collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: QPR tickets  (Read 10651 times)

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
QPR tickets
« on: January 17, 2012, 04:42:14 PM »

Offline villajk

Re: QPR tickets
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 04:44:51 PM »
Ticket prices for the next home match with QPR have now been reduced throughout the stadium - as a thank-you for the loyal support of the claret and blue army and with our FA Cup tie at Arsenal in mind.

Season card holders can also bring up to six family members or friends for £10 AND receive double RAV [Recruit-a-Villan] points too.

From today, adult tickets will be priced at £20 in the North Stand/Holte End and £25 in Trinity Road/Doug Ellis Stand.

Juniors will be priced at £10 and all other concessions at just £15 throughout the whole stadium.

The decision to reduce prices for this game has been bolstered by our cup draw with Arsenal and our intention to encourage a massive following on our visit to the Emirates Stadium.

You can pick up tickets in person from Villa Village or New Street, on the phone via 0800 612 0970 or buy online - click here.

Details for the FA Cup fourth round match at Arsenal have been confirmed, with a 4pm kick-off on Sunday January 29.

Ticket prices for that away clash are £35 for adults, £15 for O65s and £14 for U16s.

They will go on sale on Monday January 16 and further information can be found - click here.

Free coach travel from Villa Park will also be available for all supporters who wish to take up this offer.

Supporters who has already purchased for the QPR fixture will be contacted shortly to discuss refund policy.

Everyone at Aston Villa would like to thank you for your continued support throughout this season and hope to see you at Villa Park for the QPR match.. 

Wonder if the refund includes season card holders.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 04:47:07 PM by villajk »

Offline villajk

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 04:46:06 PM »
Damn my quoting.

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 04:53:10 PM »
Maybe a reward for season ticket holders, would be a free ticket for an away game.

Offline luke25

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 04:57:51 PM »
Maybe a reward for season ticket holders, would be a free ticket for an away game.
Great idea, lets take 18k to Wolves.

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 04:59:40 PM »
Great idea, lets take 18k to Wolves.
Thanksd mate...Lets do it!

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 05:10:37 PM »
They must really be struggling to shift seats for this one.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 05:25:53 PM »
They must really be struggling to shift seats for this one.

Not suprised, we barely managed 30k at home to Everton on a Saturday at 3pm, imagine how bad it'll be for shit QPR on a wednesday night.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 06:47:28 PM »
Is a ST really worth it?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 06:49:01 PM »
Yep, I think it's a bit of a smokescreen that, I'm sure they'd still have reduced tickets for this one if we'd been knocked out by Bristol Rovers.

I got my ticket for QPR for 13 quid off Viagogo anyway.

Offline midnite

• GM : 30.03.2016
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 07:04:44 PM »

[/quote]
Is a ST really worth it?

Thats what we've been discussing. £500+ for the guarantee of sitting in the holte end or we all pick the games throughout the season and get them at massively discounted prices and we just have to put up with sitting in different seats in different parts of the ground.

Obviously the risk there is if/when games pick up/new buyers come in or whatever and demand for tickets picks up. What do we do then? Or we may go back to our season tickets again.
I feel at the minute I'm being punished in the wallet for being a season ticket holder.

Whether its sky, mobile phone networks or football grounds. New customers seem to get better deals than seasoned loyal customers.

Offline BedsVillain

• Twitter:
  • GM : May, 2013
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 07:25:44 PM »
Well I hope they are open to allowing seating area swaps. I couldn't afford tickets in the Trinity Middle for my (over 65) Dad and (under 16) nephew as all tickets were £37! So I purchased three tickets for the Holte Lower @ £20 each. Now it's £24 for adults and £9 for u16's in the Trinity.

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 08:20:39 PM »
Wonder if the refund includes season card holders.
It certainly should! I expect they'll argue, as I think they have in the past, that a ST is good value anyway, but there will come a point when ST holders will stop renewing if these special offers become a regular thing.
I applaud the club for making an effort to get supporters to come to games, whether it's with free coach travel or reduced prices at home, but as a ST holder who attends every game I'd quite like to be included in the rewards that are being handed out.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2012, 08:22:38 PM »
So would I.

Offline Sister of Top Cat

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012, 08:22:40 PM »
I had a call from the Villa yesterday asking me various questions, mainly about my season ticket: was I happy with my seat; had I used any of the vouchers that came with the pack; what was the main reason for  having a season ticket; would I be renewing; and finally, had I missed any home games this season.  As it turns out, I wasn't there on Saturday.  I've since found out that they also telephoned a friend of mine (a fellow a season ticket holder) who didn't attend on Saturday so I suspect they're looking into attendances quite closely at the moment.

It was quite good to be able to put my point across to someone at the club.  I said that I was happy with my seat, I hadn't used any of the vouchers (and instead of such gimics would prefer just a cheaper ticket).  I hadn't yet decided whether to renew next season as it very much depends on performances on the pitch and also I didn't feel a season ticket represented such good value for money as it used to because of the constant discounts on individual match ticket prices.  I don't think there's been one game this season that hasn't had some sort of deal.  I also said because of this I would expect season ticket prices to be reduced for next season as they've obviously got ticket prices wrong for this season.  From a personal point of view I pointed out that ticket prices in the Lower Trinity are in my opinion wrongly priced for cup games as we're lumped in with the "posh" seats in the Middle/Upper Trinity. 

Anyway I'm not holding my breath that anything will come of it but at least they're paying attention to the gates, even if it is only from a point of that they're losing too much money from a lack of bums on seats! 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal