collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: pubs for Arsenal  (Read 3974 times)

Offline The Walshmeister

pubs for Arsenal
« on: January 28, 2012, 05:18:51 PM »
Any decent/big boozers for villa meet ups tomorrow? Post code would be good?

see you up the bar.

UTV

Offline Kingthing

Re: pubs for Arsenal
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 08:40:08 PM »

We'll be in the 12pins at 12 over the road from the entrance to Finsbury Park Tube.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 09:46:48 PM »
Some good pubs in Finsbury Park. There will be loads of Villa there.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 09:47:37 PM »
i shall be giving the 12 pins a miss,
 i will be getting into london quite early and heading of in the direction of Leicester sqaure, picadilly and covent garden and have a few beers in as many different pubs as i can find in the time, then maybe something to eat in Chinatown before heading of to Arsenal  station later on

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 10:00:56 PM »
 i will be getting into london quite early and heading of in the direction of Leicester sqaure, picadilly and covent garden and have a few beers in as many different pubs as i can find in the time, then maybe something to eat in Chinatown before heading of to Arsenal  station later on

Please don't.  They're pretty much all shitty tourist traps in the locations you've identified.
You'd be better off getting off at Angel and walking up Upper Street.  There are some really nice boozers along there especially if you're happy to get off the main drag (Upper street).  The end of Upper Street is Highbury & Islington tube which means you're almost at the ground.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 10:12:54 PM »

Please don't.  They're pretty much all shitty tourist traps in the locations you've identified.
You'd be better off getting off at Angel and walking up Upper Street.  There are some really nice boozers along there especially if you're happy to get off the main drag (Upper street).  The end of Upper Street is Highbury & Islington tube which means you're almost at the ground.

your probably right mate,
 but i am a tourist, i will be there with me son, and find it more interesting in the popular area's, seeing this and that, not just a few back streets of London, i'm not even looking for special beer pubs either as i drink Guiness and the lad drinks Cider,

could change are plans though you never know we are free and easy thelma and louising it tomorow, including the throwing of the cliff bit if we lose

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 10:27:50 PM »
Chinese New Year celebrations in chinatown tomorrow, so will be busy a f*ck.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 10:29:52 PM »
Chinese New Year celebrations in chinatown tomorrow, so will be busy a f*ck.
Also in Harrow. Harrow, how are you?

Offline Bryan

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 10:58:07 PM »
I'm a Finsbury Park resident, and there's plenty of pubs around here near the stadium. Avoid the Worlds End (Arsenal Pub) but the Faltering Fullback is a good spot, as is (if you're willing to walk up Stroud Green Road) the Stapleton for a decent beer and some grub.

Otherwise, as mentioned, Upper Street near Angel/Islington has plenty of bars.

Offline bob

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 11:09:55 PM »
Well played, DC5.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 05:50:52 AM »

your probably right mate,
 but i am a tourist, i will be there with me son, and find it more interesting in the popular area's, seeing this and that, not just a few back streets of London, i'm not even looking for special beer pubs either as i drink Guiness and the lad drinks Cider,

could change are plans though you never know we are free and easy thelma and louising it tomorow, including the throwing of the cliff bit if we lose
The garden Bar near Highbury and Islington Tube is worth a look. My favourite pubs are around Kentish Town, not that far from the Emirates, but a bit of a mission to get to / from on a match day.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal