collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stephen Warnock - loaned to Bolton Wanderers (reply #231)  (Read 65416 times)

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Stephen Warnock
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 12:31:31 AM »
We would have won 6-0 if the left backs swapped.

Offline 1_Pablo_Angel

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 12:33:18 AM »
He's been crap since getting into the England squad ahead of the wc over 2 years ago.

The time to pull his socks up has long since past. I have never booed a Villa player on the pitch, and I was too busy laughing to  change that tonight. But I certainly don't have much regard for that wankers feelings, considering a) what I've heard about his attitude and b) the sheer length of time he's been crap for.

Get rid and good riddance.

Offline 1_Pablo_Angel

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 12:35:37 AM »
That being said I thought Dunne was as much as fault for the own goal tonight. Tracked the ball all the way, rose like a salmon and missed it under no pressure by at least a foot. Jesus.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 12:54:00 AM »
The only positive I can give Warnock tonight is that I've seen him play far worse this season.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 12:59:32 AM »
The only positive I can give Warnock tonight is that I've seen him play far worse this season.

If he were a horse they would have shot him long ago. Can't see how or why he should ever play for us again. Useless.

Online Brend'Watkins

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2012, 01:16:30 AM »
The thing is, I really don't think he gives a f*** about the team or the club.  He's a less evident Hodge like character whose ability has deserted him many years ago.  It was recognized by MON and Houllier fairly quickly in their tenure. Why has AM persisted when there are more options, not far better options but better options.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2012, 01:16:36 AM »
The sad thing is his recent away performances (Chelsea, Wolves when he was brought on to keep Kightly quiet) have been pretty good. He, and I daresay a few other players, get nervous at Villa Park when they know there's likely to be audible tuts and boos and abuse when they drop a bollock.  As is our right. The much bandied about ''character'' in footballers, ours anyway, seems on the shaky side.

Online Brend'Watkins

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2012, 01:28:22 AM »
The sad thing is his recent away performances (Chelsea, Wolves when he was brought on to keep Kightly quiet) have been pretty good. He, and I daresay a few other players, get nervous at Villa Park when they know there's likely to be audible tuts and boos and abuse when they drop a bollock.  As is our right. The much bandied about ''character'' in footballers, ours anyway, seems on the shaky side.

Sorry eamonn I'm not in the mood of giving seasoned multi millionaire footballers the emotional home game get out clause just because a few more people get on their case because they are playing shit week after week and costing the team points. 

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2012, 01:39:20 AM »
I'm not saying you should. I was trying to point out the much used word ''character'' in football to me really means not letting the fans or opposition get to your head and carry on regardless. Warnock clearly suffers from a lack of that.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2012, 01:48:45 AM »
Or maybe it's a case of when confidence is low the moans and boos really do get to players? I don't recall Wright, Nelson, Charles, Samuel etc getting better when they were club fullback scapegoats either.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2012, 02:57:14 AM »
The thing is, I really don't think he gives a f*** about the team or the club.  He's a less evident Hodge like character whose ability has deserted him many years ago.  It was recognized by MON and Houllier fairly quickly in their tenure. Why has AM persisted when there are more options, not far better options but better options.

Rubbish.  I think his reaction to the o.g. contradicts your view that he doesn't give a f***.  Poor bloke was devastated.  I don't rate him, and he's been a liability for a long while now, but he sorted his head out enough to have a decent second half (despite being booed) and I think he deserves a bit of credit for that.  And MON signed him and got at least one good year out of him, so to say "it was recognized by him fairly quickly in his tenure" is nonsense.  He was one of MON's favourites.   For all his many faults, MON instilled a confidence in limited players that made them play above themselves; if that confidence goes their limitations are shown up, and that's what's happening with a lot of MON signings.  I'm not sympathetic exactly, they're extremely well paid sportsmen, I expect a decent level of ability and commitment from them all, but if we've got confidence players then booing them is only going to make them worse.  To put him in the same bracket as Hodge is very harsh.  And who are these better options?  Lichaj's been injured for months.  Who would you play left back?

Offline eastie

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2012, 06:15:04 AM »
Warnock looked a decent left sided midfielder at Coventry and when he played there for Blackburn- hes
too easily exposed at left back though and I see no reason not to give Stevens and lichaj a run in the team- Warnock and Hutton have cost us too many games.

Online UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2012, 07:35:42 AM »
That being said I thought Dunne was as much as fault for the own goal tonight. Tracked the ball all the way, rose like a salmon and missed it under no pressure by at least a foot. Jesus.

Dunne missed the ball by so much that I thought Warnock must have called him off.

After the OG, I would have liked to have seen Petrov and/or Dunne go up to Warnock and at least give him some words of encouragement.

Offline Holtemeister

• Location: Living in Birmingham (just) but definately still a Yam Yam
  • GM : 22.07.2016
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2012, 07:38:10 AM »
He's shit................

but he's our shit ...... Criticise him and Hutton all you like but until they are,taken out of the team, booing is only going to make things worse.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2012, 08:03:23 AM »
What disappointed me was that none of our players said anything to him after it happened, I'd have hoped at least our captain would have had a word with him. Again show the lack of togetherness in the squad. 

Didn't Given go and put an arm round him straight after ?
Mind you, we dont know what he said to him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal