collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Barry Bannan Twittergate  (Read 39694 times)

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
Re: Barry Bannan Twittergate
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 12:56:08 PM »
I don't think he's very bright.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 12:57:31 PM »
He's a very good footballer , unfortunately seems to be going in wrong direction like club in general , even if I do think twittergate is huge over reaction.

A very good footballer? What has he ever done in a Villa shirt to warrant such praise?

Offline pav

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2012, 01:00:43 PM »
I said very good footballer not great , amazing , excellent or world class , play against him and I'm sure you would find he is , as for warranting praise certain players are getting paid more for having total stinkers so warrant praise purely on fact I think he is .

Offline SteveN

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2012, 01:02:37 PM »
He's a very good footballer , unfortunately seems to be going in wrong direction like club in general , even if I do think twittergate is huge over reaction.

A very good footballer? What has he ever done in a Villa shirt to warrant such praise?

I don't see enough live games where he has played to be qualified to comment, but I will anway  I just have a gut feeling he is the new Peter Whittingtham, just falling short of Premiership standard. I hope I'm wrong.

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2012, 01:55:39 PM »
Is this thread a fucking wind up?

Jesus christ.

No not really.  Why would it be a wind up?  Also, just wanted to see what other fans thought about it and the fact that as a professional, he just needs to be careful what he says on an open forum where he can be targetted by the media.

Offline Handsworth Wood Villa

• TRS-T
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 01:59:10 PM »
So he's a Celtic fan then?

Anyone know if Delfouneso is a Villa fan?

He's from Tyseley and his brother plays for Blues so he could be a Small Heathen...

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 01:59:45 PM »
FFS, who cares? Has he called the fans wankers?Slagged off the board? Disrespected the manager? No.Get a grip

Offline supertom

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2012, 02:06:12 PM »
It's hardly Barton-esque but still, Barry Bannan should be a little more concerned about trying to prove his worth as a professional footballer. Thus far all he'll be remembered for in his time here, should he leave tomorrow, is that he got arrested for drink driving. That's it. Brilliant!

He's a little naive and he needs to work a lot, lot harder.

At the moment, we need all our players to give it 100% and play as well as the possibly can. There's too few of our squad doing that, and he's one of them. McLeish is not very good by any stretch, but he's not got much to work with either in fairness to him, especially when some of the players, like Bannan, aren't putting in enough effort.

After what he did, he should be bending over backwards, busting his bollocks to try and force his way back into the team.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2012, 02:12:26 PM »
FFS, who cares? Has he called the fans wankers?Slagged off the board? Disrespected the manager? No.Get a grip

He has previous for this sort of thing and was carpeted for describing Birmingham as a shithole on his My Space page a couple of years back. With this in mind he might want to consider the benfits of restricting his social media interactions to such uncontroversial fare as his visits to Nando's and whatever La Liga game happens to be on.

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2012, 02:12:54 PM »

I originally thought "who cares" when i first read about it but when you think about it, he was silly for tweeting it thats all.  Yes, he is probably upset and not being given game time but with the current mood around the place, he just needs to becareful what he says thats all.  If you were manager and one of your players tweeted that, would you not want to question him about it?  I agree, he hasn't said anything over the top but some people have taken offence to it and have reacted negatively towards him on twitter.

Offline bob

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2012, 02:16:57 PM »

Jesus christ.

No not really.  Why would it be a wind up?  Also, just wanted to see what other fans thought about it and the fact that as a professional, he just needs to be careful what he says on an open forum where he can be targetted by the media.

He has said nothing.

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2012, 02:20:16 PM »

Jesus christ.

He has said nothing.

ok, im a bit confused here so help me out.  When you say "he has said nothing" what do you actually mean?  The topic is about him tweeting "chillin at home.....wat a boring day that was".  To me, thats him saying something which could (not necessarily me) piss people off regarding his attitude etc.

Offline Reuben

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2012, 02:21:30 PM »

He has previous for this sort of thing and was carpeted for describing Birmingham as a shithole on his My Space page a couple of years back. With this in mind he might want to consider the benfits of restricting his social media interactions to such uncontroversial fare as his visits to Nando's and whatever La Liga game happens to be on.

He also got involved in tit for tat with a Leeds fan following his loan and a general fan of Scottish football.  They were upset by the 'uncontroversial fare' about doing nothing except playing FIFA or going to Nando's when he should be concentrating on training/ his career.  Basically, it is a fine line on social media.  Do you say what fans want to hear or how you feel?  It is all down to interpretation too.  If someone tweets 'gutted to be substituted today', a fan would be pleased that there is passion, a stirrer would say there's a major fall out with the boss.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2012, 02:24:09 PM »
I don't mind chatting about whether or no wee Bazza should or should not be tweeting what he has been tweeting. However, I MUST say TSK! in the strongest possible manner at the use of the -gate suffix with a noun that is not "Water".

Offline bob

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2012, 02:25:39 PM »

Jesus christ.

He has said nothing.

ok, im a bit confused here so help me out.  When you say "he has said nothing" what do you actually mean?  The topic is about him tweeting "chillin at home.....wat a boring day that was".  To me, thats him saying something which could (not necessarily me) piss people off regarding his attitude etc.

If his day was cold and boring then it's up to him if he wants to tweet it. People choose to follow him and if they are pissed off by him saying he had a cold and boring day then they are the ones with an attitude problem.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal