collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fans reaction.  (Read 29937 times)

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
Re: Fans reaction.
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2012, 09:14:35 PM »
yep. the problems could be sorted out in a jiffy if the cash was there.  If AM got the boot, whoever took over will have the same problem he and GH had - shit, lazy players on top whack

That-  and an appointment as provocative as McLeish-  is a big part of the reason for the atmosphere being sour at VP these days. 

To look at certain players just going through the motions (usually the better paid ones too)  just exacerbates things further. 

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 09:15:09 PM »
Going from upper table stability to relegation battles is hard to come to terms with for a lot of supporters.

When did we have a relegation battle? Last season we dropped three places in the final table yet to hear some we're on a par with Darlington.

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2012, 09:17:15 PM »
Why are so many supporters now so hostile towards their own club and players?.

I will tell you why. Because the younger supporters ( I mean anybody under 40), just like the players, are a bunch of over indulged spoilt brats who think they have an entitlement to everything, and they are entitled to it right now !
With your mobile phones and i pads and whatever, you all turn up at the game in your air conditioned cars and have your nice comfy seats. You can watch live football under the stand on colour TVs before the game, get all the interviews and team info instantly. The pitches are all pristeen without a blade of grass out of place, and you see tippy tappy pretty football because nobody can tackle anymore without receiving a 4 game ban. At half time, you can even buy healthy food if you want and consume it in a smoke free atmosphere and relieve yourself in clean toilets.

Back in my day you had to get four different shitty British Rail trains to get to a mud heap at Rochdale, get treated like shit by the Police, eat cold nasty pies at half time surrounded by the smell of woodbines, have a piss up against some corrugated iron fence, then after watching 22 blokes kick lumps out of each other and we had lost 1-0 hope to be back in Birmingham in time so you could get an Argus to find out any other results.....If you were lucky !

Your all soft !   

Capstick Comes Home, the remake

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 09:29:58 PM »
Why are so many supporters now so hostile towards their own club and players?.

I will tell you why. Because the younger supporters ( I mean anybody under 40), just like the players, are a bunch of over indulged spoilt brats who think they have an entitlement to everything, and they are entitled to it right now !
With your mobile phones and i pads and whatever, you all turn up at the game in your air conditioned cars and have your nice comfy seats. You can watch live football under the stand on colour TVs before the game, get all the interviews and team info instantly. The pitches are all pristeen without a blade of grass out of place, and you see tippy tappy pretty football because nobody can tackle anymore without receiving a 4 game ban. At half time, you can even buy healthy food if you want and consume it in a smoke free atmosphere and relieve yourself in clean toilets.

Back in my day you had to get four different shitty British Rail trains to get to a mud heap at Rochdale, get treated like shit by the Police, eat cold nasty pies at half time surrounded by the smell of woodbines, have a piss up against some corrugated iron fence, then after watching 22 blokes kick lumps out of each other and we had lost 1-0 hope to be back in Birmingham in time so you could get an Argus to find out any other results.....If you were lucky !

Your all soft !   

Haha, brilliant rant.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 09:31:00 PM »
Spot on, aswell (I'd go for 30 as opposed to 40, though).

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2012, 09:32:23 PM »
Poor managerial appointments, a sense that the club is divided, PR disasters, selling the best players,recuring abysmal defending, losing games from winnning positions, money wasted on players, its just a mess

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2012, 09:35:23 PM »
Going from upper table stability to relegation battles is hard to come to terms with for a lot of supporters.

When did we have a relegation battle? Last season we dropped three places in the final table yet to hear some we're on a par with Darlington.

I guess it's unfair to say relegation battle. But, to be honest.. we've always been comfortably 15th or so. We caught a nice string of games at the end last year, and somehow plopped into 9th. Regardless, even being mentioned with relegation is embarrassing.

We are pretty rough on our squad though.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2012, 09:38:09 PM »
I'm staying positive we will get better get rid of those who he don't want and let him bring in his own players but let's just get behind our team before then.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2012, 09:38:41 PM »
yep. the problems could be sorted out in a jiffy if the cash was there.  If AM got the boot, whoever took over will have the same problem he and GH had - shit, lazy players on top whack

That-  and an appointment as provocative as McLeish-  is a big part of the reason for the atmosphere being sour at VP these days. 

To look at certain players just going through the motions (usually the better paid ones too)  just exacerbates things further. 

Dunno. I reckon most people have got over the initial shock and disappointment about AM bar the mad Dazzyg's of this world. Some of the earlier results (and the lack of shots even off target) seems to confirm my suspicions, but we have proved we can play a bit at times under AM. Its just the bloody personnel reverting to type. Fucking hoof ball again

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2012, 09:39:29 PM »
I'm staying positive we will get better get rid of those who he don't want and let him bring in his own players but let's just get behind our team before then.

Well said, Darren.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2012, 09:42:10 PM »

I guess it's unfair to say relegation battle. But, to be honest.. we've always been comfortably 15th or so. We caught a nice string of games at the end last year, and somehow plopped into 9th. Regardless, even being mentioned with relegation is embarrassing.

We always seem to be a bit quick to say we're doomed. I can honestly say the only time I've been worried since football began was 1995. 

Offline andyaston

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2012, 09:44:15 PM »

Well said, Darren.
I'm with you there. For 90 minutes getting behind the lads. Booing is counterproductive and will only demotivate even the strongest of players.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2012, 09:48:48 PM »

Bang on, Darren (but could you please start punctuating your posts?).

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2012, 09:49:03 PM »

Dunno. I reckon most people have got over the initial shock and disappointment about AM bar the mad Dazzyg's of this world. Some of the earlier results (and the lack of shots even off target) seems to confirm my suspicions, but we have proved we can play a bit at times under AM. Its just the bloody personnel reverting to type. Fucking hoof ball again

Perhaps.

But this far into his first season with us, I'd have hoped he'd have had more fans onside by now.   You only really get that with results and performances, in both departments we have been under par this campaign.

He wasn't a popular appointment at the time (to put it mildly)  and if you gave most supporters a straight choice -  McLeish yes or no-  I think the results would still mirror his popularity back in June. Even if there are those who -like me-   feel that results haven't been poor enough (taken as a whole)  to warrant the sack. 

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2012, 09:54:32 PM »

We always seem to be a bit quick to say we're doomed. I can honestly say the only time I've been worried since football began was 1995.

One of the toughest football years of my childhood. Got an autographed Dean Saunders shirt though.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal