collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: This week's jollity.  (Read 9640 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
Re: This week's jollity.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 09:30:59 AM »
I agree with you we shouldn't believe anything that's said on Twitter Dave.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 10:29:57 AM »

#indenial

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 01:20:13 PM »

#whathesaid

Offline Rico

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 02:15:30 PM »
There's something fundamentally wrong with our club at the moment, and I don't just mean our inability to defend. I've just finished reading Lance Armstrong's second book in which he describes the work ethic of his team. He states that the whole team was geared up to make sure that he had the best shot at winning the tour. Everyone understood the team came first, personal glory came second. I think one of the problems at Villa park is that some of the senior players either don't rate/respect Mcleish or they are such big time Charlies that they have an over inflated sense of self worth. I guess ultimately they could just be either A: crap, B: past it or C: a combination of A and B. This whole situation reminds me very much of the years leading up to our relegation in 86 in which on paper we looked like a half decent team, but in reality we were useless. Unless Mcleish can get rid of the deadwood or trouble makers in the summer then we're in trouble. The problem is that players hold all the aces. You can't sack them so you are just left footing the bill for them until their contract runs out. Wether Mcleish will be the man to sort it out is anyone's guess, but I suspect that he wont. I also think having an absent owner does not help either. It gives the wrong impression that he doesn't really care. I think we'll survive relegation this season, but next year we may not be so lucky.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 03:26:13 PM »
How is a tweet from a player's official twitter page not a verified source? It's that player's direct view, unadulterated by journalistic spin, and in this case it's N'Zogbia, and he ain't happy.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 03:50:15 PM »
Why would he be happy? We lost. Has he said he was unhappy with the manager or unhappy with the club and desperate to leave? No. For all you know he was unhappy as he got back from Newcastle and realised he had forgotten to tape "Sunday Politics" with Andrew Neill. Anything else is just conjecture.

Offline Summers

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 04:24:42 PM »
There's a difference between "Gutted we lost" and "first time in my life I'm not happy playing football".  But of course.. he was talking about something completely non-Villa related, right?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 06:16:27 PM »
The sad thing is, I don't think Newcastle are better than us, on paper (their first choice central midfield apart, Tiote and Cabaye). They are just better-organised, play with confidence and work harder as Dixon pointed out when McLeish spoke about their workrate on MOTD2 last night.

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 06:19:44 PM »
The sad thing is, I don't think Newcastle are better than us, on paper (their first choice central midfield apart, Tiote and Cabaye). They are just better-organised, play with confidence and work harder as Dixon pointed out when McLeish spoke about their workrate on MOTD2 last night.

I know we were missing players, but they had a number of players missing on Sunday. Perhaps team spirit takes you a long way.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 07:05:53 PM »
Why would he be happy? We lost. Has he said he was unhappy with the manager or unhappy with the club and desperate to leave? No. For all you know he was unhappy as he got back from Newcastle and realised he had forgotten to tape "Sunday Politics" with Andrew Neill. Anything else is just conjecture.

Agree.

Twitter is a dangerous place for footballers.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 09:45:29 PM »

He has said that for the first time, he is unhappy with his chosen career.  Can you think of anything that might have brought him to have that view?

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 09:56:53 PM »

He has said that for the first time, he is unhappy with his chosen career.  Can you think of anything that might have brought him to have that view?

He might have stubbed his toe in the dressing room for all we know. The hot water in the bath might have run out. Stephen Ireland might have not got his round in. We don't know and if every comment by every player was regarded so apocalyptically they'd all be transferred twice a year.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 09:58:38 PM »
Maybe it has something to do with the abuse he was getting that he later re-tweeted?

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 10:11:58 PM »
We're living in the age of instant responses. Most premier league footballers have far more money than most of us, they're immune from the realities of everyday life etc etc. They post things in the heat of the moment without thinking of the consequences, possibly sometimes egged on by others, pretending to care, whilst secretly enjoying the resultant 'this is terrible' outrage.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal