collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fans reaction.  (Read 29941 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: Fans reaction.
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2012, 09:55:43 PM »
The Allback year was worse (Thank you Marcus).

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2012, 09:59:10 PM »
The Allback year was worse (Thank you Marcus).

That's exactly the point Legion.

Some people have very short memories. We've had seasons when we were runners up followed by relegation battles.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2012, 10:00:45 PM »
Why are so many supporters now so hostile towards their own club and players?.

I will tell you why. Because the younger supporters ( I mean anybody under 40), just like the players, are a bunch of over indulged spoilt brats who think they have an entitlement to everything, and they are entitled to it right now !
With your mobile phones and i pads and whatever, you all turn up at the game in your air conditioned cars and have your nice comfy seats. You can watch live football under the stand on colour TVs before the game, get all the interviews and team info instantly. The pitches are all pristeen without a blade of grass out of place, and you see tippy tappy pretty football because nobody can tackle anymore without receiving a 4 game ban. At half time, you can even buy healthy food if you want and consume it in a smoke free atmosphere and relieve yourself in clean toilets.

Back in my day you had to get four different shitty British Rail trains to get to a mud heap at Rochdale, get treated like shit by the Police, eat cold nasty pies at half time surrounded by the smell of woodbines, have a piss up against some corrugated iron fence, then after watching 22 blokes kick lumps out of each other and we had lost 1-0 hope to be back in Birmingham in time so you could get an Argus to find out any other results.....If you were lucky !

Your all soft !   

all true,
 but when we got there we saw Lochead, Chico,Phillips, Gidman, Nicholl, Little, Graydon, Shaw, Gray, Evans, Cowans over the years, now we have Bent and er Ireland,
 so sorry but i'd take the piss and shit conditions again to see proper quality like that,

i think we had it easy

Offline scotty_do30

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2012, 10:07:58 PM »
To be honest i gave my season ticket up 2 years ago i have just become disillusioned with football as a whole. I still look out for our results but have not watched a game in over a year and a half.
I now spend most of my Saturday's watching Moseley rugby club its a whole world away from the the over paid lazy shag around's that we call footballers.
where else could you watch a match enjoy a few pints then after the game has finished the players socialize with the supporters and its a family everyone enjoys themselves and you get a really good vibe.
To be honest football is going down the drain the players dont give a shit about the club or the fans and very soon some clubs will find the money will dry up because there owners will get bored.

R.I.P Football

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2012, 10:08:45 PM »
yep. the problems could be sorted out in a jiffy if the cash was there.  If AM got the boot, whoever took over will have the same problem he and GH had - shit, lazy players on top whack

That-  and an appointment as provocative as McLeish-  is a big part of the reason for the atmosphere being sour at VP these days. 

To look at certain players just going through the motions (usually the better paid ones too)  just exacerbates things further. 

Dunno. I reckon most people have got over the initial shock and disappointment about AM bar the mad Dazzyg's of this world. Some of the earlier results (and the lack of shots even off target) seems to confirm my suspicions, but we have proved we can play a bit at times under AM. Its just the bloody personnel reverting to type. Fucking hoof ball again

Perhaps.

But this far into his first season with us, I'd have hoped he'd have had more fans onside by now.   You only really get that with results and performances, in both departments we have been under par this campaign.

He wasn't a popular appointment at the time (to put it mildly)  and if you gave most supporters a straight choice -  McLeish yes or no-  I think the results would still mirror his popularity back in June. Even if there are those who -like me-   feel that results haven't been poor enough (taken as a whole)  to warrant the sack. 

I agree he's on a knife edge. All it takes is the majority of the wait and see's to join up with the ABAM mob and i can't see how he could survive. He got it wrong big time today with his substitutions. whether that was due to injuries/abuse from a player or just calling it wrong i'm not sure,but he's back in trouble if he was ever out of it. The games after Man City will probably decide his fate - If we fail against wigan, bolton and blackburn we'll be in the thick of it

Offline caster troy

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2012, 10:18:00 PM »
It's ok though because no-one is going to renew next year so the hostility will be replaced by virtual silence.

Wrong.

I meant that none of the fans I know are renewing. Clearly there will be some, even many, that do and fair play to those people. If money was no object I'd go to every game home and away, but I find watching McLeish's Villa so unbearable I'll be spending my spare cash on something else next year if he's still around. I'll come back when he's gone.

And as for the whole argument of him not being backed, we are behind Norwich and Swansea in the league, how much have their squads cost?

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2012, 10:19:00 PM »
I hate so many current footballers, even some of our lot. Poor attitude, lack of professionalism, criminals, wasted talent... it's hard to have heroes that have so many negatives attributes. Which means it's hard to support them and not criticise. Of the current lot I couldn't care less what happens to the following...

Dunne, Warnock, Collins, Hutton, Ireland, Bannan... which accounts for over half the first team... and to top the lot McLeish managing them.

It's tough to support a bunch on millionaires that act and behave like that little lot. I'll re-new, but it's more to do with not wanting to lose the great seats we have as opposed to enjoying it.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2012, 10:20:33 PM »
I agree he's on a knife edge. All it takes is the majority of the wait and see's to join up with the ABAM mob and i can't see how he could survive. He got it wrong big time today with his substitutions. whether that was due to injuries/abuse from a player or just calling it wrong i'm not sure,but he's back in trouble if he was ever out of it. The games after Man City will probably decide his fate - If we fail against wigan, bolton and blackburn we'll be in the thick of it

I don't think he is - at least not with the owner.

Lerner has really bet the house on this appointment, big time. He insisted he was right on this appontment, and that this was the only man they really wanted, in the summer, contrary to all the fan unrest.

He is going to look foolish if he sacks AM any time now.

I genuinely would not be remotely surprised if, having got us relegated, he still didn't get the bullet.

Offline tarzansbrother

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2012, 10:24:01 PM »
To be honest i gave my season ticket up 2 years ago i have just become disillusioned with football as a whole. I still look out for our results but have not watched a game in over a year and a half.
I now spend most of my Saturday's watching Moseley rugby club its a whole world away from the the over paid lazy shag around's that we call footballers.
where else could you watch a match enjoy a few pints then after the game has finished the players socialize with the supporters and its a family everyone enjoys themselves and you get a really good vibe.
To be honest football is going down the drain the players dont give a shit about the club or the fans and very soon some clubs will find the money will dry up because there owners will get bored.

I spent a recent Saturday watching Stourbridge rugby club and had a similar experience. Endorse everything you say.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2012, 10:25:57 PM »

Lerner has really bet the house on this appointment, big time. He insisted he was right on this appontment, and that this was the only man they really wanted, in the summer, contrary to all the fan unrest.

I genuinely would not be remotely surprised if, having got us relegated, he still didn't get the bullet.

I don't agree Paulie. If there's one thing Lerner has shown recently is his obsession with cutting costs. Relegation would throw that out the window. Look foolish or lose 20m? I reckon he'll take foolish personally

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2012, 10:39:12 PM »
nah, by the time we would be in a relegation fight it will be too late to make a decision, RL isnt renown for making quick decisions or even having his finger on the pulse. I dont actulaay think we will be in a relegation fight because Woves Blackburn Wigan and Bolton are worse than us

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2012, 10:42:20 PM »
tend to agree. can't see us going down, but i'll think we'll finish lower than last season

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2012, 10:46:05 PM »
I ain't been to a home game since bolton in the cup because its dead, there isn't an atmosphere its moody and everyone is at each other! The minute someone gives the ball away or the manager makes a sub the boo's and chants start. It's not enjoyable.

I go away a bit there is a slightly better atmosphere and people generally get behind the team. There is some negativity but its not so bad. The problem is the players on the whole are a rotten bunch I'm Sick of hearing stories about Dunne, Collins, warnock, Beye (ok he's gone now) petrov, nzogbia why should we care when they don't? I don't feel a lot of affection towards any of them and it makes me sad to say it.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2012, 10:47:29 PM »

I don't agree Paulie. If there's one thing Lerner has shown recently is his obsession with cutting costs. Relegation would throw that out the window. Look foolish or lose 20m? I reckon he'll take foolish personally

I'm talking about a situation where it had already happened - we were relegated, not we were going to be relegated.

Unfortunately, he seems to have brought his inability to make a decent appointment over from the other side of the Atlantic.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2012, 10:48:26 PM »
I was talking to 6 lads earlier in the pub they season ticket holders in trinity road they all said they knocking it on the head next season, I think there will be a few that do

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal