collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Jacob Ramsey by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 05:46:28 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by villabear
[Today at 04:37:35 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Rory
[Today at 04:07:17 AM]

Re: Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by olaftab
[Today at 02:42:51 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 02:30:08 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by aj2k77
[Today at 02:00:12 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Pete3206
[Today at 01:38:56 AM]

Re: Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Rory
[Today at 01:30:04 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is it wrong.....  (Read 10334 times)

Offline Rick_avfc

Is it wrong.....
« on: January 27, 2012, 10:29:18 AM »
....for home fans to bring their mate(s), who support the opposition team, to a game at villa park ?  For example, if you had a mate who was a QPR fan, would you bring them to the game to sit with you and the home fans?

Offline Phil from the upper holte

Re: Is it wrong.....
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 10:32:42 AM »
As long as they shut up yes, I took my mate who is a liverpool fan to sit in with the home fans and we won and I made him sing and jumpred all over him when Taylor scored the winner :)

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 10:32:50 AM »
It would depend on who the opposition is TBH. QPR would be easier than Blues or Man Utd.

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 10:36:22 AM »
I work with someone who is a Manchester City fan and as he doesn't live up there anymore, was asking if it would be ok to come to the game with his boy who is 13.  I said it shouldnt be a prob as long as he doesn't stand up and start celebrating should City score to which he replied, he wouldn't dare incase he got the sh*t kicked out of him!

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 10:45:41 AM »
I took my Man Utd supporting cousin a few seasons ago, he got pissed, thrown out, arrested then when he came out of the police station he was run over by a car.

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 10:49:02 AM »
I took my Man Utd supporting cousin a few seasons ago, he got pissed, thrown out, arrested then when he came out of the police station he was run over by a car.

holy shit!

Offline Summers

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 10:55:39 AM »
Moral of the story? Don't support Manchester United.

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 10:57:31 AM »
Looking at going to Blackburn with my 2 kids and sitting in their family stand, if they have one? Is this so wrong?

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 10:59:10 AM »
....for home fans to bring their mate(s), who support the opposition team, to a game at villa park ?  For example, if you had a mate who was a QPR fan, would you bring them to the game to sit with you and the home fans?

I'd never do it those seasons we were getting packed houses. I'd have thought I was depriving a villa fan of the chance to go see us play. Now though, things are different. I'd probably chance it as it'd be better to have a mate there  quietly supporting the opposition (not shouting, singing or celebrating) than having a plastic seat. I once brought two neutrals to villa park with me. It was a dreadfully inept 1-0 home loss to Sunderland that did nothing to convert them...

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 11:12:51 AM »
I've had opposition supporting mates with me at Villa Park and also sat in the home end at Anfield with Liverpool supporting friends.  I see no problem with it as long as you're respectful and not a twat about it.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2012, 11:18:41 AM »
It goes both ways,I took my Liverpool supporting friend when Gerrard scored in the last minute,my mate didn't flinch when it went in,last year I sat with my West Ham supporting brother in their end when Gabby scored in the last minute,and I behaved myself.

As long as they don't act like a tool,theres no problem.

Offline Newquay_AVFC

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2012, 11:19:39 AM »
It's great having fans of both sides sitting together. My favourite game of the season is always Fulham away. My brother and his wife are Fulham fans me and mine are Villa. It's a shame everywhere isn't like it. The only time i have taken a non Villa supporting mate to VP and sat with home fans was a Wimbledon mate, the game we won 5-0 or 5-1, he took it in good humour.

Offline nigel

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2012, 11:20:31 AM »
To be honest, I can't see the point in bringing them if they can't cheer or celebrate their team. If they took the piss, though, I'd thump them myself.
If it was the other way round I'd want to cheer or celebrate if Villa scored.
I sit in the Lower Trinity and some morons were having a go at the disabled away supporters!

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2012, 11:28:45 AM »
I took my mate to the Portsmouth game a couple of years ago and he got chucked out. I never did find out the reason why...

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2012, 11:39:57 AM »
He's a prick

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal