collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by brontebilly
[Today at 01:49:23 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by simon ward 50
[Today at 01:43:06 PM]

Pre-season 2024/25 by Somniloquism
[Today at 01:40:42 PM]

NSWE Investment by FrankyH
[Today at 01:25:27 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:18:45 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by dalians umbrella
[Today at 01:06:15 PM]

Villa songs on Alexa by Louzie0
[Today at 12:16:54 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by WarszaVillan
[Today at 12:15:25 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: This protest website....  (Read 29356 times)

Offline QBVILLA

This protest website....
« on: February 08, 2012, 12:50:41 PM »
Just taken a look at it and read some of the comments.Well worth a look for the comedy element

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
Re: This protest website....
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 12:51:40 PM »
Just taken a look at it and read some of the comments.Well worth a look for the comedy element

Intentional or otherwise?

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 12:59:00 PM »
Mainly intentional.We have Neville Chamberlain and Cat Deeley claiming to be embarrased of being Brummies and some great abuse of the creators of the site.Well worth a look.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 01:00:16 PM »
Link please :)

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 01:05:22 PM »

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 01:07:09 PM »
Oh, no:

Before we get abused and told we are not "real fans" for doing this, how can you call yourself a FAN if you are prepared to do nothing and watch OUR GREAT club fail

I hate that "how can you be a real fan" argument whatever the context it is used in.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 01:21:06 PM »

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 01:30:16 PM »
Oh, no:

Before we get abused and told we are not "real fans" for doing this, how can you call yourself a FAN if you are prepared to do nothing and watch OUR GREAT club fail

I hate that "how can you be a real fan" argument whatever the context it is used in.
How can you call yourself a FAN if you disagree wit ME? Jesus what a crock of shit.

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 01:32:44 PM »
At least we'll know what Talksport are talking about tonight when that bell end Durham and dipstick Gough are sensationalising it

Offline James

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 01:50:39 PM »
Just picked this up from Sporting Life, seems appropriate to put in this thread:

Aston Villa supporters are being urged to attend a pre-match protest against manager Alex McLeish ahead of Sunday's home clash with Manchester City.

A statement posted on the 'Vital Villa' (VV) fans' website claims the current record of six wins in 24 Barclays Premier League games is "relegation form."

It also claims the Villa players are "seeming to be in open revolt" following Sunday's 2-1 defeat at Newcastle.

The statement reads: "We have played 24 games this season, we have won six! Is this good enough? No. This is relegation form. Alex McLeish is not the man to lead Aston Villa.

"He had a full pre-season, was given £20million (approximately) to spend and has players of the calibre of Darren Bent, Gabby Agbonlahor and Stephen Ireland to work with (also the most promising batch of home-grown players produced in years).

"Despite all this, we find ourselves 13th in the table and without a home win since Bonfire Night (November 5).

"Now after the debacle of Sunday, with the players now seeming to be in open revolt, the future is looking very bleak indeed.

"We need to act now before it is too late and the unthinkable happens.

"If you support this, please join us 3pm on Sunday, Trinity Road Stand by the McGregor Statue. If you don't then please ignore this."

Some sections of supporters were unhappy when McLeish made the switch from local rivals Birmingham to replace Gerard Houllier last summer.

But it remains to be seen whether there will be substantial tangible support for the proposed protest on Sunday.

Villa sold Ashley Young and Stewart Downing for a combined £35million to Manchester United and Liverpool respectively last summer.

They spent around £17million in signing Charles N'Zogbia, Shay Given and Alan Hutton plus Jermaine Jenas on loan from Tottenham.

McLeish was aware of the constraints he was under and often admitted he has been instructed to reduce the "astronomical" wage bill by club owner Randy Lerner.

The former Rangers boss has also conceded this is a season of transition for the midlands club but remains convinced he is the right man at the helm to eventually revive Villa's fortunes.

I'm not a McLeish fan but this won't help!

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 01:54:05 PM »
So protesting by turning up to the game and meeting at a place they were going to be at anyway. Sheeesh Randy must be worried. All this achieves is fans booing the team at home when really they need support. Counterproductive.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 01:56:05 PM »
Oh, no:

How can you call yourself a FAN if you disagree wit ME? Jesus what a crock of shit.

The mentality seems to be that everyone has the same opinion, but only the 'real fans' care enough to do something about.  It totally preculdes the possibility that they are 100% wrong in their opinion, surprisingly.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 02:02:31 PM »
This is all about thick people seeking attention and nothing to do with what is the right thing for the Villa.

Offline Merv

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 02:06:50 PM »
"If you support this, please join us 3pm on Sunday, Trinity Road Stand by the McGregor Statue. If you don't then please ignore this."

That's my favourite line in the whole piece. 'If you don't.... please ignore this.' Genius.

I can understand why some are unhappy - I'm pretty deflated about things myself, though I'd expected things to happen this way - but I honestly don't see the point of a protest. I'll bet the owners and management are more than happy at what McLeish has done so far.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal