collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Reserves 7 Wolves Reserves 1  (Read 9861 times)

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
Re: Villa Reserves 7 Wolves Reserves 1
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2012, 06:05:03 PM »
Sorry, a second point about klinnsman.  He also wrote to every club side in germany telling them how he wanted them to play.  Largely these formations were adopted.  As others have said Villa need to have a club style or philosophy that is employed from the U15 (or whatever) through to the first team.  It will help the all players if the game plan is consistent throughout the club.

Offline nigel

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2012, 07:38:47 PM »
Nigel. That would have been the best thing to happen this season by a country mile! We would have had hope!
I would have liked it if AMcL had said when he was appointed "Don't expect anything this season and possibly next, I will be clearing the decks this season, introduce the young players we have and add a quality experienced players to complement them."
Unfortunatly, where as the likes of you and I would accept that he would be building a strong young squad there are many who just want it all yesterday!!
Obviously injuries permitting, how about:
Given,
Lichaj,
Stevens,
Clark,
Baker,
Herd,
Petrov (eventually to be replaced by Gardner)
Bannan,
Albrighton,
Gabby &
Weimann.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2012, 07:51:11 PM »
I have a feeling that Houllier, whilst not say it publicly, had a similar policy and we all saw the mutiny that ensued.
Unfortunately player power and the demand for instant success makes such a brave move almost impossible.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2012, 09:04:00 PM »
Sorry, a second point about klinnsman.  He also wrote to every club side in germany telling them how he wanted them to play.  Largely these formations were adopted.  As others have said Villa need to have a club style or philosophy that is employed from the U15 (or whatever) through to the first team.  It will help the all players if the game plan is consistent throughout the club.

The above is what Arsenal do and whilst they do miss out on the top trophies, it does mean most youth players step up reasonably well

Also your previous point on promoting several players at this same time is valid. Look how well we did against Manure last season when we has Marc, Barry, Clark and herd all playing from the start.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2012, 10:36:10 AM »
Also your previous point on promoting several players at this same time is valid. Look how well we did against Manure last season when we has Marc, Barry, Clark and herd all playing from the start.

That's pretty much what i was getting at earlier on this thread.

Games like Man Utd last season and results like the 7-1 say to me that they're better collectively than individually, meaning we're not always seeing the best of them when they get a first team game in isolation.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal