.

Offline Dave Clark Five

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2012, 09:40:29 PM »

His general play has been OK, but he is making costly mistakes in far too many games, as are his fellow defenders.  When one of them makes a mistake that leads directly to a goal in every game, as they seem to be taking turns in doing, we'll always be up against it.
I agree with that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal