collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stephen Warnock - loaned to Bolton Wanderers (reply #231)  (Read 65629 times)

Offline shipscat

• I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
Re: Stephen Warnock - loaned to Bolton Wanderers (reply #231)
« Reply #300 on: January 03, 2013, 01:48:35 PM »
Think we're playing a little hardball here with him and his agent

Undoubtedly we want rid,but as he's in demand,to a degree,added to his advisors want some sort of reparation for us moving him on,we'll sit tight,recall,and make him wonder.

He's not going to get what we've paid him,but does he take the risk of injury or loss of suitors whilst he waits for June,or does he go now with our goodwill.We won't get a fee,but we sure as hell won't reimburse him the difference in wages.I can see this being a likely scenario with a couple at B6 over this month.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #301 on: January 03, 2013, 01:49:28 PM »
He can't come he has got nowhere to live.

'elp a Villa player out and let him kip on your floor for a few nights while he gets himself sorted, won't ya?

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #302 on: January 03, 2013, 01:52:24 PM »
He can't come he has got nowhere to live.

'elp a Villa player out and let him kip on your floor for a few nights while he gets himself sorted, won't ya?

I bet the inside of his car is better than some homes

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #303 on: January 03, 2013, 02:21:52 PM »
I think if we let Warnock anywhere near the side his only contribution would be taking the baton from Hodge.

The crowd wouldn't be so accepting of his mistakes and he would have many.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #304 on: January 03, 2013, 03:46:08 PM »
If he got his act together and stopped being such a wanker then as a player, talent alone he could really help us. There also has to be a reason that no clubs bar Bolton wanted to give a player that went to the World Cup only a couple of years ago a chance to help them. Makes no sense.

Where is the evidence to say he is or has been a wanker as you put it.  I don't see a player demanding to leave, feeling sorry for himself, coming out with much in the press (although if I have missed it let me know and his Mrs' stupid tweet doesn't count).  Houllier didn't fancy him much at Liverpool so there was history there and Lambert has decided he wants to go with youth, not to mention the clear requirement to trim the wage bill of the high earners (see Bent, Hutton).

He was a quality player when we bought him, suffered a massive dip in form during a shit season for the whole team, he then got dogs abuse from the crowd in some games which no doubt did his confidence the world of good.  But through all that I never saw his effort drop.  Given the injury situation, I would at least play him on Saturday but I guess that doesn't suit the hierarchy given that an incoming buyer would not want him cup tied.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #305 on: January 03, 2013, 03:54:58 PM »
If he got his act together and stopped being such a wanker then as a player, talent alone he could really help us. There also has to be a reason that no clubs bar Bolton wanted to give a player that went to the World Cup only a couple of years ago a chance to help them. Makes no sense.

Where is the evidence to say he is or has been a wanker as you put it.  I don't see a player demanding to leave, feeling sorry for himself, coming out with much in the press (although if I have missed it let me know and his Mrs' stupid tweet doesn't count).  Houllier didn't fancy him much at Liverpool so there was history there and Lambert has decided he wants to go with youth, not to mention the clear requirement to trim the wage bill of the high earners (see Bent, Hutton).

He was a quality player when we bought him, suffered a massive dip in form during a shit season for the whole team, he then got dogs abuse from the crowd in some games which no doubt did his confidence the world of good.  But through all that I never saw his effort drop.  Given the injury situation, I would at least play him on Saturday but I guess that doesn't suit the hierarchy given that an incoming buyer would not want him cup tied.

It has to take a lot for a manager to tell a player outright that he is no longer wanted to the point of making him train with the reserves or kids and not at all with the first team. Warnock even started the season with the first team yet within a few weeks of preseason he was vanquished. I think he's a decent player. I think his confidence took a battering playing in his natural position as absymally as anyone has ever played that position in a Villa kit. That doesn't help. But there has to be more to the eye if like I said not one club came in for him until Bolton did and really, he's been on the outside looking for the best part of two years.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #306 on: January 03, 2013, 04:15:59 PM »
Wasn't there a comment from someone at the club that he spent most of last season building up a blame culture that focused almost entirely on the kids and absolved him and the other senior players of any guilt in our poor form?  I'm sure I read something like that on one of the forums.

Aside from that, any criticism he got from fans last year was thoroughly deserved, some of his performances were so poor you'd be forgiven for thinking he was doing it on purpose.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #307 on: January 03, 2013, 04:18:58 PM »
I was told by a very reliable source that Warnock and Dunne turned up for training one morning half cut, during the Houllier season.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #308 on: January 04, 2013, 06:41:32 AM »
I was told by a very reliable source that Warnock and Dunne turned up for training one morning half cut, during the Houllier season.

The should've been sacked then.  Or shot. 

As for Warnock, he used to be good, went to shit then became a complete liability.  He appears to be a poisonous infulence in a dressing room which makes it bizarre anybody might want him back in a team full of kids with confidence issues.  I mean, he couldn't be any worse that Lichaj at left back, but no, no and thrice NO.  This last fortnight could only be made worse by watching old slippery feet trip  over the Villa park turf as a nippy winger rushes past and scores again. 

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #309 on: January 04, 2013, 10:01:30 AM »
Yes I agree it's totally bizarre.  We have an injury list that would fill a whole NHS ward, a team of average age 23 totally devoid of confidence after their last 4 games delivered a return of 2~17.  And finally a player picking up 40k a week, doing f all to earn it and by not playing his values deteriorates by the week.  Yes utterly bizarre that we should even consider playing such a person.

Offline dekko

« Reply #310 on: January 04, 2013, 11:40:43 AM »
Wasn't there a comment from someone at the club that he spent most of last season building up a blame culture that focused almost entirely on the kids and absolved him and the other senior players of any guilt in our poor form?  I'm sure I read something like that on one of the forums.

A bloke I know worked in the press office for a few years and he thinks that was to case, also they said something similar on the Graun's football podcast

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal