collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is it wrong.....  (Read 10301 times)

Offline The Man With A Stick

Re: Is it wrong.....
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2012, 02:32:55 PM »
I went to the cup game at Old Trafford with my mate in O'Neill's first season, didn't have any trouble.  It was fairly obvious that I was a Villa fan as I sat in stony silence when they scored, but I didn't go mad when Baros scored either.  It's all about being respectful and not doing anything daft.

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2012, 02:36:21 PM »
Depends on the area of the ground. If I were to bring anyone, it would be in the trinity rather than, say, the holte.

True.  Ive got tickets for the North stand upper so shouldnt be too bad especially as he has a young lad.  I said to him for a laugh that we will sit in the Holte end and he questioned why and I said because thats where all the died hard fans sit.  He then said no as he would get battered and I said "thats the point!" lol 

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2012, 02:49:11 PM »
... to want to live on your own?
No it's not wrong but I must know.

Watched from the home end away to Man City in the mid 90s. Almost caused myself a mischief trying to suppress my laughter at Keith Curle's pathetic penalty miss. Tried to look enthusiastic at their late winner.

Offline Rich6by7

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2012, 06:55:30 PM »
My first trip to VP as a Villa fan (if you asked me who I supported as an eight-year-old, I'd have said "Liverpool"- I'm not proud of this, but it can be attributed to coming from a town without a league club of its own, and not actually being very interested in football, so I would say I supported the most successful team of the age. My Dad managed to get tickets for Villa v Liverpool in the late 80s, (2-2 draw, they scored in the first minute and that's all I can remember) hence I was supporting the opposition the first time I attended VP! Anyone else got a story like this?) was in 1995 when we were played off the park by West Ham, 0-2. My friends and I were in the upper Witton Lane and it was pretty obvious we were surrounded by West Ham fans. No intervention from the stewards that I noticed, and it was particularly sickening to have to listen to them singing "I'm forever blowing bubbles" as they played us off the park. Luckily, I kept the faith...

Since then, I've attended games against Forest, Spurs and Bolton at home with friends supporting those teams without any aggro, and I've gone undercover at Old Trafford, although I was surrounded by tourists so it pobably wouldn't have made any difference if I'd celebrated our goal then. It's not an issue as long as the fan in the wrong stand shows some respect.

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2012, 07:24:59 PM »
I've taken a Blues fan (I did wash the seat afterwards don't worry) to non-Blues games before, and even with him taking the piss out of us and me trying to out him as a Bluenose no one took a second glance.

Though that was in the very upper reaches of the Trinity against Blackpool last year.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2012, 12:44:00 AM »
I was in the Wolves end last Saturday, first time I'd ever done it. Kept quiet after all 3 goals. I was probably more noticable when getting frustrated at our inept attempts to kill the game off in the 8 mins of injury time. I was sat with a friend of my Dad's. I consider away fans in home end ok if they're with a home fan and show respect. I've had Liverpool and Leeds fans in with me at Villa before now and, strangely, an Everton fan in the away end at Goodison.

I would feel a bit dirty if the friend was a Manure fan I think.

Completely agree with this though. Beyond the pale.
I took my old man to the FA cup match against Utd - the one when they kept going on the pitch from the Witton lane. He's been loads of times with me before in the Holte to watch Villa, so knew to keep shtum if they scored. He couldn't help himself though when the 3rd went in and had to surpress a reactive half cheer. This caught the attention of some idiots behind us who started having a go. I had to make it known I was Villa and he was with me. Don't think he even said another word after that!

Offline preston28

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2012, 05:28:22 PM »
Looking at going to Blackburn with my 2 kids and sitting in their family stand, if they have one? Is this so wrong?

I took my son the the semi-final away leg with my Rovers supporting father in law. My son, who was 11 at the time jumped up when Milner scored and he got a load of grief from a 50 year old bald fool who told him to 'f**k off' and then went and told the stewards who thankfully did sod all!

Offline littlevillain

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2012, 10:02:27 PM »
done it loads of times blues and leeds being the worst. Got sussed by other chelmsley blues lads in the kop and had to leave, then was with my dads mate at leeds in their end 80/81. He weren't a trouble maker but didn't give a shit  and went ballistic when we scored!, as u can imagine in the leeds end what happened next. Good old days.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2012, 11:19:19 PM »
done it loads of times blues and leeds being the worst. Got sussed by other chelmsley blues lads in the kop and had to leave, then was with my dads mate at leeds in their end 80/81. He weren't a trouble maker but didn't give a shit  and went ballistic when we scored!, as u can imagine in the leeds end what happened next. Good old days.
It would have been just as bad at the other end with the loonies they used to have prowling around in there.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2012, 09:53:34 AM »
I did it at Leeds once and by some amazing coincidence ended up sitting right in front of the only Leeds fan I knew at the Army base I was at. We went 1-0 up (Saunders) and he spent the rest of the game threatening to dob me in, then Leeds equalised so I was saved!
He wouldn't have done it (I don't think) but there were some scary blokes in there. We both ended up amazingly drunk in Wakefield afterwards.

Offline Lee

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/BlackCountryVilla/
  • GM : Jul, 2014
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2012, 01:49:46 PM »
Depends. I brought 2 Wolves Fans last year, but I wouldn't bring Tescos Fans with me for example

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal