collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fans reaction.  (Read 29939 times)

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
Fans reaction.
« on: February 05, 2012, 08:22:03 PM »
Why are so many supporters now so hostile towards their own club and players?. I`m the first bloke to say we`ve payed our money and we`re entitled to an opinion, right or wrong, but i`ve not seen such blatant hostility towards the club before, people round where we sit sound like they`re abusing the opposition when its actually their own players they are targeting, the players arent stupid, and they arent deaf, that`s got to contribute to our poor home form, some of the treatment certain players are receiving is music to the ears of the opposition, "Fortress Villa park", more like a house of cards, the Holte of 20 years ago wouldn`t react the way it does now, and its definitely getting worse. In the pub, in the car, on the radio, whatever, give `em shitloads if thats how we feel, but in the ground, there`s only one way we can help - and thats by singing our nuts off, and abusing the other lot rather than our own players, that way we might see the opposition players shitting themselves instead of our own.

Offline Villanation

Re: Fans reaction.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 08:33:13 PM »
Division causes derision, the problem in my opinion is down to the fact that the fall from grace has been so swift it leaves you breathless, put that fact together with the worst possible appointment the fans could imagine (not talking about AM's ability) and the fact that having made the appointment there seems little passion from the chairman, his go-between das General has vanished, rumor's abound he's trying to sell the club, plus we now see our previous manager that left in a storm, he got the blame for that, and yet won his case against the club, now working a minor miracle at a club tipped for relegation, and doing it with players that where none of his own and having the likes of Martin Keown lauding plaudits on him as one of the very best managers around, that best manager once belonged to us.

What people have to take on board is that the players are basically performing for the fans, they put that shirt on and would love nothing more than to see thousands of beaming faces at them, there have been some crap decisions made at the club and nothing will change until major changes have been made.

Offline caster troy

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 08:34:35 PM »
Most fans I know feel totally betrayed by the club with the appointment of McLeish and are still angry that after renewing their season tickets prior to his arrival they have been subjected to a season of absolute torment at Villa Park.

It's ok though because no-one is going to renew next year so the hostility will be replaced by virtual silence.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 08:35:31 PM »
No-one? I'll renew.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 08:35:53 PM »
Going from upper table stability to relegation battles is hard to come to terms with for a lot of supporters.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 08:38:30 PM »
Most fans I know feel totally betrayed by the club with the appointment of McLeish and are still angry that after renewing their season tickets prior to his arrival they have been subjected to a season of absolute torment at Villa Park.

It's ok though because no-one is going to renew next year so the hostility will be replaced by virtual silence.

I'll renew. I'm still a Villa fan whoever's in charge.
Also I'm way past McLeish being ex Small Heath. In fact if he sorts out the defence next season I think we'll have a good team.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 08:39:57 PM »
Exactly. I support Aston Villa. The manager's previous attachments are irrelevant.

Offline Jimmy Smash

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 08:43:37 PM »
I'm with McLeish although I reserve the right to grumble. I think what is appalling is the booing of players and the team when things arent going well. It wasn't going to help any booing Warnock every time he touched the ball after his own goal on Wednesday. I wonder why these people go down sometimes. They know we're not going to be playing like Barcelona, so why boo when we don't?

Offline ez

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 08:44:41 PM »
We're not a top half of the league side anymore. We still haven't 'turned the corner'

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 08:48:47 PM »

Also I'm way past McLeish being ex Small Heath. In fact if he sorts out the defence next season I think we'll have a good team.

That's how I see it. We've got the nucleus of a good team, sort the defence out and we have a solid platform on which to build.

Surely this is the time to get behind the team? Our love of Villa is permanent; owners, managers and players are transient. So it seems are some sections of our support.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 08:52:42 PM »

That's how I see it. We've got the nucleus of a good team, sort the defence out and we have a solid platform on which to build.

Surely this is the time to get behind the team? Our love of Villa is permanent; owners, managers and players are transient. So it seems are some sections of our support.

Fans threatening not to renew is nothing to worry about. If Villa turn things around those same fans will be back. I just hope McLeish gets the money for a new defence. I'll judge McLeish after our chairman actually backs him.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 08:57:26 PM »
yep. the problems could be sorted out in a jiffy if the cash was there.  If AM got the boot, whoever took over will have the same problem he and GH had - shit, lazy players on top whack

Offline Villanation

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 08:59:09 PM »

Fans threatening not to renew is nothing to worry about. If Villa turn things around those same fans will be back. I just hope McLeish gets the money for a new defence. I'll judge McLeish after our chairman actually backs him.

Exactly the point, everybody is different, some will follow a club come hell and high water, regardless of cost and will happily go into debt to finance that, fine, no problem with that, but there are others that want to see some kind of value for money and believe that Villa should be a team competing at a higher level, same as every other fan following every other club, when they under perform there is a section that lose interest, those same fans when we are doing well will look at there wallet and say "worth looking at this week".

As for booing players, I don't get that, simply because he's probably going to respond badly to it and play even worse. 

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 09:10:28 PM »

Wrong.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2012, 09:11:14 PM »
Why are so many supporters now so hostile towards their own club and players?.

I will tell you why. Because the younger supporters ( I mean anybody under 40), just like the players, are a bunch of over indulged spoilt brats who think they have an entitlement to everything, and they are entitled to it right now !
With your mobile phones and i pads and whatever, you all turn up at the game in your air conditioned cars and have your nice comfy seats. You can watch live football under the stand on colour TVs before the game, get all the interviews and team info instantly. The pitches are all pristeen without a blade of grass out of place, and you see tippy tappy pretty football because nobody can tackle anymore without receiving a 4 game ban. At half time, you can even buy healthy food if you want and consume it in a smoke free atmosphere and relieve yourself in clean toilets.

Back in my day you had to get four different shitty British Rail trains to get to a mud heap at Rochdale, get treated like shit by the Police, eat cold nasty pies at half time surrounded by the smell of woodbines, have a piss up against some corrugated iron fence, then after watching 22 blokes kick lumps out of each other and we had lost 1-0 hope to be back in Birmingham in time so you could get an Argus to find out any other results.....If you were lucky !

Your all soft !   

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal