collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stephen Warnock - loaned to Bolton Wanderers (reply #231)  (Read 65635 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Stephen Warnock - loaned to Bolton Wanderers (reply #231)
« on: February 01, 2012, 11:29:33 PM »
As annoyed as I was at Warnock's calamitous blunder, I do actually feel sorry for the guy. There was no need for the booing aimed at him.

Well done. Boo one of our players. That's really going to help, isn't it? He hardly did it on purpose. Morons.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 03:40:18 PM by Dave »

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
Re: Stephen Warnock
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 11:32:14 PM »
It was a ridiculous header (all the more perplexing considering he nearly did exactly the same against Everton) but resorting to booing your own players is mindless.'

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 11:32:57 PM »
He's really struggling at the moment and probably needs a spell out the first team. It's obvious he's shot of confidence and fair play to him for not hiding.

Reminds me a bit of when Samuel went through a similar thing.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 11:34:55 PM »
He needs to be dropped. That's been clear for a while, as - with a few exceptions - he's been very poor this season. Certainly, the exceptions go nowhere near enough to outweighing the poor performances.

The problem is, we've got nobody to drop him for. Throwing Stevens in is a big ask.

I agree, booing him during the match doesn't help, but he's been so poor of late that people are just getting frustrated.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 11:36:31 PM »
I agree, booing is not going to help at all.

They guy has no confidence whatsoever. He's shit and needs to be dropped, but when playing, there's no point in booing him.

Offline phantom limb

• GM : 05.02.2021
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 11:39:56 PM »
He needs to toddle off with Heskey and Beye at the end of the season, he's been utter gash for quite a while now.

Offline myf

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 11:41:23 PM »
I would normally agree but i just don't like the guy, especially after the rumours about how he showed gh a lack of respect. can't bel he scored that after an almost identical one against everton. not convinced he is overly bothered about the villa or regaining his form

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 11:41:33 PM »
Hard to believe at 'the moment but I'm convinced there's a very good footballer in there somewhere but he's shot of confidence. He's never been quite the same since being rushed back from injury for the league cup final either.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 11:43:10 PM »
Whilst he has been pretty poor this season, scoring an own goal like that and seeing his reaction after it showed that he does have some awareness of what is happening.

The were plenty of people shouting words of encouragement to him from where I was sat in the Trinity, as to whether he heard them at that point I've no idea.

What disappointed me was that none of our players said anything to him after it happened, I'd have hoped at least our captain would have had a word with him. Again show the lack of togetherness in the squad. 

Offline Barca 2011

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 11:43:28 PM »
Very poor player at the moment, needs to be taken out of the firing line for
his own good and our sanity.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 11:47:29 PM »
Needs to be dropped. Looks in bits to my mind. Wouldn't stick a yoof player in though because its the whole back line and i don't think its fair to have a kid cope with that. Must be a half decent left-back looking for a club who can do an okay job for 5 months. I'm not sure if he's got a long term career at the villa but now he's been targeted by the boo boys its not gonna help him being exposed to the abuse, especially as they're likely to blame him for any mistake that happens now. And with that lot you know the next one is only a game away.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 11:54:34 PM »
I bet Hutton is pleased Warnock did that tonight.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 12:07:45 AM »
Wouldn't boo him (I don't like booing especially when it's one of ours) but I make no secret of the fact that I really cannot stand him. The sooner we get shot of him the better.

He hasn't performed well for us (barring one or two games) for almost two years now and seems to be getting poorer by the game. He desperately needs to get a rest for the sake of his own sanity as every error (even when like tonight I'd argue that it was a bit unlucky) will send his confidence further into subterranean levels.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 12:12:00 AM »
As annoyed as I was at Warnock's calamitous blunder, I do actually feel sorry for the guy. There was no need for the booing aimed at him.

Well done. Boo one of our players. That's really going to help, isn't it? He hardly did it on purpose. Morons.

Agreed. It was shameful.

Offline Handsworth Wood Villa

• TRS-T
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 12:20:22 AM »
We should have signed Taye Taiwo who was playing at left-back for QPR tonight.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal