collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 01:00:58 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 12:57:59 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 12:56:46 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 12:46:44 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:46:19 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 01:00:58 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:00:26 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 12:57:59 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 12:56:46 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Demitri_C
[Today at 12:51:31 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 12:48:46 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 12:46:44 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:46:19 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bent: I want my next 100 goals to be all for Villa.  (Read 6958 times)

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
Re: Bent: I want my next 100 goals to be all for Villa.
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 01:16:50 PM »
I think we definitely need 6 players and hopefully we've done a bit of scouting throughout the world and we can get good value and quality.

As I see it the new DCM frees up Clark to play CB.  So once that's done it should stiffen the spine of the side, leaving the fullbacks spots to be sorted, with the other midfield spot being taken by Petrov, Herd or Gardner.  We're looking pretty good going forward, so any combination of Bent, Gabby, Ireland, N'Zogbia, Albrighton and Bannan has goals in it.

And we may have those new fullbacks already at the club.

So I wouldn't knock 6 new faces, but I think we could vastly improve with less.

That's if you think Clark can cut it as a top class CB.
At the moment I'd settle for a semi-competent centre-back before I start worrying about whether they are 'top class'.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 01:34:10 PM »
Having Herd back will help out in protecting the back 4. He chases down everything like a dog with two dicks.

Next season a young brigade of Herd, Gardner, Clark, Johnson, Bannan and Delph will be competing for places in the midfield. I'd like insurance against Stan not lasting to be honest. He's having a renaissance but how long before he's breathing through his arse again? An experienced midfield general would do nicely.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 01:36:06 PM »
 I bet Bent thinks to himself we/I need to score 3 goals to have any chance of winning the game because of our awful defence .

Offline Villanation

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 01:37:57 PM »
I bet Bent thinks to himself we/I need to score 3 goals to have any chance of winning the game because of our awful defence .

I bet he thinks what defence!!!

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 01:43:03 PM »
Having Herd back will help out in protecting the back 4. He chases down everything like a dog with two dicks.

Next season a young brigade of Herd, Gardner, Clark, Johnson, Bannan and Delph will be competing for places in the midfield. I'd like insurance against Stan not lasting to be honest. He's having a renaissance but how long before he's breathing through his arse again? An experienced midfield general would do nicely.

I agree.

I'd be looking for this new player to form a central partnership with one of Clark, Herd or Gardner, with Stan kept for another year as the experienced back up.  Plus, as I mentioned above, having 5 for 2 places is healthy enough that you can use Clark at CB.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2012, 04:39:15 PM »

Imagine how easy it must be for him to score in training against our lot...
I bet he thinks what defence!!!

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2012, 04:52:21 PM »
I'd like to see us clear the decks in the summer. With the exception of a few key men and our youngsters I'd like to see quite a few of them go. Even some of the players who've done a good job for us and might still have something to give should go (Petrov and Dunne being the two that spring to mind). Not just the three or four who are out of contract.

Of course the question marks over that will be whether Lerner is prepared to to fund new signings to replace them and whether the likes of Hutton and Warnock will be willing to leave or even if anybody is willing to take them.

Offline VillaSpen

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2012, 07:53:46 AM »

My dog chases bugger-all and he's only got the standard issue solitary penis.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2012, 08:21:56 AM »
Can't for the life of me what gives you any confidence about Bannan Maz, admit he has good control but he is so lightweight.

Offline WarleyWonder

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2012, 12:02:41 PM »
I think we definitely need 6 players and hopefully we've done a bit of scouting throughout the world and we can get good value and quality.

As I see it the new DCM frees up Clark to play CB.  So once that's done it should stiffen the spine of the side, leaving the fullbacks spots to be sorted, with the other midfield spot being taken by Petrov, Herd or Gardner.  We're looking pretty good going forward, so any combination of Bent, Gabby, Ireland, N'Zogbia, Albrighton and Bannan has goals in it.

And we may have those new fullbacks already at the club.

So I wouldn't knock 6 new faces, but I think we could vastly improve with less.

That's if you think Clark can cut it as a top class CB.
At the moment I'd settle for a semi-competent centre-back before I start worrying about whether they are 'top class'.

Semi competent not good enough I'm afraid we need good confident players at the back.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal