collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 11:19:56 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 11:19:56 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by AV82EC
[Today at 11:16:36 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 11:11:04 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:07:39 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 11:05:52 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Richard E
[Today at 11:00:08 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:58:06 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: This week's jollity.  (Read 9601 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: This week's jollity.
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 10:21:34 PM »
Why would he be happy? We lost. Has he said he was unhappy with the manager or unhappy with the club and desperate to leave? No. For all you know he was unhappy as he got back from Newcastle and realised he had forgotten to tape "Sunday Politics" with Andrew Neill. Anything else is just conjecture.

He has said that for the first time, he is unhappy with his chosen career.  Can you think of anything that might have brought him to have that view?

He might have stubbed his toe in the dressing room for all we know. The hot water in the bath might have run out. Stephen Ireland might have not got his round in. We don't know and if every comment by every player was regarded so apocalyptically they'd all be transferred twice a year.

I can't see that the statement "I'm not happy playing football" is open to much interpretation to be honest.  He doesn't seem to be talking about anything trivial.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2012, 10:27:23 PM »

I can't see that the statement "I'm not happy playing football" is open to much interpretation to be honest.  He doesn't seem to be talking about anything trivial.

There could be many reasons why he said it, most of them trivial. We don't know what he meant by it or what caused it but the world is still turning and life goes on.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 10:39:26 PM »
Maybe it has something to do with the abuse he was getting that he later re-tweeted?

I thought the abuse started after his tweet. I don't know as I don't follow him.

I agree with Dave that there is a lot of interpretation then he hates the manager / club and that is the reason for his comment.

He was being constantly booed by Newcastle fans and although he set up the goal, he was a bit of the pace especially in the second half. Maybe when he was on the bench or going down the tunnel he was spat on by Newcastle fans.

Offline Californian Villain

• Mustang 68
  • GM : Apr, 2012
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2012, 10:49:44 PM »
How is a tweet from a player's official twitter page not a verified source? It's that player's direct view, unadulterated by journalistic spin, and in this case it's N'Zogbia, and he ain't happy.

This. This is the entire point of twitter.

Offline Californian Villain

• Mustang 68
  • GM : Apr, 2012
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2012, 10:53:01 PM »
We're living in the age of instant responses. Most premier league footballers have far more money than most of us, they're immune from the realities of everyday life etc etc. They post things in the heat of the moment without thinking of the consequences, possibly sometimes egged on by others, pretending to care, whilst secretly enjoying the resultant 'this is terrible' outrage.

Nah. The Zog knew what he was doing. He's the sort of outspoken individual who needs to vent his frustration in public...but so what? What player would be happy to be subbed in favor of Emule? C'mon!

Offline Somniloquism

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2012, 10:55:57 PM »
And as being debated, was that what he was saying? It can be interpreted in many different ways and could be because of abuse suffered from Newcastle fans as much as anything to do with Villa.

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2012, 10:57:04 PM »
In non-football life, people have been jailed for comments made on t'internet. And I'm more than willing to believe some said comments have been misinterpreted.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2012, 10:57:55 PM »
The whole point of Twitter seems to me to give another outlet for the self-important to air their views.

Offline Somniloquism

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2012, 10:59:23 PM »
The whole point of Twitter seems to me to give another outlet for the self-important to air their views.

And Damon, sorry, just realised you had covered him.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2012, 11:00:46 PM »

And Damon, sorry, just realised you had covered him.

And, of course, Damon. And Danny Baker.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2012, 11:10:52 PM »
This is Charles Nzogbia, a bloke that is known for throwing a strop if things are not going his way

The quitter on Twitter

Offline Hoppo

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2012, 12:28:31 AM »
Im not happy you cost nearly 10mill Charlie..

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2012, 12:59:38 AM »
Im not happy you cost nearly 10mill Charlie..

Not to mention his weekly wages that probably equate to more than each of us would put into the club in a lifetime of following them.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2012, 04:33:57 AM »
To be honest, I don't think it is that he is unhappy with the club at all, which is the most important thing to me. Maybe he is unhappy that he hasn't been able to be the impact player he was at Wigan. He's played pretty well in a select few games, but he surely hasn't had an amazing game, yet. At Wigan it seemed like every Saturday he would have close to an amazing game. I think he'll come good, he just needs to feel wanted. We all know he has the potential to be a top, top winger. He's still in his first year with the club. Good things come to those who wait.

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2012, 06:57:20 AM »
Strange substitutions? Don't agree with that unless you mean they should have been subbed earlier.N'Zogbia is one lazy fecker who didn't do his job at all defensively.Heskey may well be everyone's favourite scapegoat but he put a good shift in.As for Ireland, well he better be injured or he'll go down as the most gutless player to pull on a Villa shirt.The amount of times he pulled out of 50/50s was embarrassing,made Downing look like a footballing hardman.For me we simply didn't get the rub of the green and i'd be questioning why Bent never gets himself hurt.There were at least two occasions when he should have been going in with the keeper and instead he stood back.Bit more desire please Bent.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal