collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Monty
[March 28, 2024, 11:26:15 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:30:40 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Drummond
[March 28, 2024, 11:39:23 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Monty
[March 28, 2024, 11:26:15 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Billy Walker
[March 28, 2024, 11:13:11 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 11:07:05 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:06:11 PM]

Re: COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:01:42 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: This protest website....  (Read 29247 times)

Offline supertommykN'iba

Re: This protest website....
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2012, 02:52:45 PM »
Chris heard?

See even the players are revolting now McLeish is taking us down!

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2012, 02:53:02 PM »
Protest is because players are starting to turn.
If he's lost dressing room , fear the worst.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2012, 02:54:24 PM »
Can't believe he's complaining about the "splits" with the fans.

This is embarrassing.

Offline villajk

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2012, 02:55:11 PM »
Not a personal vendetta, nothing against him, just what he's doing to club.

Offline villajk

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2012, 02:56:32 PM »
Chris heard?

Bugger off you, you put me off me typing. :(

Chris somebody or other.

Offline supertommykN'iba

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2012, 03:02:37 PM »
Chris heard?

Bugger off you, you put me off me typing. :(

Chris somebody or other.

You were off by one letter, I've seen his name mentioned elsewhere over the past couple of days.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2012, 03:04:28 PM »
Despite being in a similar boat, Everton fans still show up in numbers and create a great atmosphere for their team at Goodison. Their team found a way to outwork and beat Man City the other night. These pricks will only want to see us fail, which is the most ironic thing about this whole protest. Their fire is fuelled by the team losing, and they are too fucking thick to realise otherwise. That if the team wins, that means a 'nose manager wins. They can't live with that. It pisses me off no end that this serves no purpose other than to create more tension than there is already going to be.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2012, 03:11:11 PM »
This should be fun...

'it's nothing to do with the fact that he's come from blose, it's what he's done, or hasn't done at villa'. 

My arse.

'he was given £20 million pounds to spend.'

But we sold our two England International Wingers for £37million. We also needed to replace Luke Young, Reo Coker, Walker and Friedel of our important players last season.

Protest is because players are starting to turn.  If he's lost dressing room , fear the worst.

Are they? Why no protest last season when half the squad were in open revolt? If the players are acting up again then I blame them, as I did last season. If McLeish goes, who's to say they will like the next manager? On form the overpaid wankers will play up again.

We were shit last season, too. No protests like this then. Is he to blame for everything shit at B6 and not the owner (who hasn't really backed his man) or the players (who seem to suffer from either bad form or bad attitudes.

Also why is this protest now? We have had some shit performances but why is the protest being planned now when the side is starting to look better and play slightly better football. Where were the protestors after the Tottenham game? We've also been nearer the bottom and had poorer results than Sunday's draw. Why now?

I'm no fan of McLeish, but I'm increasingly supporting him I don't know whether it is the more I hear from these protestors the more I start to support him or whether I have witnessed a tangible improvement in football and performances. The results weren't brilliant but we managed to show some attacking impetus sadly lacking in some of our games earlier this season against QPR and to an extent Newcastle. We are having 10+ shots where earlier on we were having 0. I just cannot fathom why the protests are happening now.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2012, 03:13:42 PM »
Despite being in a similar boat, Everton fans still show up in numbers and create a great atmosphere for their team at Goodison.

Not too sure about that, Toronto.

They've been getting their lowest crowds in years this season and Goodison is probably the whiniest, most whingey crowd in the league.

They're also constantly complaining about their own leadership (board level).

Our own crowd have shown this season that they can get behind the team when given some encouragement (Arsenal and QPR, for example). It'd be great to think the crowd could lift the team spontaneously, but that doesn't happen these days.

In the two matches I cited, the team upped their game, and looked a bit bothered (for a change) and the crowd reacted superbly. Even Pat Murphy was impressed.

I don't think a handful - and I bet it's at most 50 people on this "demo" - of people refusing to respond is going to make a whole heap of difference.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2012, 03:21:09 PM »
I bet no one turns up.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2012, 03:25:02 PM »

That's why he was protesting outside Villa Park last summer in his 'We don't want McLeish' t-shirt and setting up his website last year.

I'm no fan of McLeish, but I'm increasingly supporting him I don't know whether it is the more I hear from these protesters the more I start to support him or whether I have witnessed a tangible improvement in football and performances.

For me it's a combination of the two.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2012, 03:25:07 PM »
I might have a bit more sympathy if they were protesting against Lerner say, it would at least show a modicum of intelligence. But no "its that bloke that manged the other lots fault" said in a nasaly brummie accent

Offline supertommykN'iba

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2012, 03:30:59 PM »
Can we have a Guess the Crowd & Prediction Thread for the protest?

My GTC is 43 and Prediction is this -

3pm - The 43 are all in position singing about Small Heath.
3.03pm - The 43 are getting restless are there are so few of them and start to shout a little louder before someone decides to start a 'stampede'.
3.04pm - The 43 find themselves by Villa Village. They stop there, and start singing 'We want McLeish out', pointing the fingers at the offices above the shop.
3.07pm - More than half of the 43 have now raised their scarves over their faces as they continue to lay into the staff working above the shop.
3.12pm - They move on, making their way past the back of the North Stand, to be apprehended by Police, telling them they can't go that way.
3.13pm - After shouting at the Police, they turn away, and form an orderly queue to purchase a fanzine from a keen salesman who has sought an opportunity.
3.17pm - After spending their £2, they turn again, this time walking back towards the Trinity, before breaking up into smaller groups, having forgotten what they turned up so early for. Complaints about the cold start to go around, for which McLeish gets blames, so they start their songs again. Now, there are only about 10 left.
3.20pm - The 10 remaining Super Great Wonder Fans are queueing at the turnstile, moaning about how many people don't care about the club. They are however, proud of their bed sheet that they held.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2012, 03:32:25 PM »
Can we have a Guess the Crowd & Prediction Thread for the protest?

My GTC is 43 and Prediction is this -

3pm - The 43 are all in position singing about Small Heath.
3.03pm - The 43 are getting restless are there are so few of them and start to shout a little louder before someone decides to start a 'stampede'.
3.04pm - The 43 find themselves by Villa Village. They stop there, and start singing 'We want McLeish out', pointing the fingers at the offices above the shop.
3.07pm - More than half of the 43 have now raised their scarves over their faces as they continue to lay into the staff working above the shop.
3.12pm - They move on, making their way past the back of the North Stand, to be apprehended by Police, telling them they can't go that way.
3.13pm - After shouting at the Police, they turn away, and form an orderly queue to purchase a fanzine from a keen salesman who has sought an opportunity.
3.17pm - After spending their £2, they turn again, this time walking back towards the Trinity, before breaking up into smaller groups, having forgotten what they turned up so early for. Complaints about the cold start to go around, for which McLeish gets blames, so they start their songs again. Now, there are only about 10 left.
3.20pm - The 10 remaining Super Great Wonder Fans are queueing at the turnstile, moaning about how many people don't care about the club. They are however, proud of their bed sheet that they held.

3.30pm - dazzyg arrives

Offline supertommykN'iba

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2012, 03:32:53 PM »

That's why he was protesting outside Villa Park last summer in his 'We don't want McLeish' t-shirt and setting up his website last year.

I'm no fan of McLeish, but I'm increasingly supporting him I don't know whether it is the more I hear from these protesters the more I start to support him or whether I have witnessed a tangible improvement in football and performances.

For me it's a combination of the two.

Point 1 - That's where I recognised the name from. I thought I'd seen that fantastic website before the other day, surely he should be busy working for his Web Design company? Guestbook, ffs.

Point 2 - I'm increasingly impressed with the bottle of the man. He doesn't seem to be letting the pressure get to him in the slightest.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal