collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by john e
[Today at 12:05:05 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Risso
[Today at 12:04:28 PM]

Kaine Kesler Hayden by OCD
[Today at 12:03:34 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by LeeB
[Today at 12:03:19 PM]

NSWE Investment by Concrete Tom
[Today at 12:03:15 PM]

Ollie Watkins by The Edge
[Today at 11:59:39 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 11:54:44 AM]

Reserves and Academy 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 11:53:40 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by john e
[Today at 12:05:05 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Risso
[Today at 12:04:28 PM]

Re: Kaine Kesler Hayden by OCD
[Today at 12:03:34 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by LeeB
[Today at 12:03:19 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Concrete Tom
[Today at 12:03:15 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 12:01:33 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by OCD
[Today at 12:01:08 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by AV82EC
[Today at 12:00:49 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Barry Bannan Twittergate  (Read 39715 times)

Offline Rick_avfc

Re: Barry Bannan Twittergate
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2012, 02:38:40 PM »
Is this thread a fucking wind up?

Jesus christ.

No not really.  Why would it be a wind up?  Also, just wanted to see what other fans thought about it and the fact that as a professional, he just needs to be careful what he says on an open forum where he can be targetted by the media.

He has said nothing.

ok, im a bit confused here so help me out.  When you say "he has said nothing" what do you actually mean?  The topic is about him tweeting "chillin at home.....wat a boring day that was".  To me, thats him saying something which could (not necessarily me) piss people off regarding his attitude etc.

If his day was cold and boring then it's up to him if he wants to tweet it. People choose to follow him and if they are pissed off by him saying he had a cold and boring day then they are the ones with an attitude problem.

This is what I'm getting at, that people may take offence to him saying that so he should think about it before saying it considering he was in the match day squad.  After he tweeted that, Albrighton tweeted something positive as did Gardner.  Now, for the people who went to the game and follow Bannan on twitter, would have witnessed a boring game and were probably annoyed about it.  Then for Bannan to say what he did, might wind up people/fans even more especially when other players are being more positive about it.  I dont know if it has been reported in the press but I hope it hasn't or doesn't as they could take it to another level which could attract more negativity towards the club. Ok, maybe calling this topic twittergate can be perceived as being OTT but that wasn't my intention.  It was just a heading I gave the topic.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2012, 02:41:01 PM »
Getting in trouble at work for tweeting your opinion. Imagine that.

Offline Surrey Villain

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2012, 03:43:15 PM »
Is this really worth writing about?  It was a chilling day and the match was worse.  Albrighton's tweet was what he felt.  Gardner is excited just being on the bench.  Bannon wants to take part, expects to take part. He is after all an international footballer (alright I know only Scotland).  I agree with what he said.  It was chilly and boring.  We surely have more to moan about.

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2012, 04:08:57 PM »
I agree it was boring (watched the game on line) but as I wasn't there to watch the game cant comment on the chilly side of things!  :P
Look, I think the point about this is that being a professional he just has to becareful and think about stuff before tweeting.  What he tweeted was harmless to him and to many others (including me) out there but it caused some fans to get on his back hence why I wanted to see the reaction from fans on here.  At the end of the day, its a set of words on a screen and each person will interpret it differently just as a number of people on here have.  Its proof that we dont all view things from the same point of view.  At a time where we are close to another recession and fans paying good money to come a see boring football in the cold, people will question his attitude when he uses the term boring especially when he is being paid good money to sit on the bench so he isn't really out of pocket is he.

On a more positive note, he did tweet that he was looking forward to the reserve game against Wolves followed by him being gutted at it being called off.

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2012, 04:10:29 PM »
Barry Bannan does seem to be a bit of a tool does'nt he ?
Done for drink driving, on around £50k a week for sitting on a bench in the freezing cold, nothing better to do than use social media to tell the world he is bored whlist supposed to be doing his very well paid 'job', you want to be in the stands and paying for your over inflated wages and ego, he is typical of today's modern footballer and why I am totally pissed off with the game.
Why not get on with trying to be good enough to wear the shirt of Aston Villa ?
Memo to Mr. Bannan: Engage brain before twittering.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2012, 04:22:32 PM »
It's not like he said anything THAT controversial (this time). Many of our fans are bored shitless watching us and it's not as if it's our job to do that. How many of us complain about having shit boring days at work on various social networking sites? I dare say had he got to play he might have had felt he had a better day at work and would have felt more positively about it in much the same way if something went well for us at work we would find it a bit less shit and boring. If he had said that McLeish was a ****** for not playing him or that every day in Birmingham is cold and shit then he'd deserve stick.

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2012, 04:22:51 PM »
Do you think a day will come when players can submit a transfer request via a social networking site?

Offline Fuse

• GM : 28.08.2015
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2012, 04:29:29 PM »
Can't run, can't tackle, useless in the air and spends most of his time prancing around like a poor man's Xavi. Leaves us exposed if he plays in the middle.

Sell him if we can he will be no loss. Up his own arse in my opinion.

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2012, 04:39:00 PM »
Can't run, can't tackle, useless in the air and spends most of his time prancing around like a poor man's Xavi. Leaves us exposed if he plays in the middle.

Until I read the last sentence I was convinced you'd been watching me play down the park.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2012, 04:39:31 PM »
So he's a Celtic fan then?

Anyone know if Delfouneso is a Villa fan?

He's from Tyseley and his brother plays for Blues so he could be a Small Heathen...

If anyone should know it would be you.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2012, 04:40:47 PM »
Has he called the fans wankers?Slagged off the board? Disrespected the manager?

No. That all gets done on here by all of us every day.

Offline bob

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2012, 05:25:55 PM »
At a time where we are close to another recession and fans paying good money to come a see boring football in the cold, people will question his attitude when he uses the term boring especially when he is being paid good money to sit on the bench so he isn't really out of pocket is he.

on around £50k a week for sitting on a bench in the freezing cold, nothing better to do than use social media to tell the world he is bored whlist supposed to be doing his very well paid 'job', you want to be in the stands and paying for your over inflated wages and ego, he is typical of today's modern footballer and why I am totally pissed off with the game.

What does the amount of money he gets paid have to do with this? Does being wealthy automatically eliminate all boredom from a person's life?

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2012, 06:15:15 PM »
Hide what they think and they look like bland PR puppets who echo pointless meaningless comments. Give an honest opinion and people are up in arms.

It *was* boring. I'd rather players admit it than pretend all is well in the world. The game was shit. Perhaps he could have framed it more positively, but when was the last time you heard a cheerful Scotsman?

Offline Rancid custard

« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2012, 06:15:39 PM »

Until I read the last sentence I was convinced you'd been watching me play down the park.

Best reply of the year so far. Coffee spitter.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2012, 07:54:44 PM »
Thick footballer in "Twitter account" shocker. Personally if i was the manager i'd ban all the players from using it, but i don't get the outrage. Complaining about dull or stupid posts on twitter is like watching big brother and complaining all the contestants are dull and stupid - that's the idea, thats why its there - For dullards and celebrity dullards to tell even bigger dullards what dull thing they're doing. See also facebook.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal