collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: This week's jollity.  (Read 9631 times)

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
Re: This week's jollity.
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2012, 01:31:07 PM »
The whole point of Twitter seems to me to give another outlet for the self-important to air their views.
Nail on head mate

Also was Saunders not quoted as saying "If i did not give Morely a bollocking every game he would have thought i had fallen out with him"

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2012, 09:47:48 PM »
Comparing Tony Morely and Charles N'Gob  is like comparing apples and oral thrush though.

Players these days are mollycottled, delicate flowers at the best of times. 

I have no huge sympathy for 60k per week CNZ, but -by the same token- I thought it was pretty clear that his comment wasn't directed at Newcastle fans giving him stick during the match.  Or the Villa fans who reacted to his comments later. 

'First time in my life I'm not happy playing football' sounds like an ongoing issue.  Not something that just happened on Sunday.   And yes, being replaced my a useless lummox like Heskey can't have helped matters either.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 09:49:41 PM by KevinGage »

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2012, 09:41:57 AM »
I beg to differ Kevin, to me it looked like a player in a bit of a huff after being substituted and venting his annoyance on Twitter, nothing more, and nothing that wasn't probably laughed off the next day at training. After all, he subsequently tweeted something about what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, which looks to me like he got over it and wants to bounce back in the next game.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2012, 09:51:36 AM »
The whole point of Twitter seems to me to give another outlet for the self-important to air their views.
Nail on head mate

Also was Saunders not quoted as saying "If i did not give Morely a bollocking every game he would have thought i had fallen out with him"

When you're a successful manager, you can get away with pretty much anything, especially 30 years ago when players weren't the spoilt prima donnas they are these days.  We have a club that's badly run from top to bottom, with a clueless owner appointing a crap manager, who can't cope with a mediocre bunch of players, including his own main signing.  N'Zogbia's comments were just further evidence of the deep malaise at the club.  When was the last time we had any genuinely good news coming out of the club?

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2012, 10:21:33 AM »
the main thing is not whether he meant it or not, or was talking about the manager, his own personal form or anything else, as soon as its in the public doman its open to interpretation and the traditional media to shit stir about. Its exactly what we found with the General's thread, in that it as either banal plattitudes or something that caused trouble whether it was meant that way or not. The club should ban all players from posting on twitter instead of encouraging it. They should remember the crap that the pointless tiff with John Lerwill caused.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 10:23:45 AM by Greg N'Ash »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal