collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: It's the ENDA the world as we know it, and I feel fine !  (Read 8108 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Transfer
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 02:09:39 PM »
Maybe we could get a left back on loan? Is Zhirkov still at Chavski? Always liked him.

Offline Reuben

Re: It's the ENDA the world as we know it, and I feel fine !
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 02:13:19 PM »
A few mentioned Delph playing there on another thread which may be ok although isn't he going on loan?  Any reports on Baker or Lowry at Millwall?  Doubt they'd have any claim to the position ahead of Stevens though, especially if they played in the last Millwall game!

Offline philthebar

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2012, 02:14:04 PM »
Come on give Warnock some credit.

He nearly scored with a blinding header.  Took an excellent save to deny him.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2012, 02:27:37 PM »
When you read this thread I think you can see AM's issue with dropping him - no clear or obvious replacement!  What have we come up with?

Clark - a natural CB currently needed in midfield
Stevens - totally untried at this level
Delph - a midfielder struggling for form 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 02:49:59 PM by John M'Zog »

Online Tokyo Sexwhale

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2012, 02:30:57 PM »
I think Lichaj would be the best of the other candidates, although I think he could also replace Hutton at RB.

Offline pedro25

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 02:45:53 PM »
McLeish has not tried Cuellar or Clark in place of Dunne or Collins yet at centre half, so I doubt he'd be tempted to play Herd, Lichaj, Clark, Stevens or Delph over Warnock or Hutton.  I think the most radical he would be is Cuellar for Hutton at right back.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 02:52:24 PM »
any chance of getting K.Walker back ?    :P

having played in both full back positions at a reasonable standard it is hard to defend Warnock or Hutton as they do not even do the "simple" things well, simple 10 yard passes go astray, headers lack direction and any power, Warnock can't tackle and Hutton is a red card in-waiting.

When defending the goals your best friend is the side-line on your side of the pitch.

UTV
The Doc 

Offline villasjf

• GM : Sep, 10
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2012, 05:13:27 PM »
Has Enda played for the reserves yet? Or has anyone heard how he's getting on in training?
As I said in the Everton post match thread I'd rather see Neil Warnock at left back than Stephen.
Yes he played for the reserves against Arsenal (I think) Had a good game by all accounts
The reserves are playing Wolves tonight so he might be in that.
Its been called off frozen pitch, due to be played 1pm tomorrow at Bodymore Heath

Offline Damo70

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2012, 05:23:28 PM »
Hutton has been poor from day one. I thought Warnock kept plugging away and doing his best on Saturday but he is totally out of form and he knows it. I think Herd and Lichaj have shown enough in the past to be given a chance in place of Hutton and Warnock but AM obviously wants the latter two to play themselves back into form in the first team. How much longer can he afford to give them though?

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2012, 05:35:09 PM »
Even at his best Warnock has a tendency to dive into challenges and give away stupid unnecessary free kicks, and his atttacking play isn't all that.  At his worst, like recently,  he's a total liability.  Whilst a "natural replacement" would obviously be preferable, the way he's played the last two games, a geriatric Charlie Aitken, a one legged Wilf Bouma and even William McGregors's statue would have been more effective.   

Offline seanthevillan

• pick our team
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2012, 05:42:26 PM »
A few mentioned Delph playing there on another thread which may be ok although isn't he going on loan?  Any reports on Baker or Lowry at Millwall?  Doubt they'd have any claim to the position ahead of Stevens though, especially if they played in the last Millwall game!

Pretty sure Lowry got sent off in that match, so maybe he's got 'Warnockitis' as well.

Offline supertom

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2012, 06:16:45 PM »
Between Collins, Warnock and Hutton, we give away a shocking amount of silly free kicks around our area. The fact we haven't given away a whole shed load more penalties is down to luck too, particularly in Hutton's case. He could have had 3-4 reds this season already.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2012, 06:22:39 PM »
Warnock has been poor this season I would give Stevens a go at left back he couldn't do much worse I know he needs to get up to speed with the premier league but you will only get up to speed with game time so I say give him a go.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2012, 06:30:38 PM »
I think Warnock has been piss poor for most of the season. Yes he had a decent game down at Chelsea and at Stoke but that's about it. I don't rate the guy at all. Unfortunatley it's far too early to put Edna in, i think it may be next season before we see him.

Offline Big Dick Edwards

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2012, 06:46:16 PM »
Warnock has been awful for pretty much the whole season

Got to disagree. Warnock was a reliable performer up until Xmas. He's had some mares recently and is suffering a crisis of confidence but the bloke never hides when things are going badly. In an ideal world we'd bring in a proven deputy from the squad but we simply don't have another proven left back. Stevens is an inexperienced and unknown quantity.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal