collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: QPR tickets  (Read 10653 times)

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
Re: QPR tickets
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 08:31:02 PM »
The problem is that they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Attendances have been poor been poor this season and thus they need to give out discounts to get bums on seats but when they do they upset the ST holders.

How you address this catch-22 is a debatable and obviously you would have a different stance depending on whether you are an ST holder or someone who goes to the odd game each season.

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 08:39:46 PM »
It was quite good to be able to put my point across to someone at the club.  I said that I was happy with my seat, I hadn't used any of the vouchers (and instead of such gimics would prefer just a cheaper ticket).  I hadn't yet decided whether to renew next season as it very much depends on performances on the pitch and also I didn't feel a season ticket represented such good value for money as it used to because of the constant discounts on individual match ticket prices.  I don't think there's been one game this season that hasn't had some sort of deal.  I also said because of this I would expect season ticket prices to be reduced for next season as they've obviously got ticket prices wrong for this season.
Well said, SoTC! This is the sort of sensible response that the club needs to take note of.

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2012, 08:41:07 PM »
Wonder if the refund includes season card holders.
It certainly should! I expect they'll argue, as I think they have in the past, that a ST is good value anyway, but there will come a point when ST holders will stop renewing if these special offers become a regular thing.
I applaud the club for making an effort to get supporters to come to games, whether it's with free coach travel or reduced prices at home, but as a ST holder who attends every game I'd quite like to be included in the rewards that are being handed out.

I'm with you there,  Frank.

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2012, 08:48:37 PM »
Cash Cows.

The casual punter gets an iPhone 4 for £15 on a no contract deal. Those who have had a Nokia 6440 for 15 years get offered a Galaxy S2 for £400 if they sign up for 5h talk time at £55 per month (reduced debit beyond 2GB of data)

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 09:19:04 PM »
If they don't do somethin then the ground will be empty. It's a funny one. I attended about 12  games last year without a  season ticket, this year I've not been down since the bolton cup game

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2012, 09:35:08 PM »
It is a problem, because actually a fair few season ticket holders who are considering whether to renew because of the prices, would probably also be thinking twice if the ground was as empty as it might get without these offers.

Villa are clear that no-one can get a season ticket holder's seat over the course of a season cheaper than a season ticket holder. They keep an eye on this and ensure it doesn't happen. You can get cheap seats in the North stand maybe, the empty lower corners of the Holte, the weirdly unfillable bits of the Doug Ellis, but anyone who is talking about their "£500 season ticket" against these offers isn't comparing like with like. Those seats carry on selling at full price for enough of the season to keep your season ticket beating them.

The vouchers with the season ticket don't really cost the club anything so they couldn't reduce the price instead. They rely on a good proportion of people that go to the counter to use a free pie voucher buying something else with it so they've actually added a sale. Even the £5 Villa shop voucher will be probably be spent on something costing more than £5, maybe it tips the balance for some people on a £40 shirt by bringing it down to £35, and yet again they have made a little more money, but done it with something that has had a feelgood factor.

However - I did say at the SCG that perception is everything, and I put it to them that they are getting to the stage where they need to think about announcing reductions on next season's season ticket for this season's season ticket holders in order to redress that perception. I have also suggested loyalty reductions e.g 5% off for 5 years in a row, 10% for 10 years etc. These are things that keep people in when they are thinking of dropping out. "If I give up my season ticket now and want to come back in a couple of years, I'll have to go back to full price" - it just makes you think twice about giving it up.

Offline wombat

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2012, 06:07:48 AM »
The yearly reductions mentioned above sound like a good idea.

I paid £405 for mine this year in the Doug Ellis P1. We moved 20 seats towards the holte end because it was £115 cheaper. I know it's a cheap ticket but I still don't think i've had value for money this season barring 2 games. Asked today would I renew, probably not, would a reduction in price see me waver probably yes. An increase in price, no chance.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2012, 08:24:07 AM »
The yearly reductions mentioned above sound like a good idea.

. An increase in price, no chance.

I don't think the club could justify putting the price of a ST up next season, bearing in mind how many offers they made to walk up fans this year. I'll be amazed if they do.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2012, 10:24:31 AM »
It is a problem, because actually a fair few season ticket holders who are considering whether to renew because of the prices, would probably also be thinking twice if the ground was as empty as it might get without these offers.

Villa are clear that no-one can get a season ticket holder's seat over the course of a season cheaper than a season ticket holder. They keep an eye on this and ensure it doesn't happen. You can get cheap seats in the North stand maybe, the empty lower corners of the Holte, the weirdly unfillable bits of the Doug Ellis, but anyone who is talking about their "£500 season ticket" against these offers isn't comparing like with like. Those seats carry on selling at full price for enough of the season to keep your season ticket beating them.

The vouchers with the season ticket don't really cost the club anything so they couldn't reduce the price instead. They rely on a good proportion of people that go to the counter to use a free pie voucher buying something else with it so they've actually added a sale. Even the £5 Villa shop voucher will be probably be spent on something costing more than £5, maybe it tips the balance for some people on a £40 shirt by bringing it down to £35, and yet again they have made a little more money, but done it with something that has had a feelgood factor.

However - I did say at the SCG that perception is everything, and I put it to them that they are getting to the stage where they need to think about announcing reductions on next season's season ticket for this season's season ticket holders in order to redress that perception. I have also suggested loyalty reductions e.g 5% off for 5 years in a row, 10% for 10 years etc. These are things that keep people in when they are thinking of dropping out. "If I give up my season ticket now and want to come back in a couple of years, I'll have to go back to full price" - it just makes you think twice about giving it up.

I'm sure they will make the ST cheaper than the equivalent seat on a match by match offers basis, but:

- is it sufficiently cheaper to warrant paying a big chunk of money in one go?

- is it enough of an attraction for people to commit to buying into every single match in advance?

Also, i was wondering, when crowds are poor, what's to stop people buying the cheap offer seats and moving somewhere better? Where i sit, for example, is in the central upper Trinity, but there are lots of seats behind our block empty - seats which aren't on offer. What's to stop someone buying cheap seats and just picking an empty seat here?

I also take your point about not comparing like to like, but it really is about the perception as much as the reality, and people will think long and hard about whether they're getting value.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 10:26:41 AM by pauliewalnuts »

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2012, 07:35:40 PM »

I also take your point about not comparing like to like, but it really is about the perception as much as the reality, and people will think long and hard about whether they're getting value.

Which is what I said.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2012, 09:31:07 AM »
There are two main advantages in having a season ticket:
1 - you sit in the same seat, with the same people around you (except cup games when all and sundry get let in).
2 - you can be in the away scheme.

These reasons may not be that important to some people so they may be tempted to wait for the offer each game.

Personally, I am hoping for a reduction in the season ticket price next season. I don't want three cups of tea for the price of two or a free pie (not permitted at half time). I have already got my season ticket holder 'reserved' seat sticker so I don't need a new one of them.

Any increase in price will be very foolhardy as I will also be for stumping up the money. We need a significant gesture and that can only be a reduction in cost. A freeze in price will be seen as not good enough by me.

Offline levico

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2012, 10:04:55 AM »
I know that pricing is an issue with many people these days but I can't help but think that if we could just start winning games the ground would soon fill up. Simples!

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2012, 10:12:04 AM »
1 - you sit in the same seat, with the same people around you (except cup games when all and sundry get let in).

These reasons may not be that important to some people so they may be tempted to wait for the offer each game.

Personally, I am hoping for a reduction in the season ticket price next season. I don't want three cups of tea for the price of two or a free pie (not permitted at half time). I have already got my season ticket holder 'reserved' seat sticker so I don't need a new one of them.

Any increase in price will be very foolhardy as I will also be for stumping up the money. We need a significant gesture and that can only be a reduction in cost. A freeze in price will be seen as not good enough by me.
Judging by the what the person said from the ticket office when interviewing about our season ticket They are looking at offering a price freeze to ST holders who purchase early ie as soon as the season finishes

Offline Sister of Top Cat

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2012, 11:18:31 AM »

I've had two of those removed from my seat!

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2012, 09:22:55 AM »

I've had two of those removed from my seat!

The rotters!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal