collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: i'm had enough now  (Read 15529 times)

Offline Larry Duff

i'm had enough now
« on: January 16, 2012, 07:53:05 PM »
I am a season ticket holder. Because of work commitments I can't make away games on a saturday but I go to watch all the home reserve games and all the home academy games. I also go to academy and reserve away games when I can (I intended to be at Birmingham on saturday morning to watch the kids)

The club have made it increasingly difficult for us to follow the reserves and the academy in recent seasons.  They change kick off times, venues and even the day of the match without a thought for us fans.  Many times last season I arrived at Bodymore for an 11.00 O'clock start to find that kick off was at 12 O'clock so had to wait around in the freezing conditions for the match to start.

On saturday I got there late, thought there was no game on so went home again. Then I found out that we did play but not on the normal pitch.
I spent a lot of time yesterday trying to find out where the reserve game against Wolves was taking place.  Obviously nothing on our website so checked Wolves and the Hinckley site to no avail.
This morning I found out we were playing at Hinckley but when I got there tonight surprise surprise the fuckin game is off.
I have been toying with not having a season ticket next year but this has absolutely made up my mind.,
Bunch of tossers. 

Offline spangley1812

Re: i'm had enough now
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 07:56:19 PM »
http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2578760,00.html

That was posted on the website @ about 5.00pm

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 07:57:20 PM »
That news was on twitter and facebook earlier on, supposedly taken off the OS. Not thats going to make you feel any better about the wasted journey.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 07:58:22 PM »
Does an acquaintance of yours have a knack for calling your mobile at really inappropriate moments? Like when you're driving along a mountain road, or skiiing near a cliff edge?

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 08:12:32 PM »
It's on tomorrow at BMH if that helps in any way, mate?

Offline Larry Duff

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 08:20:39 PM »
I don't know when the game was called off. I was hoping it was being played at Villa Park but there was no information on the weekend when I wasn't at work and could spend time finding out. I checked at 8 O'Clock this morning and again at 12 O'Clock when I found out it was at Hinckley. I left work at 5 O'Clock to go to the game.

If this was a one off I wouldn't be quite so annoyed but there has been lots of times over the last couple of seasons. Last season I turned up at Wasthills for the 11 O'Clock kick off against Blues to find that they had played the game at bodymore on the friday lunchtime. 

We are not all on twitter and the club should let us know what is happening.
I feel another wasted journey coming up on saturday morning.

Offline Larry Duff

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 08:24:44 PM »
I have to go to the eye hospital tomorrow and I am not supposed to drive because they are putting some dye into my eyes apparently.
Would have been an ideal day to watch the first team play.

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 08:29:57 PM »
I have to go to the eye hospital tomorrow and I am not supposed to drive because they are putting some dye into my eyes apparently.
Would have been an ideal day to watch the first team play.

Can you get some of that dye for me?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 08:35:09 PM »
The day the club loses fans like Larry is a sad and worrying one.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 08:44:17 PM »
The least you should expect from the club is to inform the supporters of the details of the fixtures the club are involved in at all levels, together with any late changes.  The obvious place would be the official club website so that all fans know where to go for information.  It's not difficult if you care enough about the fans.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 09:01:53 PM »
I know a few people who go to all these games. They are just as important as league games when you look at the way the club is going. I wasn't going but would have at least expected warning that there was to be a pitch inspection. Its not as if the pitch was under a foot of snow! If I had fallen for this , I would have been severely pissed off. Maybe some people were 'in the know' and got to find out but, if we must play home games remotely like this, the club should have had the courtesy to say something. It is a bloody disgrace.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2012, 09:03:48 PM »
Does an acquaintance of yours have a knack for calling your mobile at really inappropriate moments? Like when you're driving along a mountain road, or skiiing near a cliff edge?

Haha that's brilliant!

Seriously though I suppose the club never expect anyone to really turn up so don't bother updating...obviously there's a the die hards like Larry who do like to watch the academy games so you would expect a regular update on the O/S the day before the game is to be played or in the Mail.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2012, 09:04:13 PM »
Yes. In all seriousness, surely Pravda should be current and up to date with details like this? Very poor indeed.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2012, 09:12:09 PM »

Get hip with the kids daddio.

I'm guessing here but maybe we were relying on Hinckleys groundstaff to let us know the condition of the pitch and they are only part time, hence the late notification? Dunno, its probably safest to blame Mcleish.

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2012, 09:15:25 PM »

Get hip with the kids daddio.

I'm guessing here but maybe we were relying on Hinckleys groundstaff to let us know the condition of the pitch and they are only part time, hence the late notification? Dunno, its probably safest to blame Mcleish.

I blame MON

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal