collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stephen Warnock - loaned to Bolton Wanderers (reply #231)  (Read 65418 times)

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
Re: Stephen Warnock
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2012, 08:03:40 AM »
That being said I thought Dunne was as much as fault for the own goal tonight. Tracked the ball all the way, rose like a salmon and missed it under no pressure by at least a foot. Jesus.

Dunne missed the ball by so much that I thought Warnock must have called him off.

After the OG, I would have liked to have seen Petrov and/or Dunne go up to Warnock and at least give him some words of encouragement.

Agree with both of these, there's a real lack of leadership.

Someone should have been straight over to him, rallying him. Keeping his head up.

I felt sorry for him, hopefully that's the worst it gets for him and he gets his act together.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2012, 08:07:42 AM »
What disappointed me was that none of our players said anything to him after it happened, I'd have hoped at least our captain would have had a word with him. Again show the lack of togetherness in the squad. 

Didn't Given go and put an arm round him straight after ?
Mind you, we dont know what he said to him.

Given just kinda pushed his head away

Offline spirit of 82

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2012, 08:08:55 AM »
definetly no leadership on pitch,Petrov's body language gave the impression he couldn't give a toss.

Offline eastie

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2012, 08:24:40 AM »
Just watching the game again and warnocks awful crossfield pass lost possession leading to their 1st goal too- mcleish cannot continue with this defence - lets give Clark, baker lichaj and Stevens a few games before the summer and see what they can do.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2012, 08:29:55 AM »
What disappointed me was that none of our players said anything to him after it happened, I'd have hoped at least our captain would have had a word with him. Again show the lack of togetherness in the squad. 

Didn't Given go and put an arm round him straight after ?
Mind you, we dont know what he said to him.

Given did go up to Warnock but only after Steve had been on the floor in shock for a minute or so.

As the senior outfield players, I still think that at least one of Dunne or Petrov should have gone over to him straight away.

Offline rutski

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2012, 08:34:41 AM »
definetly no leadership on pitch,Petrov's body language gave the impression he couldn't give a toss.
load of arse, stan has been one of the better players this season and his effort has been phenominal. not giving a toss is not a label you can throw at petrov!

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2012, 08:36:51 AM »
load of arse, stan has been one of the better players this season and his effort has been phenominal. not giving a toss is not a label you can throw at petrov!

Quite.

He was excellent in the second half last night.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2012, 08:38:24 AM »
Just because he played well doesn't mean he was a leader. Keane was the only leader out there last night.

Online ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2012, 08:38:35 AM »
The thing is he tries, he puts in, and you could see for the rest of the game he was trying to make amends. The problem is he was rubbish before that incident and has been for a long time now, same with Hutton he was getting forward all throught he game, obviously playing to orders, they are both very ordinary players trying their hardest but will never be good enough.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2012, 08:47:35 AM »
I wouldn't boo one of our players that is madness, but he does need to be dropped.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2012, 08:47:43 AM »
I'll go back to it but Mcleish said he'd drop players when they were not performing on the pitch, has proved to be bollocks again, Where is this Stevens? Why not introduce him slowly? Why not play Clark at LB? Who plays there for the reserves?

Can blame the chairman as well for not investing in new Defenders in Jan when its quite obvious to everyone that our defence is fucking terrible

Offline markeeeebeeee2005

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2012, 08:49:23 AM »
I might have a bit more time for him and his shit performances, and yes they have been shit, if he wasn't such a dick when Houllier was here.

Gerard found him out and now everyone else is. I hope he realises how crap he has been, and is working his nuts off to turn it around with extra training etc. Somehow doubt it, big time Charlie.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2012, 08:50:07 AM »
I'll go back to it but Mcleish said he'd drop players when they were not performing on the pitch, has proved to be bollocks again, Where is this Stevens? Why not introduce him slowly? Why not play Clark at LB? Who plays there for the reserves?

Can blame the chairman as well for not investing in new Defenders in Jan when its quite obvious to everyone that our defence is fucking terrible

He did drop Warnock a couple of games ago who then came on as sub and did a lot better. He now needs to be dropped again, for a longer time. No way should he move Clark out of midfield though. One of Stevens, Baker or Lichaj should get a chance.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2012, 09:00:35 AM »
I might have a bit more time for him and his shit performances, and yes they have been shit, if he wasn't such a dick when Houllier was here.

Gerard found him out and now everyone else is. I hope he realises how crap he has been, and is working his nuts off to turn it around with extra training etc. Somehow doubt it, big time Charlie.

I think his confidence is so low he can't get his act together.

Booing him was ridiculous, like he meant to score such a great goal !!

Wayne Bridge to O'Neill's latest army looking like one we genuinely missed out on.

Offline markeeeebeeee2005

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2012, 09:09:02 AM »
Agree with you Tim however poor he is playing no excuse for booing him.

Absolutely fine to vent frustration on here though.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal