collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: What would you do?  (Read 11773 times)

Offline Rick_avfc

Re: What would you do?
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2012, 04:24:27 PM »
Delph at CB is a massive no no! Not sure what was going through your mind when that was suggested.
Nzog at left back is a very good shout in my opinion.  When Lichaj is fit then he should be right back.  My back four would be

Lichaj   Dunne  Collins  Nzog

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2012, 04:29:21 PM »
Six years in to Randy's glorious reign, and we're talking about N'Zogbia at left back, and Heskey or Delph in central defence. Christ on a bike.

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2012, 04:32:56 PM »
Six years in to Randy's glorious reign, and we're talking about N'Zogbia at left back, and Heskey or Delph in central defence. Christ on a bike.

Or Moses on a skateboard.

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2012, 04:37:04 PM »

Re: Nzog at leftback, maybe thats because he has played there before and cant do any worse than Warnock?
As for Delph at CB, I really have no idea what was on their minds when that was suggested

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2012, 04:37:22 PM »

When you put it like that... Wasn't somebody on about bringing in Ridgewell recently or was I having a nightmare?

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2012, 04:40:54 PM »

Delph at CB was a suggestion by our old friend the Gnasher, so can be filed with any number of his other pearls of wisdom in your nearest convenient bin.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 04:46:48 PM by John M'Zog »

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2012, 04:44:51 PM »

When you put it like that... Wasn't somebody on about bringing in Ridgewell recently or was I having a nightmare?

I seem to remember a lot of people stating what a good signing Hutton was at the time. I think it's called cognitive dissonance; when people convince themselves that a negative event is actually a positive, and become more and more entrenched, regardless of the evidence.

Online nigel

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2012, 04:47:44 PM »
We could do the big change ready for next season with:
                               Given
            Lichaj    Cuellar   Clark     Stevens

Albrighton  Herd  Gardner Bannan   N'Zog

Gabby

Obviously injuries permitting.
At the moment I feel Bent might be a luxury we can't afford. I would try and get Andy Carrol from Liverpool, simply because he puts it about more than DB. I would also consider Garys brother to give us some bite in the midfield.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2012, 04:49:41 PM »
I see nothing wrong with being positive about the Hutton signing at the time.  Relatively young Scottish international who Spurs paid a lot of money for, but struggled to get into their team.  Seemed a decent move to me, so I won't go back and retrospectively ciriticise it because he hasn't worked out yet. 

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2012, 04:56:16 PM »
At the moment I feel Bent might be a luxury we can't afford. I would try and get Andy Carrol from Liverpool, simply because he puts it about more than DB.

Would Carrol have scored that chance yesterday ?  Errr I dont think so!  Have you not see Carrol's scoring record since he joined LFC and this season?  If we had him, we would be in the bottom 3 for sure.
What makes you think we cant afford him?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2012, 04:57:15 PM »
Carroll is being found out - half a decent season in the PL for Newcastle, lots of goals in the Championship, and he goes for £35m.

Absolute madness.

Offline Hoppo

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2012, 04:59:23 PM »
Were being run on a budget with both eyes on the UEFA financial rules. Nothing more nothing less. There is no agenda. There are no wealthy Arab buyers. Randy isnt looking to sell. He would sell if a buyer comes in with wads of cash but that buyer in the present circumstances besetting the world isnt out there. Saying that we have to go with what we have though each senior defender has to be on the get rid of list. Why is it that the biggest critics of everything Villa on this forum are the ones who never set foot in Villa Park?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2012, 05:09:59 PM »
I think it is about more than the UEFA fair play rules. They only apply when you're actually in Europe, anyway.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2012, 05:12:32 PM »
And I reckon we are just about the only club who is going to play by the rules. I doubt that our management are the only ones who have realised that they are coming in, especially considering the aptitude for football club management they have exhibited in recent times.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2012, 05:16:46 PM »
Carroll is being found out - half a decent season in the PL for Newcastle, lots of goals in the Championship, and he goes for £35m.

Absolute madness.

He didn't even score that many in the Championship. 19 in 40, imagine how many Bent would get in 40 Championship games playing for a team that romped to the title.

Andy Carroll for £35mill has to be one of the biggest moments of madness in a sport that has never ending money madness.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal