collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 09:32:52 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:30:40 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:28:41 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 09:26:55 PM]

Diego Carlos by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:23:18 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Drummond
[Today at 09:20:21 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by algy
[Today at 09:18:36 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by AV84
[Today at 09:01:25 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is it wrong.....  (Read 10352 times)

Offline Hoppo

Re: Is it wrong.....
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2012, 11:48:12 AM »
Ive sat in a few 'home' ends and if you behave and keep quiet its fine. I even did it for the cup game last season when that ' lanky streak of piss Zigic' got the winner. Still dont know why I had 200 Lulus running after me down Garrison Lane!

Offline stuart r

• Location: Highley (Home of the Gerry Hitchens Fitness Suite at the local leisure centre- He started his career with Highley Miners Welfare)
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2012, 11:56:49 AM »
Nervously stood on the Trent End terraces in 93 (1-0 McGrath header) but then it became apparant there were hundreds of Villa fans in there so it was fine. Celebrated the goal as if it was the away end (well maybe not quite) and had a great view of the away support celebrating at the other end.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 11:59:48 AM by stuart r »

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2012, 12:13:14 PM »
I often bring friends to VP and watch a good many away games with them in the home end.  Even get away with mild celebrations most of the time too.  Was up at Anfield a couple of years ago when we won 3-1 with my wife's cousin in his corporate seats in the centenary stand and went quite mad when we scored and they were fine!  It's all about being sensible and showing respect I think.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2012, 12:27:29 PM »
A few of us went in corporate at Liverpool when they were rebuilding the Annie Rd End as no away tickets were sold. Kept ourselves to ourselves, with no colours on, but they were twats in there.
Sat among home fans at West Ham in the mid 80s. The steward had sussed us out but we managed to survive. I hate sitting with the opposition and would only do it if no other option.
Safe enough at Villa Park, depending where you sit. If the away fan celebrates a goal, he will get turned on.

Online montague

• GM : 13.12.2015
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2012, 01:02:43 PM »
I often bring friends to VP and watch a good many away games with them in the home end.  Even get away with mild celebrations most of the time too.  Was up at Anfield a couple of years ago when we won 3-1 with my wife's cousin in his corporate seats in the centenary stand and went quite mad when we scored and they were fine!  It's all about being sensible and showing respect I think.

Agree with that - most areas of most grounds are okay and VP is no different, as long as you are sensible. Ive done it myself (Anfield, Selhurst) and cheered when we scored but apart from that kept it low key, no problem. 

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2012, 01:18:43 PM »
My brother's mate from work was with us at the Arsenal game this season, but he didn't make any curfuffle, so it was fine.

I would feel a bit dirty if the friend was a Manure fan I think.

Online Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2012, 01:26:27 PM »
I was in the Wolves end last Saturday, first time I'd ever done it. Kept quiet after all 3 goals. I was probably more noticable when getting frustrated at our inept attempts to kill the game off in the 8 mins of injury time. I was sat with a friend of my Dad's. I consider away fans in home end ok if they're with a home fan and show respect. I've had Liverpool and Leeds fans in with me at Villa before now and, strangely, an Everton fan in the away end at Goodison.

I would feel a bit dirty if the friend was a Manure fan I think.

Completely agree with this though. Beyond the pale.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2012, 01:29:08 PM »
Stood on the Anfield Kop in the early 90s with my glory hunting Liverpool supporting cousins. I think it was Kevin Richardson who put us one up, and without realising I'd done it I said "Yes" and clenched my fist. The scouser next to me sussed me but was fine. However two of my mates were stood a bit further back and one of them was spat on by a loveable scouser, so I suppose it just depends on who you're stood/sat next to.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2012, 01:33:25 PM »
Depends on the area of the ground. If I were to bring anyone, it would be in the trinity rather than, say, the holte.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2012, 01:50:19 PM »
It is all about respect.  I've done it loads, both having mates sitting with me in the Villa end and sitting with them in whatever end of the sh1t team they support.  It's fine as long as you or your mate don't act like an idiot.

Offline AlwaysAVFC

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2012, 02:02:36 PM »
As long as they shut up yes, I took my mate who is a liverpool fan to sit in with the home fans and we won and I made him sing and jumpred all over him when Taylor scored the winner :)

I was with a Liverpool fan for that game as well. I was a kid and got offered 3 tickets last minute, I needed someone to take me so asked my mate so his dad could take us.

Offline AlwaysAVFC

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2012, 02:09:54 PM »
My weirdest experience of being in with home fans was at Fratton park where I was with Pompey fans with just a rope dividing me from Villa. So it felt i was with Villa but wasn't. I was pretty respectful although bloke next to me did realise & gave me a sly dig as he left after we won.

Offline luke25

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2012, 02:14:33 PM »
Looking at going to Blackburn with my 2 kids and sitting in their family stand, if they have one? Is this so wrong?
We did that on boxing day about 98ish when Oakes got sent off, had no problems and it turned out the guys sitting directly in front of us were Villa fans too.

Offline philthebar

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2012, 02:16:30 PM »
I went on the Chicken Run at West Ham quite a few years ago and though respectful and quiet, the guy next to me accused me of being a Villa fan - I said yes, how do you know - he said you can be as quiet as you like but your body language tells all.  All went well, we had some good hearted, respecful banter.

Sadly, I've had more trouble with some of our own away support.

Offline pedro25

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2012, 02:26:38 PM »
It would not bother most people, and some good banter can be had with the odd away fan in the home end, never quite understood the vitriol of the odd few who you'd think had just watched their family die in front of them so are so mad that an away fan has snuck in.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal