collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by VillaTim
[Today at 10:55:24 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by VillaTim
[Today at 10:51:16 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[Today at 10:37:12 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by VillaTim
[Today at 10:36:44 PM]

NSWE Investment by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[Today at 10:36:07 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 10:33:16 PM]

Diego Carlos by KevinGage
[Today at 09:42:35 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Drummond
[Today at 09:20:21 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Huge Summer....  (Read 45163 times)

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
Re: Huge Summer....
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 12:57:26 PM »
Collins, Cuellar and Warnock will leave, I think, but I'm not too sure about Dunne.

Also, I think Petrov will stay, as our midfield just looks unstable without him, and even if a potential replacement is signed or identified (i.e. Gardner), I think they'll keep Petrov and use him more sparingly.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 01:04:18 PM »
Will future funds be generated by cash saved on wages or transfer fee we can get in? If its the latter,well struggle to get much in,what would Makoun,Collins and Warnock get in? 10 million?

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2012, 01:18:19 PM »
Just had a guy come in to our place who says he knows some people connected to the club. I won't say who just in case. I didn't speak to him but some others did. I can't personally vouch for him.
Reckons that Lerner is selling up in March to some mega-rich folks. Mentioned "3rd richest" (in the world?) which could be (at the moment) Warren Buffet or could have meant Bernard Arnault. Maybe it is the Qataris as rumoured?

Yes, yes, pinch of salt but I thought I'd pass it on. Like I say, I didn't speak to the guy.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 01:48:50 PM by Mazrim »

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2012, 01:22:25 PM »
I get the feeling that we are not going to see the extent of squad makeover that we want unless something changes at the club.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2012, 01:23:33 PM »
Will future funds be generated by cash saved on wages or transfer fee we can get in? If its the latter,well struggle to get much in,what would Makoun,Collins and Warnock get in? 10 million?

If we're relying on slaes only then things won't get much better, but if Randy is prepared to release more funds, within the wage structure he wants, then we have a chance.

Offline Hoppo

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2012, 01:26:07 PM »
I dont want new owners I just want Warnock, Collins, Tonne ,Hutton, Petrov ,Ireland, Nzogbia and Heskey to feck off..

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2012, 01:28:15 PM »
Defence -

Guzan and Cuellar are on a frees

Warnock, Dunne, Collins all will only have 1 year left in the Summer. So will be looking for their last big contracts. I reckon Warnock and Collins will be off. I'd be surprised if he let Dunne go as well. Stan will see out his deal, I reckon.

Given, Hutton, Clark and Dunne will be here, I think. So a new sub 'keeper, left back, centre back and another versatile defender needed to with the kids

Midfield -

Ireland has 2 years left, and if he does want out he'll see that out, he's still young and he'll get a load more money for a free transfer. Anything could happen with him. My feeling is he'll stay though.

I reckon Stan will stay and see out his deal. Marc will be here, as with Gardner, I think Delph will return.

I reckon Makoun will be sold, wouldn't be surprised to see Bannan go. Couple of CM's.

Forward - 2 forwards needed, Keane and another ideally. Gabby and Bent will stay, I reckon. Only Liverpool is a realistic destination for Bent and I can't see them going for him in the Summer.

Squad is surely going to get a big overhaul this Summer.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2012, 01:29:54 PM »
I dont want new owners I just want Warnock, Collins, Tonne ,Hutton, Petrov ,Ireland, Nzogbia and Heskey to feck off..

Bit harsh on those three.  Possibly Hutton too, who's been improving.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2012, 01:46:16 PM »
I reckon Dunne and Petrov will stay, but Collins, Warnock, Makoun, Guzan, Cuellar and Heskey will go.

I then think 1 new centre back, probably Dann will be signed. A left back of quality will be searched for, and a real holding midfield player that can cover the back 4 will come in. Plus Keane.

Offline Hoppo

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2012, 02:04:01 PM »
I was being slightly sarcastic john. We would need new owners to replace the ones mentioned. In an ideal world I would love to see the back of Warnock Tonne and Collins. As a team I think Petrov needs to be replaced, keep him but with our costcutting we cant afford a squad player on 50k a week. Ireland playing well but in my view injury prone and again with our budget we cant justify his salary. Nzogbia is the player i just dont get? Loads of talent but his work ethic needs looking at. Hutton I believe is getting better and will probably escape the cull.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2012, 03:11:01 PM »
New owners - mmmm, imagine McClown with billions to spend!!

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2012, 03:24:07 PM »
Well, I wouldn't get carried away but I daresay he wouldn't be the one spending the money.
It would be interesting to see it though, even if I would be baying for Guus Hiddink.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2012, 03:56:19 PM »
Nzogbia is the player i just dont get? Loads of talent but his work ethic needs looking at.

I thought N'Zogbia had improved greatly since Christmas, culminating in goal against QPR. 

Ireland has also come on leaps and bounds.

I agree Petrov's shelf life is limited now but he's been a great servant to the club so wanting him to "feck off", even in jest, seems unfair to me.

Offline andyaston

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2012, 04:09:54 PM »
One man has to stay and that is Darren Bent. 19 goals from 39 games better ratio than Withe or anyone since who has played over 38 games.

Offline bilsim

• I just love Aston Villa.
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2012, 05:35:51 PM »
Goalkeepers
1 Given - Unless somebody big comes in, I think he'll be here for a long time.
22 Guzan - Impressed me during his spell whilst Given was out, great to have as a number 2 but I'm not certain he'll be happy not playing regularly.
33 Marshall - Will never make a first team appearance.

Defenders
2 Hutton - Out. Tricky one, truthfully I think we can get so much better, but can't see him going anywhere.
3 Warnock - Out. Unless something drastically changes I'd be pretty eager to get rid of him in the summer.
5 Dunne - Out. Has been a pretty good servant to the club especially given that he was forced out by Man City, the club he loved, but that said I think he's lost a bit of form and would be worth getting rid of.
6 Collins - Out. Again, lost what he once had and probably worth clearing out.
21 Clark - Keep. Bags of potential.
24 Cuellar - Keep. Not a right back but he's been our best defender this season.
29 Stevens - Keep. Seems like a bit of a MON signing to me, I feel that we'll never actually see him in the first team.
30 Lichaj - Keep. I've been impressed with what I've seen.

Midfielders
7 Ireland - Keep. Probably the stand out player of the last few months, finally beginning to settle into a role within the team and show us what he's capable of, hopefully he has the determination to stick things out even when we're struggling.
10 N'Zogbia - Undecided. Has potential but attitude might get in the way, he needs to keep performing as he has done in the past few weeks. That said, reports that he's unhappy are circulating and if that's the case then it might be worth cashing in and moving on.
12 Albrighton - Keep. He has a few critics but I really like Albrighton, he loves the club and can dominate full backs, he can go a little bit quiet but I think he'll be a big player for us in seasons to come.
19 Petrov - Keep. Petrov's scored quite a few this season and he's been a great servant, he has his detractors but I think he'll be here next season which will probably be his last at the club.
25 Bannan - Keep. I've been disappointed with Bannan this season, early on he played some lovely stuff but the last few appearances as a sub he's been very poor, Newcastle at the weekend he did barely anything. A good young talent but you have to question how much he wants it.
31 Herd - Keep. One for the future.
35 Johnson - Keep. I think this is the kid with dreads? He's looked really sharp when I've seen him.
38 Gardner - Keep. Will be a test of how much he really is a "lifelong villa fan" when the big clubs inevitably come sniffing.

Forwards
9 Bent - Keep. I honestly can't see Darren leaving, mainly because he's such an important player for us and we'd want a pretty fair whack to prize him, the only clubs that could afford him wouldn't be interested.
11 Agbonlahor - Keep. He'll never leave, it's that simple.
18 Heskey - Out. Bye Emile, thanks for the 14 goals.
26 Weimann - Out. Not seen anything to suggest he's good enough, and the same goes for Del Boy.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal